The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ACTIVE Classic Rock & Metal Bands????

+13
mothy
Temple of Blood
bjorn agin
deathisgain
sentient 6
Snert I
Black Rider
Benny4SR
My Awesome Timothy
Soldier777
timekeeper
New Creation
alldatndensum
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

ACTIVE Classic Rock & Metal Bands???? - Page 2 Empty Re: ACTIVE Classic Rock & Metal Bands????

Post by sentient 6 Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:04 pm

That Crossrock just goes to remind me that if there is a newer " Christian " classic sounding band out there, 9 times out of 10 the lyrics are weak ( as far as being biblical ). That's why sometimes I just will listen to the secular stuff, because in general I like them more ( sound and song writing ) anyway.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

ACTIVE Classic Rock & Metal Bands???? - Page 2 Empty Re: ACTIVE Classic Rock & Metal Bands????

Post by sentient 6 Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:06 pm

As far as Christian rock goes, I do like the Union of Sinners and Saints.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:20 am

deathisgain wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
2. Not like it used to be. Big names are suffering sales, so the little labels aren't faring better. Have you looked at record sales now a days? Successful ones are measured in the thousands. That is chump change compared to the 80's and 90's. We can chalk some of that up to illegal downloading, but our money also goes to a lot of other "entertainment" these days: Movies, electronics, games, etc. Less cash to spare. Also, most people complain about how music sucks, so less people are buying it. It's also more segregated by genres. In the old days, people would go to see Metallica & Poison without thinking that either one was exclusive. There wasn't a whole hell of a lot to choose from. Now, thanks to the internet, we have thousands of bands at our finger tips.

I don't think that illegal downloading these days is that big of a deal.  Most people just use a streaming service and pay very little, if anything, for their music.  Music has always been free to this new generation and it will be hard or possibly impossible to get them to pay for something they expect to be free.  While it is near impossible to get heard if you are an indie without streaming, you aren't going to get paid from that, either.

That's why I mentioned that some of it was illegal downloading. And I think that tends to go along the lines of the more popular stuff. You'll see way more illegal downloads for a Beyonce song than a Christian rock/metal artist. I think some of the old school guys have convinced themselves that that is why they have poor sales, not realizing that it has more to do with poor advertising, saturated market, or bad music.

People are even helping themselves to music illegally via streaming!!!  Monkey Biz

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40519137
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:10 am

Here's another ACTIVE classic sounding band with a brand new album released TODAY.

Behold, The Crimson Bridge Ministry!  Their new album is called "Choices".  Downloads are available now and the CD will be available in a couple of weeks as there was a delay with the manufacturer.

https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/thecrimsonbridgeministry3

If you like strong Christian messages and lots of backing harmonies with some powerhouse solos, then this will be for you!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:22 am

sentient 6 wrote:As far as Christian rock goes, I do like the Union of Sinners and Saints.

And hopefully they will do more than just the one album they've done.  At least John Schlitt is still making music.

I wish we'd see some new stuff by Ken Tamplin and John Elefante.  I don't think we've ever gonna get anything from Tamplin.  It has been, what?  Fourteen years since "Wake The Nations"?
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:59 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
sentient 6 wrote:As far as Christian rock goes, I do like the Union of Sinners and Saints.

And hopefully they will do more than just the one album they've done.  At least John Schlitt is still making music.

I wish we'd see some new stuff by Ken Tamplin and John Elefante.  I don't think we've ever gonna get anything from Tamplin.  It has been, what?  Fourteen years since "Wake The Nations"?

You'll have a better chance hearing new music out of Elefante. Ken Tamplin has been busy with his vocal academy for years now, I suspect that is where his focus is these days. At least John Elefante is still doing concert dates.
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:23 pm

This is a great thread.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:03 pm

There is a decent selection of newer power metal kind of stuff but I notice alot of bands are still doing CD's only. I havent bought a cd in 4 years and wont unless utterly forced. I have been relying on Bandcamp for alot of music because I can buy and download for offline legally as well as most of the money goes to the band if it is independently released.

When I cant find a true Christian message I have been looking for bands that are atleast not Anti God or blatantly being blasphemous. I am enjoying stuff like Iced Earth, Helloween, Oracle re-release and DivineFire. If anyone has more suggestions about speed/power metal or Thrash bands that might not be overtly Christian but maybe have Christian members and aret try to placate into the Satanism or Anti-God vibe I would love to hear them.

Just my 2 cents
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snert I Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:28 pm

@mothy
If you haven't checked out  Theocracy, Innerwish, Signum Regis and Project Aegis yet, I recommend to do so:

Poject Aegis is a side project of Theocracy's Matt Smith with only two songs out  yet:

Snert I
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:31 pm

Those are all great bands, Snert, but I really want that classic 70s or 80s style.  These are far more progressive than what I am looking for.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Fundy Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:51 pm

Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

Back to top Go down

Post by Snert I Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:14 am

@alldat
I knew that would be offtopic - sorry. I wanted to direct mothy to these bands as he was asking for bands of that style in his posting.

Snert I
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by jusma Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:52 am

Hey, XT is back? That's cool!
One day it would be nice to see them live and hear all the classics
jusma
jusma
Finnish Metal Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:06 pm

You've probably already heard of these guys.  It's a modern recording, but apparently the band has been around since at least the 90's.

Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by walters777 Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:19 pm

Can’t believe no one has mentioned Chaotic Resemblance! They are great and have been produced by Oz Fox. They have a Motley Crue/Poison sound. They are active and making new music.

https://youtu.be/zG93gyhMdxU

walters777
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:28 am

I do have XT ordered.  With all the great bands that have been mentioned, though, I am all caught up and have every last one of them.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2