The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars general chat (possible spoilers)

+12
Blake
messiaen77
ChosenNightwolf
MikeInFla
oldschooldoom
exo
eatbugs
Peter who was Vaak
alldatndensum
Hardcore Christian
KaramKaram
d@v!d
16 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Star Wars general chat (possible spoilers) - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars general chat (possible spoilers)

Post by exo Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:39 pm

Aaron C wrote:theres nothing written or said that the Knights of Ren use the Force, Snoke would be the Dark Side Master, Luke the Jedi Master. just because he is hiding or in solitude (like Yoda and Obi Wan were) he is still alive and still a Jedi. Also gotta remember he was seeking out to rebuild an entire order and failed with Ben Solo. So while he might blame himself , he is probably also seeking out more lore on the jedi so that he would'nt fail again. But hiding or not he is Still a being who uses the force. Kylo and Rey being the obvious apprentices. So with Rey training as a Jedi (as im sure we will see in EP8) the Force will once again be balanced. However... This movie was about the Force awakening not balancing people seem to be focusing on the balance and not the awakening.

Yes, and the whole "awakening" thing is sorta my basis for conjecture that she may not be of the direct familial lineage as the Skywalker/Solo clan or Kenobi, which is another popular fan theory.  Is there a "better" way for the Force to "awaken" than for it to spawn another agent of balance?  It IS blatantly obvious that the dark side holds the majority of the power at this point.....just as there was an overwhelming advantage for the light side when Anakin was made.

Although, from a technical standpoint, with Anakin being Force-spawned, IF this were to also to be the case with Rey, they would technically share a progenitor and this still be of the same lineage......from a certain point of view......

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Star Wars general chat (possible spoilers) - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars general chat (possible spoilers)

Post by KaramKaram Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:28 pm

To me Rey is granddaughter of Luke and Ren killed her parents
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:57 pm

Darth Vader wrote:To me Rey is granddaughter of Luke and Ren killed her parents 

Chronological impossibility, given the canonical timeline.  Not enough time between ROTJ and TFA for this to be the case.  Rey is 20, Luke is only in his early 50's.  The math there pretty much dictates any kids Luke had would have to have been born before he ever got involved with the Rebellion.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:59 pm

messiaen77 wrote:I'm gonna drop this here, leave a warning about strong language, and let it stand on its own.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/matty-granger/at-long-lastmy-star-wars-episode-vii-review-the-force-awakens-the-rise-of-idiot-/10153163095086277

Apologies to those without Facebook, I can't find another link.
Missed your post earlier, but read the article thanks to Facebook.

It's VERY spot on.  As I told another friend, IF one is going to level a criticism at TFA, it's that it is SO nuanced and subtle that the fine details go right over the head of the opiated masses....

exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:18 am

I don't remember where, but I read a theory that Rey is actually the reincarnated Anakin.  It was out there, but it was written well enough to make sense at the time.  I am not ready to buy that, however.

There is also a theory using a picture of Snoke now and Vader right before he died saying that Snoke is a reincarnated Vader.  That theory seems plausible.  The Emperor supposedly had power over death by learning the secret and killing his master.  What if Vader also had?  What if he really didn't convert back to the good side of the Force?  That could be why his "force ghost" in the updated ROTJ was his younger self.  It could have been a hint that Vader is coming back because he really was playing on Luke's naivety and feelings.  The theory also said that they believed that Vader would indeed come back so that he could finish what he started--turning Luke to the Dark Side.

That would make an awesome storyline.  You could also have Kylo Ren be jealous that Snoke/Vader wanted Luke.  You could have a family in turmoil if Luke had to strike Ren down in battle.  Rey could be the one to destroy Vader once and for all and turn her possible father back as well or even destroy Luke to bring the Force back into balance.

There are SO many possibilities.  I am hoping that Disney drops a couple of easter eggs into "Rogue One" when it releases in December.  I also hope that they manage to bring Vader and the Emperor back into that as this film takes place between the prequels and the original series.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:37 am

Not possible either as it seems that at the end of episode VI Anakin went back to the light and appeared in form of hologram with Yoda and Obi Wan
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:30 pm

How the ending scene could have gone, LOL Star Wars general chat (possible spoilers) - Page 4 K929BcC
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:42 pm

^

lol!

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by NordicMoon91 Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:42 pm

alldatndensum wrote:There is also a theory using a picture of Snoke now and Vader right before he died saying that Snoke is a reincarnated Vader.  That theory seems plausible.  The Emperor supposedly had power over death by learning the secret and killing his master.  What if Vader also had?  What if he really didn't convert back to the good side of the Force?  That could be why his "force ghost" in the updated ROTJ was his younger self.  It could have been a hint that Vader is coming back because he really was playing on Luke's naivety and feelings.  The theory also said that they believed that Vader would indeed come back so that he could finish what he started--turning Luke to the Dark Side.

That would make an awesome storyline.  You could also have Kylo Ren be jealous that Snoke/Vader wanted Luke.  You could have a family in turmoil if Luke had to strike Ren down in battle.  Rey could be the one to destroy Vader once and for all and turn her possible father back as well or even destroy Luke to bring the Force back into balance.

There are SO many possibilities.  I am hoping that Disney drops a couple of easter eggs into "Rogue One" when it releases in December.  I also hope that they manage to bring Vader and the Emperor back into that as this film takes place between the prequels and the original series.

affraid
NordicMoon91
NordicMoon91
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

http://www.exaltthethrone.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:28 am

Saw it a second time today, plan on at least one more time Surprised
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:03 am

I probably won't go back to the theater to see it again, but I am sure that I will watch it several times on Blu-Ray.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:19 am

alldatndensum wrote:I probably won't go back to the theater to see it again, but I am sure that I will watch it several times on Blu-Ray.

Pre-order it now for only $19.99
http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Force-Awakens-Blu-ray/dp/B018FK66TU

Or at Target for the same price plus get a $5.00 gift card
http://www.target.com/p/star-wars-the-force-awakens-blu-ray-dvd-digital-hd/-/A-50534650

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:10 am

I read the reincarnation theory last week. Interesting but I do think its a bit far fetched. I think that would make for an interesting story, but I cant recall ever hearing of anyone being reincarnated in any of the other movies. I think adding reincarnation would just cheapen the movies and make it feel like a desperate story.
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:43 am

Adam wrote:
!!!TFA SPOILER ALERT!!!
Highlight the rest of this post to read the hidden text

Why is Harrison Ford shown as being in Episode VIII on IMDB? Is it for a story in the present time or for backstory?

From what I understand he has already shot his scenes... Unknown why, but I heard this before I saw TFA (that scenes were already shot for the next film).
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:44 am

Ok everyone, check this out (if you haven't seen the movie then DON'T watch it)....

A New Episode of UNDERCOVER BOSS!

MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:40 am

There is also a theory using a picture of Snoke now and Vader right before he died saying that Snoke is a reincarnated Vader.  That theory seems plausible.  The Emperor supposedly had power over death by learning the secret and killing his master.  What if Vader also had?  What if he really didn't convert back to the good side of the Force?  That could be why his "force ghost" in the updated ROTJ was his younger self.  It could have been a hint that Vader is coming back because he really was playing on Luke's naivety and feelings.  The theory also said that they believed that Vader would indeed come back so that he could finish what he started--turning Luke to the Dark Side.

I seriously doubt Snoak is a reincarnated vader, The whole original trilogy was about the Redemption of Anakin Skywalker. In the novelization of Return of the Jedi when Anakin died his body vanished like Yoda and Obi Wan and the body that Luke burned was just the machine part of Anakin (Vader) the reason why his younger self is shown as a Force ghost was IMO to put a recognizable face for Anakin since Christensen played Anakin for EP 2 and 3, the whole premise for the Anakin Force ghost was to show the viewers that he was redeemed. To me this theory is like trying to convince me that Brussel Sprout tastes like a pizza.

My Theory on Snoak is that maybe he was Plageuis' Master (or Snoak is Plageuis despite the actor who plays him denying it) supposidly he has been around a long time. THe plausable theory for me is he was Palpatine's Master. now here's an interesting tid bit.. Nowhere in Revenge of the Sith does Palpatine say that he was trained by Darth Plageuis, you get the impression by the story Palpatine tells Anakin. But they never come right out and say it.   Maybe they might take this loop hole and run with it, I think its a bit of a stretch but thats just my theory

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:03 am

Aaron C wrote:

I seriously doubt Snoak is a reincarnated vader, The whole original trilogy was about the Redemption of Anakin Skywalker. In the novelization of Return of the Jedi when Anakin died his body vanished like Yoda and Obi Wan and the body that Luke burned was just the machine part of Anakin (Vader) the reason why his younger self is shown as a Force ghost was IMO to put a recognizable face for Anakin since Christensen played Anakin for EP 2 and 3, the whole premise for the Anakin Force ghost was to show the viewers that he was redeemed. To me this theory is like trying to convince me that Brussel Sprout tastes like a pizza.

My Theory on Snoak is that maybe he was Plageuis' Master (or Snoak is Plageuis despite the actor who plays him denying it) supposidly he has been around a long time. THe plausable theory for me is he was Palpatine's Master. now here's an interesting tid bit.. Nowhere in Revenge of the Sith does Palpatine say that he was trained by Darth Plageuis, you get the impression by the story Palpatine tells Anakin. But they never come right out and say it.   Maybe they might take this loop hole and run with it, I think its a bit of a stretch but thats just my theory

I agree, I don't think the vader thing is true, I just thought it was an interesting theory
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:10 am

I found the theory mind-numbing myself, but it is the Internet after all :p

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:43 pm

MikeInFla wrote:Ok everyone, check this out (if you haven't seen the movie then DON'T watch it)....

A New Episode of UNDERCOVER BOSS!

That was freagging hilarious
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:09 pm

I just read today that Mark Hamill and James Earl Jones never worked together as Jones' lines were recorded later on.

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:11 pm

Yes, James Earl Jones only does the voice, the guy in DV suit is a totally different guy
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:43 am

Darth Vader wrote:Yes, James Earl Jones only does the voice, the guy in DV suit is a totally different guy

Yes, we've all know that for decades. I just didn't know that Jones' lines were recorded that much later on after filming was complete.

Back to top Go down

Post by Through The Dark Radio Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:18 am

I thought BB8 was just muddling through the entire film.  Everything seemed forced Very Happy

I thought the best scene in the film was when Rey has just escaped and Ren finds out and goes on his usual rampage.  Two stormtroopers start walking by when one of them heard Ren tripping out and he stops the other stormtrooper.  Then they head back from where they came Very Happy
Through The Dark Radio
Through The Dark Radio
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:24 am

Through The Dark Radio wrote:I thought BB8 was just muddling through the entire film.  Everything seemed forced Very Happy

I thought the best scene in the film was when Rey has just escaped and Ren finds out and goes on his usual rampage.  Two stormtroopers start walking by when one of them heard Ren tripping out and he stops the other stormtrooper.  Then they head back from where they came Very Happy
Yes, great scene!

Well, I read a TMZ report that BB8 was often drunk on set, which may explain some of the slurred lines.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next