The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Cure

Go down

The Cure  Empty The Cure

Post by Guest Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:30 am

Any fans of this band from the UK?

The Cure  The_cure_splash

Back to top Go down

The Cure  Empty Re: The Cure

Post by Guest Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:50 pm

Yep, have liked this band since I was a youngster. My favourite album is the one fans either love or hate.

The Cure  The%2BCure%2BMixed%2BUp%2B-%2Btransluscent%2Bbrown%2B154194

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:45 pm

Some of their stuff I like...I thought this was cool...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:42 am

I'm a pretty big fan of The Cure! They are not a top favorite band, but I've been into them since I was in high school. I even saw them live back in '92. My girlfriend at the time bought me a ticket. It was a great show!!! That show actually turned me into an even bigger fan!!

My favorite albums are:

1. Wish (their masterpiece IMO. This was the tour I saw them on and they were AMAZING that night! Robert Smith literally came out for 2 encores!!! His hair was all fallen down and tangled in sweat! I've never been to a concert since with quite that energy. But this album stands on it's own! A very good Alternative Rock masterpiece!!)

2. Disintegration (this was the album that started it all for me regarding The Cure. I picked it up blindly without even knowing who this band was! I remember not liking it at first, because I was a pretty big 'metal head' back then. I thought it was lame so I set it aside. Then after a while I picked it up again and played it. I was in a different 'non metal' mood I think. Anyway - I was floored by how good it was! Became a fan from that day on! That is part of the reason I started listening to 'non metal' music. That and Depeche Mode. Anyway - this album is a Gothic Rock platter with mostly great songs! There are a few songs that aren't as good though. Sill, I like each song on this album)

3. Seventeen Seconds (Very good early Gothic Rock platter!)

4. Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me (This album really planted The Cure as Alternative Rock royalty. Some great and classic songs here! Little bit of filler, but not much!)

5. Mixed Up (Like was stated earlier by Headshrinker, fans either loved this or hated it. I always liked it myself! A few filler songs, but overall a very good remix album in between two of The Cure's best studio albums (Disintegration and Wish), really this remix album appeared during the prime of the band's long-lived career. Though I don't like it as much as the previous mentioned albums by The Cure, still - you could start with this album and really do yourself a favor with getting to know this band! Great introduction album ... )

6. Bloodflowers (this was actually quite a good comeback album for the boys. Released in the year 2000, this album told the world that The Cure was marching strongly into the new millennium!)

I still have some holes to fill in my Cure collection! Also, I did not rank their two live albums, "Paris" or "Show". Both are very good live albums that capture The Cure at their prime (on their "Wish" tour!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:32 am

I like me some Cure

Favorite songs are

Lovesong
Burn

Back to top Go down

Post by oteis Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:02 pm

I only have Disintgration. I love it. It's an incredible album.
oteis
oteis
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:01 am

oteis wrote:I only have Disintgration. I love it. It's an incredible album.

Indeed it's a very good album! I'd recommend "Wish" next. It's very good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down