The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars general chat (possible spoilers)

+12
Blake
messiaen77
ChosenNightwolf
MikeInFla
oldschooldoom
exo
eatbugs
Peter who was Vaak
alldatndensum
Hardcore Christian
KaramKaram
d@v!d
16 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Star Wars general chat (possible spoilers) Empty Star Wars general chat (possible spoilers)

Post by Guest Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:57 pm

I noticed that in TFA, Kenny Baker was listed simply as R2-D2 consultant. I just checked the IMDB page for VIII and he's not listed at all. Someone named Jimmy Vee has replaced him.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2527336

It must be an age issue as Kenny is now 81 years of age! Wow, I had no idea.

Back to top Go down

Star Wars general chat (possible spoilers) Empty Re: Star Wars general chat (possible spoilers)

Post by d@v!d Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:59 pm

Although if you have seen the film you know he could have easily played it.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Star Wars general chat (possible spoilers) Empty Re: Star Wars general chat (possible spoilers)

Post by KaramKaram Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:08 pm

Yes, you are right David as he is for the most part shut down
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:58 pm

The best Easter egg in the movie was Starkiller base

If you dont get it
its because Lucas's original name for Luke Skywalker was Luke Starkiller
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:35 pm

Darth Vader wrote:Yes, you are right David as he is for the most part shut down

I'm very confused who you are. I don't remember seeing a Darth Vader around the forums before this week.

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:53 pm

Adam wrote:

I'm very confused who you are. I don't remember seeing a Darth Vader around the forums before this week.
Search your feelings, he's your father...
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:24 pm

Adam wrote:

I was KaramKaram before being seduced by the Dark Side
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:10 am

Darth Vader wrote:
Adam wrote:

I was KaramKaram before being seduced by the Dark Side
lol!
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:29 pm

I wish that they would have explained C3PO's red arm.  As t was, it just appeared to be a marketing tool for toys just like George Lucas would have done.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:51 am

There's a comic book that goes in detail as why he has the red arm

Star Wars general chat (possible spoilers) 20E091EF-E591-4B34-892F-853BAC2B67FD_zpsc0unrcsf

http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-special-c-3po-1

KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:20 am

*SPOILERS!*
That movie was good, but I had a few thoughts:
1. I think Star Wars is breaking a lot of ground here.  With the first trilogy, then the second, we see each one has one black character, Mace Windu and Lando Kalrizian respectively, but now with Finn, we see the possibility that there will be more black people.  My first reaction was "He must be related to Lando!"  But no!  Leia, who I would suspect of being his mother, wouldn't be so irresponsible she let go one of her children.  Then it ends up she let go of Kylo and screwed that up.  So, no, it can't be Lando's.  And it can't be Mace's cause he was way old.  So, inevitably, there will be more.
2. The new cantina song sucked.
3. Poe was pretty cool.
4. Rey's mom or dad?  No idea.  Her granddad?  Obi Wan Kenobi.
5. That was legit when those monsters were released.
6. Stormtroopers went to the shooting range since the last trilogy.
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:08 am

My thoughts in no particular order:
Agreed on the stormtroopers! lol!

I don't think we'll really know how good VII is until after IX when we can see the entire story arc of the trilogy. 

I'm glad there were no plot cliffhangers but I like that there are unresolved character "cliffhangers."  Who is Rey?  Someone strong enough in the force to pick up a lightsaber and immediately beat a guy who has at least some training in it doesn't come out of nowhere.  Who is Finn?  Does he have to be related to anybody?  No, he doesn't.  Snoke will need more explaining though: after Return of the Jedi the Sith are all dead, so who is this guy?  C3PO's red arm doesn't bug me.  To me it's part of the aging process just like Han and Leia.

It was maybe too similar to IV and maybe that held it back a little.  Maybe.  Like I said, we'll see with the test of time and how it fits with the continuing story.

When is the dark side going to give up on superweapons?  "Oh, it's got to work this time..."  Rolling Eyes

Harrison Ford lost no ground stepping back into his Han role.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:35 am

They don't have to explain much with Snoke.  The prequel series states that there are always two Sith.  So, when you think that you have killed them, then you get two more.

I think that you will see that Snoke is either a reincarnated Darth Plagerious or Darth Sidious.  Both supplied had the power over death.  If it were Darth Sidious (aka Emperor Palpatine),that would explain a bit more with Ben Solo turning to the Dark Side.  Sidious would want revenge on the Skywalker family for the death of Vader and destruction of the Empire.  It would also easily explain why the First Order exists in the first place.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:42 am

Darth Vader wrote:There's a comic book that goes in detail as why he has the red arm

Star Wars general chat (possible spoilers) 20E091EF-E591-4B34-892F-853BAC2B67FD_zpsc0unrcsf

http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-special-c-3po-1

To me, this is their cop out because they didn't make room for this in the movie.  Or, they just want to sell us comic books that most of the movie fans don't care about.  It is nothing more than merchandising it the expense of great storytelling.  Lucas was notorious for this and it showed during the prequels.  He was more focused on toys and video games that he couldn't direct his own movies.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:44 pm

Who says Snoke/Ren are Sith?  There's more Dark Side users than JUST Sith out there.......just tossing that out there.  Frankly, I'll be a touch disappointed Snoke is "merely" a Sith Lord.......even the now defunct EU didn't JUST rely on "Sith" to be their "big bad"......

I also have a little bit of difficulty with people making such a big deal with 3PO's arm:  he's a 30+ year old droid known for his fragility (it's essentially been a running gag they the serious; there's been a couple major set pieces involving it....it COULD very simply be a recently completed field repair and nothing more.....it doesn't necessarily REQUIRE explanation or any sort of major back story.

I absolutely LOVE that Kylo Ren is a deep enough character that folks who aren't paying attention dismiss him as a shallow poorly detailed emo brat.  He's NOT.  Everyone expects him to be some ridiculously badass Vader analogue........but people seem to forget that before there was a Vader, there was Anakin.  Heck, Luke was a whining, mopey brat before he was a serene Jedi......and Ren is from that exact same Skywalker genetic line.  He's got every last bit of Anakin'semotionally unstable petulance, he's got the impulse control/anger issues, he's mopey.....he's even got the same curly mop of hair that Anakin did!  He's got all the same character flaws of every other male Skywalker we've seen, and they're compounded with Solo genetics that feature a lot of the same turmoil! There's a LOT of character detail if you actually look at it.

And as for his badassery, and the criticisms......he held blaster bolts dead still in mid air, something I can't recall seeing before.....HE TOOK A BOWCASTER SHOT TO THE CHEST AND SURVIVED.  Not just that, but he basically got up and engaged in a 2 on 1 fight with fresh opponents, one of whom is combat trained, the other of which MAY just be the strongest raw Force user we've ever seen.....he's PLENTY badass....if you're looking.

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:05 pm

Rey Is Not A Solo Or A Skywalker And Here Is Why
http://moviepilot.com/posts/3694145
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:54 pm

Exactly.  Everyone is assuming a ton about Rey, not the least of which is that she is Skywalker bloodline.......there's too much being read into the films that is filtered thru the lenses of "what we 'know' from the EU".  At least IMO.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:01 pm

So, since I don't buy comics anymore what's the cliff notes version on Three-Pee-O's arm?
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:20 pm

I don't believe the comic has actually hit the stands yet.  I think the street date on that is 2/24.

exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:25 pm

Ever try these? I remember they tasted like crap!

MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ChosenNightwolf Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:30 pm

Ren actually took the bowcaster shot in the left side of his gut, not the chest, exo.
ChosenNightwolf
ChosenNightwolf
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.aflameinthedark.net

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:50 pm

ChosenNightwolf wrote:Ren actually took the bowcaster shot in the left side of his gut, not the chest, exo.
Not that that does anything to my point....I mean it's a BOWCASTER shot no matter where he gets tagged, and we just watched Stormtroopers get blown across the screen by the exact same weapon........but, hey.....you are correct.  i was generalizing a bit.....

exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:23 am

There a couple of funny twitter accounts open at the moment for Luke Skywalker and Kylo Ren. Kylo is an emo kid.

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:31 am

Star Wars general chat (possible spoilers) IAmuye4
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:22 pm

oldschooldoom wrote:Star Wars general chat (possible spoilers) IAmuye4
I noticed him and supposedly his trooper name is JB-007 Very Happy
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next