The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Unblack Metal band? (Active & Non-active)

+15
cailen
Opeth3232
sentient 6
Grindboy
eatbugs
Troublezone
Black Rider
exo
Fearless For The King
Hardcore Christian
Markus1987
11razorwire
Kerrick
stringfellow_hawke
Nocturnal Servant
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Favorite Unblack Metal band? (Active & Non-active)

Favorite Unblack Metal band? (Active & Non-active) I_vote_lcap7%Favorite Unblack Metal band? (Active & Non-active) I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 2 ]
Favorite Unblack Metal band? (Active & Non-active) I_vote_lcap20%Favorite Unblack Metal band? (Active & Non-active) I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 6 ]
Favorite Unblack Metal band? (Active & Non-active) I_vote_lcap17%Favorite Unblack Metal band? (Active & Non-active) I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 5 ]
Favorite Unblack Metal band? (Active & Non-active) I_vote_lcap10%Favorite Unblack Metal band? (Active & Non-active) I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 3 ]
Favorite Unblack Metal band? (Active & Non-active) I_vote_lcap10%Favorite Unblack Metal band? (Active & Non-active) I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 3 ]
Favorite Unblack Metal band? (Active & Non-active) I_vote_lcap0%Favorite Unblack Metal band? (Active & Non-active) I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Favorite Unblack Metal band? (Active & Non-active) I_vote_lcap33%Favorite Unblack Metal band? (Active & Non-active) I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 10 ]
Favorite Unblack Metal band? (Active & Non-active) I_vote_lcap0%Favorite Unblack Metal band? (Active & Non-active) I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Favorite Unblack Metal band? (Active & Non-active) I_vote_lcap3%Favorite Unblack Metal band? (Active & Non-active) I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 30

Favorite Unblack Metal band? (Active & Non-active) Empty Favorite Unblack Metal band? (Active & Non-active)

Post by Nocturnal Servant Thu May 11, 2017 2:51 pm

What is your favorite Unblack Metal band? Honestly it's hard for me to choose just one. Of course there's plenty more than this, if the band isn't listed you can just name them in the comments.
Nocturnal Servant
Nocturnal Servant
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Favorite Unblack Metal band? (Active & Non-active) Empty Re: Favorite Unblack Metal band? (Active & Non-active)

Post by stringfellow_hawke Thu May 11, 2017 3:00 pm

Voted Horde.

Raw, face ripping black metal. 

That is the kind I really love.
stringfellow_hawke
stringfellow_hawke
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Favorite Unblack Metal band? (Active & Non-active) Empty Re: Favorite Unblack Metal band? (Active & Non-active)

Post by Kerrick Thu May 11, 2017 3:04 pm

Vials Of Wrath for me.  Though I LOVE Vardoger's full-length... but it's not black metal, only their EP is.  Antestor would be #2 for me on this list.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by 11razorwire Thu May 11, 2017 7:37 pm

Tough decision, but went with Antestor.
11razorwire
11razorwire
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus1987 Sat May 13, 2017 5:11 am

Easy one... Grave Declaration.
Markus1987
Markus1987
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocturnal Servant Sun May 14, 2017 2:23 am

Markus1987 wrote:Easy one... Grave Declaration.

For me it was between them and Antestor. It was a very difficult choice for me, because I love both bands. \m/
Nocturnal Servant
Nocturnal Servant
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon May 15, 2017 3:04 pm

Frost Like Ashes!

Just love how they mix multiple styles, yet retain the raw black metal speed and brutal lyrics

Also love Antestor, Crimson Moonlight, Horde, and Vials Of Wrath

Another favorite that is not listed is Hortor
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocturnal Servant Mon May 15, 2017 4:22 pm

Hardcore Christian wrote:Frost Like Ashes!

Just love how they mix multiple styles, yet retain the raw black metal speed and brutal lyrics

Also love Antestor, Crimson Moonlight, Horde, and Vials Of Wrath

Another favorite that is not listed is Hortor

Nice! I love that they rip up a Satanic Bible on stage  Metal 1 Ultra hardcore!
Nocturnal Servant
Nocturnal Servant
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Fearless For The King Fri May 26, 2017 9:27 am

I really like every band on this list except the ones I've never listened to: Vardoger, Crimson Moonlight and Shadows Of Paragon, (I'll have to check them out!). I voted Vials Of Wrath 'cause I just bought Seeking Refuge and Let There Be Light on disc so they've been in my rotation for the last couple weeks.
Fearless For The King
Fearless For The King
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Fri May 26, 2017 10:06 am

Lengsel - Solace is my favorite "unblack" album, and it's not really a contest.

The runners up are A Hill to Die Upon, Vials of Wrath, and Crimson Moonlight.

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri May 26, 2017 10:23 am

On the list, Grave Declaration but it would be A Hill To Die Upon overall though i'm not a huge BM fan.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublezone Fri May 26, 2017 10:43 am

A Hill to Die Upon
Troublezone
Troublezone
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri May 26, 2017 11:43 am

exo wrote:Lengsel - Solace is my favorite "unblack" album, and it's not really a contest.

That was my first Christian black metal album.  It's pretty spectacular.  (Dang, I haven't listened to it in a little while...  I need to remedy that right away.)

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Fri May 26, 2017 1:52 pm

I'll go Horde just by being my first (and the first) Christian black metal released.  I probably listen to others just as much or more.

There are four on the list I haven't heard.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocturnal Servant Tue May 30, 2017 9:31 pm

There's definitely a lot of great Unblack bands out there that I love as well. Some of the ones I wish I could have listed are A Hill To Die Upon, Hortor, Frosthardr, Dalit, & Elgibbor. The option limit for polls needs to be increased!  Wink  Razz
Nocturnal Servant
Nocturnal Servant
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:23 pm

Crimson Moonlight by a country mile for me, although I wasn't head over heels for Divine Darkness.  And I haven't really ever listened to Shadows of Paragon or Vials of Wrath, of the bands listed, nor the most recent Vardoger.

Grave Declaration might be a 2nd for me, with a nod to Antestor as well, and yes the first Lengsel that's been mentioned a couple of times here.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:35 pm

^Oh dude, you're missing out majorly on Vials Of Wrath and the new Vardoger!  So good!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:54 pm

I know you've mentioned them a few times.  I do love the old Vardoger ep.  I just haven't been buying much new music for the last couple of years.  I have some Vials going on youtube right now just to check them out.

(Related note -- why am I here, all of the sudden?  I should be taking advantage of a fantastic day hiking with my wife, but tweaked my ankle last night playing basketball with my son.  Dang it, dang it!!!)

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:08 pm

The Vardoger EP is a classic but IMO the full-length is a masterpiece.  It's totally different than the EP but very very good.  How are you liking Vials Of Wrath?

Oh no!  You better get healed before September!  Wink

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:13 pm

The VoW that I listened to was fine but didn't grab me.  In fairness, that's been my experience with most everything for the last couple years -- notable exception for the last Hope for the Dying.

I haven't had an "injury" in a long time, we'll see how healing is at 40!  Realistically, I think I'd be ok as soon as tomorrow.  But it was brilliant that our hike day had perfect weather and a great trip planned, but instead of a great day on a great peak with my darling bride, she just spent 2 hours on a stair climber and I got groceries.  Living the dream, ha ha!  She's decided that she wants to climb Washington this summer, and so she's working up to it.  Stair climber is NOT the same. . . but dang, 2 hours on that is a looooong time.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:48 pm

This was closer because I didn't really care for Divine Darkness. I've tried to get into it and can't find any way to love it. The old Crimson Moonlight material is fantastic.

Everything else on the list is fantastic. I'll mention that the Enshrouding Ep's were excellent. The full length had a more death metal bend but was great also. I also really like the last three Armath Sargon albums quite a bit. Excited for the new Demoniciduth as well. Got that preordered.

I've never owned any Frost Like Ashes material. That's the only band I don't have anything from this list.

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:58 pm

Hands down....A Hill to Die Upon....but they didn't make the cut for the list. Second to them, i'm going with Crimson Moonlight.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Opeth3232 Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:50 pm

Hello new member here 

I have to say for me Divine Symphony I recently purchased both cds and its really great stuff and worth every penny I spent/ I would have to say Antestor is second for me as well and the first Crimson Moonlight album
Opeth3232
Opeth3232
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:46 pm

Welcome Opeth 3232.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Opeth3232 Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:54 pm

Black Rider wrote:Welcome Opeth 3232.
Thank you my friend its great to be here!
Opeth3232
Opeth3232
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next