The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars church... the farce is strong with this one.

+8
messiaen77
sentient 6
crucifyd
MikeInFla
WildWorld
Hardcore Christian
deathisgain
d@v!d
12 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Star Wars church... the farce is strong with this one. - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars church... the farce is strong with this one.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:21 am

ThomasEversole wrote:
sentient 6 wrote:
So, there is no beliefs that you hold firmly too that you believe are essential to Christianity ?

Or is it anything goes ?

I can safely say he holds firmly to the fact that Christ is Lord and Savior. Like myself, he doesn't hold firmly to religion, doctrine and all the other jargon unrelated to salvation, and doesn't question/judge the beliefs of others.

All the things you're way too eager to start a fight with someone over.

You got that right Thomas! Metal 3

Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior! All else matters little to me ... doctrinally speaking!

I was reading a good book tonight, and I came across an awesome quote. "We have become more concerned with the religion about Jesus Christ than with the religion OF Jesus Christ!" He wasn't about spouting doctrine. He was about 'healing the sick', 'helping the poor and down-trodden' and 'showing compassion, love and forgiveness to all'. It's really a very simple doctrine that I sport. Wink But yes, it's a doctrine nonetheless. Sounds too good to be true right? It's not. It's all HIM and none ME. So I can live easily. After all, His yoke is easy and His burden is light! No need for me to fight! sunny

Back to top Go down

Star Wars church... the farce is strong with this one. - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars church... the farce is strong with this one.

Post by crucifyd Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:43 am

ThomasEversole wrote:Should any opinions also be berated bereanized and tested against scripture as well?
if the opinions include or infer "God says...", or the like, yes.

ThomasEversole wrote:There's two reasons to test someone.
1) Make them stronger
2) Because you want to find out where they're wrong
no, the purpose is to find out if what they are saying comports with scripture...

"but test everything; hold fast what is good." 1 Thessalonians 5 ESV

ThomasEversole wrote:I personally think exercising #2 "religiously" on a recreational themed Christian forum would not be a very good way to make friends...
...plus, its not really any of your business.
if it's not any of my business, why is it on a public message board?
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:02 am

crucifyd wrote:
ThomasEversole wrote:I personally think exercising #2 "religiously" on a recreational themed Christian forum would not be a very good way to make friends...
...plus, its not really any of your business.
if it's not any of my business, why is it on a public message board?

It's anyone's business to share and read any opinion encountered.
Like the scripture you shared, it's anyone's business to test for correctness.

Its NOT anyone's business to publicly admonish someone because they flunked your test.
That's an epidemic around here for some members...
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:34 am

This has gone on too far.  Where's the mods?
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:52 am

Thomas and sentient 6 drop it now or you will say goodbye to the forum for at least a month.
I have read all of the replies and it has gone to personal now between both of you.
I am not locking this thread now, but if the behavior arise again I will send you both on vacation.
First and LAST warning
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:17 am

I've obviously not made an effort to "keep up" with this thread.  But S6 has used the word liberal a couple of times.  It's not been 100% clear or specifically insinuated, but *IF* the belief/understanding is that churches who would be open to or likely to use things like Star Wars themes are "liberal," I would strongly disagree.  I believe that it is absolutely 100% possible, and even likely, to maintain what would be called conservative beliefs/theology while employing what might be called progressive methods or philosophies of ministry/evangelism/engaging with people/culture.  In fact I would suggest that the vast majority of churches -- including Liquid Church with the message video above -- would fall into this category.  That's of course not to say that there can be no disagreement with the methods, but I do not believe that methods equal liberal.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:33 am

Darth Vader wrote:Thomas and sentient 6 drop it now or you will say goodbye to the forum for at least a month.
I have read all of the replies and it has gone to personal now between both of you.
I am not locking this thread now, but if the behavior arise again I will send you both on vacation.
First and LAST warning

Understood.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:52 pm

I dont really see what the difference is between using a star wars themed message or 'gospel"  and having a heavy metal church or a goth church or a biker church  or using metal to reach people...I mean if we can the "christian" version of Judas Priest, AC/DC or Iron Maiden then why not the star wars version of church...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:14 pm

Savage Amusement wrote:I dont really see what the difference is between using a star wars themed message or 'gospel"  and having a heavy metal church or a goth church or a biker church  or using metal to reach people...I mean if we can the "christian" version of Judas Priest, AC/DC or Iron Maiden then why not the star wars version of church...

What he said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4