The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Secular Metal Lyrics

+15
crucifyd
Zymologist
alldatndensum
Machine Fish
KaramKaram
CrimsonWarrior
Friday13th
sadvader
oldschooldoom
sentient 6
Follower of Jesus
Hardcore Christian
WildWorld
exo
ThomasEversole
19 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

What level of secular metal lyrics do you accept?

Secular Metal Lyrics - Page 4 I_vote_lcap11%Secular Metal Lyrics - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 4 ]
Secular Metal Lyrics - Page 4 I_vote_lcap3%Secular Metal Lyrics - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Secular Metal Lyrics - Page 4 I_vote_lcap6%Secular Metal Lyrics - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
Secular Metal Lyrics - Page 4 I_vote_lcap14%Secular Metal Lyrics - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 5 ]
Secular Metal Lyrics - Page 4 I_vote_lcap37%Secular Metal Lyrics - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 37% 
[ 13 ]
Secular Metal Lyrics - Page 4 I_vote_lcap14%Secular Metal Lyrics - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 5 ]
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 35

Secular Metal Lyrics - Page 4 Empty Re: Secular Metal Lyrics

Post by Guest Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:47 pm

Peter who was Vaak wrote:

That being said, if your position is "It's not a religion, it's a relationship," but you ignore the fact you embrace music which curses Him, you can do without Him as a guide on how to live, I ask sincerely, honestly: how can you say you know Him?  It sounds more like you are in love with an idea you have of Him.

How can I say I know Him? Well that's easy! I died a few years ago ... and came out of my body. I saw and talked to Jesus! I've literally looked Him in the eye (so full of passion and kindness, NOT judgmentalism) ... and I've talked to Him. The doctors had thought I was dead ... He gave me a choice whether I wanted to leave my body and go to Heaven with Him then ... or to wait until I grew old. He told me option 2 would be more beneficial because I have kids and because I have a destiny on this planet to fulfill.

I chose to stay and He completely and totally healed my body! I didn't even have to have surgery it was a complete miracle! The doctor told me he didn't believe in miracles as he had never saw one. He now believes!!

I've talked to Jesus in person. So don't be telling me I don't know him. Have you ever died and came out of your body and talked to Jesus? Are you sure you know Him? Because the Jesus I talked to ... told me he didn't care much for organized religion. And well .. you kinda remind me of someone who does. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:17 pm

Well, at least this thread started out well.  

Looks like those who see "evil" metal as fantasy and scary good fun are dedicating all posts to defend themselves because those who see "evil" metal as 100% literal are attacking those people by likening us to Pharisees and accusing us of helping Satan.

Might as well close the thread now mods. Its only going to get worse...
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:26 pm

I wouldve never have started a thread like this in the first place.  Wink
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:58 pm

RavenWolf wrote:

That being said, if your position is "It's not a religion, it's a relationship," but you ignore the fact you embrace music which curses Him, you can do without Him as a guide on how to live, I ask sincerely, honestly: how can you say you know Him?  It sounds more like you are in love with an idea you have of Him.

How can I say I know Him? Well that's easy! I died a few years ago ... and came out of my body. I saw and talked to Jesus! I've literally looked Him in the eye (so full of passion and kindness, NOT judgmentalism) ... and I've talked to Him. The doctors had thought I was dead ... He gave me a choice whether I wanted to leave my body and go to Heaven with Him then ... or to wait until I grew old. He told me option 2 would be more beneficial because I have kids and because I have a destiny on this planet to fulfill.

I chose to stay and He completely and totally healed my body! I didn't even have to have surgery it was a complete miracle! The doctor told me he didn't believe in miracles as he had never saw one. He now believes!!

I've talked to Jesus in person. So don't be telling me I don't know him. Have you ever died and came out of your body and talked to Jesus? Are you sure you know Him? Because the Jesus I talked to ... told me he didn't care much for organized religion. And well .. you kinda remind me of someone who does. Wink
That's a cool testimony. Jesus told me I'll die for him. Read it in the prayer and praise section. I'll die in Africa. And I was changed by that. Living a life with only half-heartedly going for God is not what I want at all.  I will change, not out of force, but by will. I want to do better and don't want to fill my head with anything that would denigrate my God. 

Also, why does Thomas always make sarcastic comments then order threads closed so he has the last word?  Grow up.
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:13 pm

Headshrinker wrote:"Would Jesus choose to listen to this if he was on earth because he likes the music, even though he disagrees with the lyrics?"

I don't think any of us truly knows the answer to this. Any answer we give is pure speculation which is why there are so many opinions on this board.

My opinion is maybe  Wink There is no way that I could give a dogmatic answer. All I know is that the Jesus I read about in the Bible rarely did what people thought he should do.

Yep, all we have to go on is what we know about Christ from the scriptures. We should always pull from the scriptures our ideas about Jesus, but we should never force Jesus into our ideas about what we want Him to be.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:15 pm

Looks like those who see "evil" metal as fantasy and scary good fun are dedicating all posts to defend themselves because those who see "evil" metal as 100% literal are attacking those people by likening us to Pharisees and accusing us of helping Satan.

Might as well close the thread now mods. Its only going to get worse...

Well Thomas..I will give you a very honest and truthful answer...I dont know what kind of music Jesus would or would not listen to and I really dont care Evil or Very Mad I dont care much about the lyrics or lifestyles of the artist...music is art and to be honest I enjoy the art/lyrics that most bands in power metal, nwobhm and glam metal create... If someone has a problem with them then use your free will and dont listen or support the artist..the main lyrics that really rub me the wrong way are christian lyrics that are either too preachy or condemning or judgmental or preach a theological view I think are nonsense and as a result I use my free will to not support those artist.. I listen to what I like and skip what I dont and if someone has a problem with an artist I like or a problem with me listening to that artist then thats their problem...not mine... Is that a blunt and honest enough answer Thomas?...these threads always wind up like this..

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:19 pm

RavenWolf wrote:

Hey RW, how did you know it was Jesus ? I ask this in all seriousness. I don' t mean to be smart of crass, but did he have a name tag on ? Did he look like all the pictures ? I ask in sincerity....how do you know ?

This type of thing is SO DANGEROUS. The influence you may have over people because of this story is very dangerous. And I say this out of love bro.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:22 pm

Hey RW, how did you know it was Jesus ? I ask this in all seriousness. I don' t mean to be smart of crass, but did he have a name tag on ? Did he look like all the pictures ? I ask in sincerity....how do you know ?

This type of thing is SO DANGEROUS. The influence you may have over people because of this story is very dangerous. And I say this out of love bro.

Evil or Very Mad  why do you reformed Calvinist always have to question everyone elses experiences and faith Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:26 pm

Savage Amusement wrote:these threads always wind up like this..

Right, because there is no unity in belief. And there is no unity on what informs belief. But, I only see civil back and forth and disagreement. Anytime someone asks " how do you feel about___, and why ? " you are going to get opinion.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:29 pm

you are going to get opinion
because thats all we really have on this earth...

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:31 pm

Also, why does Thomas always make sarcastic comments then order threads closed so he has the last word?  Grow up.

I wasn't being sarcastic. Grow up? Boy I really struck a nerve inquiring about you throwing Christian metal shirts away, didn't I?
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:37 pm

Savage Amusement wrote:

Evil or Very Mad why do you reformed Calvinist always have to question everyone elses experiences and faith Shocked

I'm told too. Lets say I consider changing my beliefs because of a story someone tells me ? How can I test it ? Or are you saying to just blindly go along with peoples beliefs ? I'm more worried about the influence that this type of stuff can have on people not grounded in their faith. Essentially what was told to us was we can all listen to whatever we want because someones vision of Jesus told them so. Dangerous stuff.

Last edited by sentient 6 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:38 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:Well, at least this thread started out well.  

Might as well close the thread now mods.  Its only going to get worse...
This is the sarcastic part. And who called you a Pharisee?
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:42 pm

I'm told too. Lets say I consider changing my beliefs because of a story someone tells me ? How can I test it ? Or are you saying to just blindly go along with peoples beliefs ? I'm more worried about the influence that this type of stuff can have on people not grounded in their faith. Essentially we can all listen to whatever we want because someones vision of Jesus told them so. Dangerous stuff.

I am not saying to follow peoples beliefs blindly..I am saying to mind your own business...this thread has become way to theology driven and as we all know thats against the new rules...

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:48 pm

Wow no mod in sight................................................ quick!!!!

Spoiler:

Now only time will tell when this will get locked Razz
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:55 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:Well, at least this thread started out well.  

Might as well close the thread now mods.  Its only going to get worse...
This is the sarcastic part. And who called you a Pharisee?

Right. That wasn't sarcasm.
Likened to a Pharisee... not called one.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:57 pm

Savage Amusement wrote:

I am not saying to follow peoples beliefs blindly..I am saying to mind your own business...this thread has become way to theology driven and as we all know thats against the new rules...

Yeah...but it takes two to tango.

....i'm just gonna go start some thread about metal guitar solos instead.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:03 pm

sentient 6 wrote:
I'm told too.

Irony says we all sit around and question who REALLY told you to. Then you'd be chomping on your own medicine.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:07 pm

Now only time will tell when this will get locked Secular Metal Lyrics - Page 4 Icon_razz

kerrick, exo ... anybody out there? Rolf 2

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:28 am

ThomasEversole wrote:
sentient 6 wrote:
I'm told too.

Irony says we all sit around and question who REALLY told you to. Then you'd be chomping on your own medicine.

I have no problem answering questions like that. It would all go back to what I said about what people claim about hearing from God. for me, its the Holy Spirit teaching me through scripture. See, I believe that Gods very will is revealed in what we currently have in written form in the scriptures. Many do not, or many want personal experience or desires to conform to the Word of God. I do not. Clash of world views there and clash of authority over ones life.

do not despise prophetic utterances. 21But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good; 22abstain from every form of evil.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:37 am

ThomasEversole wrote:
sentient 6 wrote:
I'm told too.

The last thing I will say on the matter is this....all disagreements boil down to how we all view the Word of God and how much role will be in every aspect of a Christians life. EVERY aspect. We disagree on that role and importance. Also I do not believe that there is any part of my life as a Christian that is off limits to the Holy Spirit as I seek holiness in a evil, confusing world.

.....I promise I will not put one more post in this thread if they should decide to lock it or just ban me outright.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:08 am

sentient 6 wrote:
RavenWolf wrote:

Since you asked in sincerity, I will address your question with sincerity and honesty. This truly happened to me - as God is my witness.

A few years ago - I was rushed to the hospital. I had a very dangerous episode. My colon had been damaged by diverticulitus and had spread to my guts. My gut had actually exploded and I had to have emergency surgery for several things.

One of them was my colon. One was my gut. I had waited dangerously long to go to a hospital because I'm stubborn that way. I thought I was just very sick with ... I didn't know what.

By the time I had gotten to the hospital the doctor thought it was too late, but they could not do surgery on me because it was too dangerous at that point. I was going in and out of consciousness. I don't remember exactly at what time it was during my stay. But I remember calling on the name of JESUS!!! My savior!! I remember being pulled out of my body into some sort of tunnel. With light at the end. I thought I was going to Heaven, but it was not Heaven. When I reached the end. I saw Jesus. He was waiting for me. He did not look like all the pictures. He was FAR more brilliant and he was glowing!!! He grabbed my hand. I immediately kneeled down and said "Depart from me, I am a sinner! I have done evil!" He looked at me with the utmost of kindness and compassion. His eyes were piercing and they penetrated to my soul! He told me. "You are made righteous. Your sins are forgiven". 

He proceeded to answer many of my questions over the next few hours.

I emailed this to a friend who asked about my experience, so I will repost this here:

I was not in Heaven, but I had died temporarily. I called on Jesus' name and He came to me. He took me up into space and grabbed my hand. We flew way out in space. I'm honestly not sure how far. It wasn't dark, because Jesus was 'glowing'. He was in white clothing and had a beautiful/handsome face. His eyes were remarkable. I'm not sure how long we were up in space for ... seemed like hours. The doctors had stabilized me on life support at this point, although I had died earlier, so I was kinda like in a 'coma' state in their perception. But I was not in my body. He answered most of my questions. Though some he did not. But he was kind and extremely gentle and loving towards me. I told Him I was a sinner, and he touched my face and told me ... "No you are not, you are made righteous. Your sins are forgiven you". I asked him detailed questions. I might write a book about it one day. It was truly amazing. But I never went to Heaven. He told me I could if I wanted to, but that it would be better if I did not yet. He then healed my body supernaturally dude. 110%!!! And I was in a bad way.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you can believe this happened to me or not. I really don't care who believes me! I know for a FACT that this happened to me! Nothing was against Scripture. Though He did inform me that He was not happy with what had turned into 'organized religion'. He told me there was not a doctrine on earth without flaw. And to live my life for Him, not in a religious way ... like I 'had' done. But in a true way. He told me to go to the 'highways and byways' ... and to invite them in! Because He is returning! He would not tell me when. Like I said, He did not answer all my questions. But He did answer most. Smile I am not going to go on and on here and explain anymore. I have nothing to prove to anyone. Smile So believe me or not. I don't care. But I swear upon the Bible and upon my own Grandma's grave that what happened to me is true!!!

Also, I was healed miraculously!!! Though I know that most Calvinists don't believe in miracles - I guess you guys all suppose that miracles died out with the last apostle. Well, I'm here to tell you that's not true! Wink I wouldn't be alive now and typing this if miracles were not in our time too!

But believe what you will. Go ahead and call my visitation with Jesus an encounter with a demon - just like the Pharisees of old called Jesus a teacher of Satan! Yet we all know the truth now ... it was the Pharisees, who were the truly wicked ones. Doubting Jesus and calling his miracles works of the devil!!! Well Jesus is who I saw! Jesus is who healed me!!! And Jesus is who I live for each and every day!!! And when I do crank Slayer or Manowar!!! I always crank them knowing He is near me! He is not knocked off His throne when I listen to secular music!!! I pray for the bands I listen to. I have compassion on them. I don't judge them. Just because they think the devil is a comic book character to sing about! These are real people. Hurting people who need Jesus too! Pray for them and stop judging them and all those who listen to them!!!

Wake up and smell the stench of your religious spirit!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon Hill Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:13 am

Great story RavenWolf.  I believe it 100%.  That is very consistent with other people's encounters with Jesus that I have read.  To be fair, I don't think it is good to call people who desire holiness to honour Jesus in what they choose to listen to, having the stench of a religious spirit.  I'm not sure if you are saying this to everybody who has disagreed with listening to anti-Christian music in this thread or not.  While I disagree that God wants us to listen to anti-Christian music simply for the sake of the entertainment of it, I don't believe that means I would have a religious spirit.  I am definitely aware of what a religious spirit is.

I completely agree that Jesus is not "knocked off his throne" if we listen to anti-Christian music.  He is God, and He is a compassionate, loving father who, even when we sin, is right there with us, loving us and forgiving us.  My belief is that even though Jesus is like this, that doesn't mean He wants us to do stuff that is not honouring to Him.  Please understand that I do not judge bands like Manowar either.  I love them and pray for them too.  I don't judge anybody for listening to them either.  I simply have a different belief about whether we should listen to anti-Christian stuff for entertainment.  I still love, and respect them as fellow believers.  I think this is what the essence of Jesus' comments to you about organized religion is all about - while there are people that do things that one person disagrees with, we are still called to live in unity and love with them with no judgment.  I think God desires way more for us to focus on unity and love in the body of Christ way more than trying to "correct" every Christian to make them believe in everything we do.  It's definitely ok, and encouraged to talk about it and sharpen each other (Prov 27:17), but to judge others because of it is definitely not God's desire.

I agree that Jesus is a lot more loving and compassionate than what many people believe he is.  What you described about Jesus is exactly how I think He is.  When he said he doesn't like what organized religion has become, I would completely agree.  It doesn't mean he doesn't like us going to church at in an "organized" denomination, but that the "division" aspect of organized religion or the "we are completely right and you are wrong" type of thinking is what he doesn't like.  Jesus wants us all to be in unity regardless of our theological differences.  That is my take anyway.  I completely agree that there isn't a single person on earth who has all correct theology or doctrine.  We all have wrong concepts about it and I think we will be surprised about the beliefs we held so strongly to in heaven when they are revealed they are wrong.
Devon Hill
Devon Hill
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:06 pm

Honestly, I can't really stick myself into any category.  I generally avoid lyrics that are over the top in any way (too obscene, too much profanity, too blasphemous, too preachy,  etc.)  I like thought-provoking lyrics and I like some anthemic lyrics as well.  I believe in a God that is not confined to the sacred and can use even those diametrically opposed to the Kingdom for Kingdom purposes.  99% of the time, I'm using music as wallpaper for other activities, so I'm not seeking spiritual edification from the music I listen to, I'm just looking for something to occupy the part of my brain that wants to go wandering while I perform other tasks.  I will also say that because I am a parent of young children who love music, I am very cautious about what I listen to around them.  I discovered that I needed to do this one day when I was listening to Halestorm's "I Miss the Misery" one day when they were in ear shot.  A couple of days later, I heard the oldest one singing the opening riff and was just praying that was all he had been paying attention to.  There are some things that I am fine with listening to as an adult that I am not fine with them listening to as children.  I am fine with them singing guitar riffs, but I'd rather not hear them singing "I miss the rough sex...."  pale
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:26 pm

RavenWolf wrote:
Wake up and smell the stench of your religious spirit!!!

That's the difference between Christianity and Churchianity.
For a Christian, what's most important is Christ in your heart, being a Christlike example to others - whoever they are, and keeping your eyes on God.
For a Churchian, what's most important is what's written in paper (whether doctrine or whatever scriptures can be loosely applied to any situation), "correcting" people who are "wrong" (aka even though I'm not gay and its none of my business, lets go tell them how wrong they are for being gay anyway) and maintaining the "life" of man-made elements to faith. Oh yeah, and Christ in your heart.

An obvious difference, clearly seen anywhere.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next