The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars general chat (possible spoilers)

+12
Blake
messiaen77
ChosenNightwolf
MikeInFla
oldschooldoom
exo
eatbugs
Peter who was Vaak
alldatndensum
Hardcore Christian
KaramKaram
d@v!d
16 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Star Wars general chat (possible spoilers) - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars general chat (possible spoilers)

Post by eatbugs Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:21 pm

Yeah, Kylo is a great character.  A poorly written script would have made him an emo-kid, but he's not.  He's awesome, but he's still very rough around the edges.  I have high expectations for his character for VIII and IX.

JB-007?  Awesome.  I knew it was him, but I don't recall him being called that on screen.  That would have been classic!

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Star Wars general chat (possible spoilers) - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars general chat (possible spoilers)

Post by alldatndensum Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:43 am

I also have a little bit of difficulty with people making such a big deal with 3PO's arm:  he's a 30+ year old droid known for his fragility (it's essentially been a running gag they the serious; there's been a couple major set pieces involving it....it COULD very simply be a recently completed field repair and nothing more.....it doesn't necessarily REQUIRE explanation or any sort of major back story.

It does when it just plain looks out of place.

Who says Snoke/Ren are Sith?  There's more Dark Side users than JUST Sith out there.......just tossing that out there.  Frankly, I'll be a touch disappointed Snoke is "merely" a Sith Lord.......even the now defunct EU didn't JUST rely on "Sith" to be their "big bad"......

Except for a few easter eggs in the new movie, the EU is pretty much gone.  If they stick with the films and cartoons being canon, then the prequels state that there are always two Sith.  Always.  Besides, even the casual fan of Star Wars knows this and will expect that.  I feel that Disney will give them that.  If you go by the canon (films), then Snoke and Kylo Ren are most likely Sith.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:20 am

What happened to Captain Phasma?  She was caught by Han and Chewie, and they joked about a garbage compactor, but I'm assuming she wasn't dumped and somehow she escaped the big kaboom.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:59 pm

Again, something that will have to be explained in the next installment.

In the meantime, we can get excited over 2016's Rogue Squadron movie that takes place between the prequels and the original trilogy!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:13 pm

messiaen77 wrote:What happened to Captain Phasma?  She was caught by Han and Chewie, and they joked about a garbage compactor, but I'm assuming she wasn't dumped and somehow she escaped the big kaboom.

I read somewhere that the actress was contracted for Episode VIII - so yes, she must have survived.

P.S. I think it's called "the big kablooie." Razz

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:43 am

I loved it, but I refuse to Analise it I really want to enjoy EP 8 and 9 like I did 7 , it felt like visiting old friends and It made me feel like a kid again.

I will say that I hope Rey isnt linked to any of the main characters, but my theory on Rey is this. I think she is related to Kenobi maybe not directly but like an uncle or something. For Kenobi to be her grandfather would mean he broke the Jedi Code.  We dont know if Obi Wan had siblings, its possible.  -shrugs- We'll find out in due time.

I do love how EP 7 played out. My wife described it as a Love Letter to EP 4 which I agree.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:54 am

I had thought that Kylo and Rey were Disney's reimagining of the extended universe characters of Jaina and Jacen Solo. Rey being Jaina and Kylo being Jacen. I know Disney apparently scrapped all of this, but they may have borrowed from some of it. The extended universe (you can look all this up on wookiepedia) says that Han and Leia had 3 children: Jaina, Jacen and Anakin (Leia named him after her father to redeem his name). Jacen turns to the dark side, and all of the Solo children are apparently often targets of kidnapping plots due to their fame and political ties.

So it sounds reasonable that Rey (Jaina?) was placed on Jakku to be "hidden" and protected, at a young age, under the care of either extended family or close friends whom she thought were her parents. I originally took the hug Leia gives Rey as a sign that Leia realized this is her long lost daughter, although Rey has yet to realize this.

But then again another theory is that Obi-Wan had a child during his exile and Rey is the child of that child (Obi-Wans Granddaughter). I have also heard it said that in the basement when she finds the saber it is Obi-Wans voice calling out to her.
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:30 am

And for Kylo's "emo" disposition and all I think part people's dislike for his character can be chalked down to Kylo not being fully trained yet. I think that in the next episode or two we will see him become more mature and evolve in his villainhood as he completes his training.

After seeing the movie I went home and downloaded Star Wars: The Old Republic, going to try playing that for a bit and see how I like it.
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:18 am

Metal Blessing Radio wrote:I had thought that Kylo and Rey were Disney's reimagining of the extended universe characters of Jaina and Jacen Solo. Rey being Jaina and Kylo being Jacen. I know Disney apparently scrapped all of this, but they may have borrowed from some of it. The extended universe (you can look all this up on wookiepedia) says that Han and Leia had 3 children: Jaina, Jacen and Anakin (Leia named him after her father to redeem his name). Jacen turns to the dark side, and all of the Solo children are apparently often targets of kidnapping plots due to their fame and political ties.

So it sounds reasonable that Rey (Jaina?) was placed on Jakku to be "hidden" and protected, at a young age, under the care of either extended family or close friends whom she thought were her parents. I originally took the hug Leia gives Rey as a sign that Leia realized this is her long lost daughter, although Rey has yet to realize this.

But then again another theory is that Obi-Wan had a child during his exile and Rey is the child of that child (Obi-Wans Granddaughter). I have also heard it said that in the basement when she finds the saber it is Obi-Wans voice calling out to her.
I have read about 90-99% of the EU novels that had Han, Leia, Luke, Jacen, Jaina, etc..... Some are very good reads. The New Jedi Order was a good story arc though not thrilled that they killed off Anakin Solo and Chewbacca. Anakin in the EU novels was to be Luke's heir so to speak, he had a stronger connection to the force and was Luke's apprentice in the novels.  Anyways, I am the biggest SW fan I know

I also read that official sources confirmed or maybe it was interviews or something but Kylo Ren is supposidly about 30 years old, where as Rey (according to the actress who played her) was about 20 years old. So for them to be twins to me is out the window, to have Rey connected to a major character seems dumb to me.  I mean why cant there be fresh characters with no association to the characters of the past. Why does every new face in the SW universe have to be related to the Characters of the past?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:19 am

Metal Blessing Radio wrote:And  for Kylo's "emo" disposition and all I think part people's dislike for his character can be chalked down to Kylo not being fully trained yet. I think that in the next episode or two we will see him become more mature and evolve in his villainhood as he completes his training.

After seeing the movie I went home and downloaded Star Wars: The Old Republic, going to try playing that for a bit and see how I like it.
What server are you playing on ? I play TOR and on the Ebon Hawk server though i dont roleplay

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:07 am

Kids and I were talking over lunch today and my oldest daughter started wondering what trailers would play at the Super Bowl.

I theorized that there might be a 15 second teaser for Rogue One.

Now, before anybody jumps all over me saying that it's too soon, please remember that The Matrix came out in December and their first teaser was during the Super Bowl.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:49 am

Aaron C wrote:
Metal Blessing Radio wrote:And  for Kylo's "emo" disposition and all I think part people's dislike for his character can be chalked down to Kylo not being fully trained yet. I think that in the next episode or two we will see him become more mature and evolve in his villainhood as he completes his training.

What server are you playing on ? I play TOR and on the Ebon Hawk server though i dont roleplay

I think my server was "Prophecy of the Five" or something. I'd have to doublecheck. its a PVP server and I decided to do something different from all the star wars games I played in the past. I am trying out a Cyborg Sith Inquisitor. I've always played light side on the KOTOR games, so thought this would be interesting.
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:34 pm

Interesting, I have 3 level 65 characters, a Jedi Knight, Sith Sorcerer and a Sith Warrior all done all 9 chapters of the Fallen Empire. I got a level 38 bounty hunter im working on too ive been playing for a few years back before the free to play option was available.

As for Rouge One , its not too soon its due out in December. Its January definitely wouldnt be surprised if they did a teaser during the Super Bowl.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:40 pm

Adam wrote:Kids and I were talking over lunch today and my oldest daughter started wondering what trailers would play at the Super Bowl.

I theorized that there might be a 15 second teaser for Rogue One.

Now, before anybody jumps all over me saying that it's too soon, please remember that The Matrix came out in December and their first teaser was during the Super Bowl.
Now that youve got me thinking about that I cant wait till the Superbowl even more! Very Happy

On the note of Rey being Obi Wan's offspring lets not forget, in The Clone Wars tv show he had previous affairs with Duchess Satine. And if it wasnt obvious they still had those feeling for each other in those episodes she was in. Im not saying she's the mother but it proves Obi Wan isnt opposed to breaking the Jedi code
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:05 pm

Hardcore Christian wrote:Obi Wan isnt opposed to breaking the Jedi code

Qui Gon, Obi Wan and Anakin were all for breaking the code in one way or another.

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:15 pm

OFF TOPIC Question, if I remember correctly at the end of ep III Yoda tells Obi Wan that Qui Gon came back from death or sometihng to that matter, if that's the case where is he? He was never ever seen again
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:19 pm

Darth Vader wrote:OFF TOPIC Question, if I remember correctly at the end of ep III Yoda tells Obi Wan that Qui Gon came back from death or sometihng to that matter, if that's the case where is he? He was never ever seen again

Not off topic at all, this is the 'general chat' thread.

And I've wondered the same question myself.

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:24 pm

Wasn't coming back from death something that only the Sith could do according to Palpatine while talking with Luke about Darth Plagueis?
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:41 pm

Darth Vader wrote:Wasn't coming back from death something that only the Sith could do according to Palpatine while talking with Luke about Darth Plagueis?

sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:44 pm

Darth Vader wrote:Wasn't coming back from death something that only the Sith could do according to Palpatine while talking with Luke about Darth Plagueis?

I think its a matter of one side trying to cheat death by getting a second chance in a physical body. And the Jedi side which was more of imaterial body - more ghost like. But still being ablle to communicate with the living.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:47 pm

Metal Blessing Radio wrote:
\

More likely Lukes daughter. Given her age and all.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaNorm64 Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:34 pm

sentient 6 wrote:
Metal Blessing Radio wrote:
\

More likely Lukes daughter. Given her age and all.
It is indeed both Ewan McGregor and Alec Guinness talking to Rey in the lightsaber flashback.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/20/jj-abrams-reveals-obi-wan-and-yoda-are-star-wars-force-awakens
MegaNorm64
MegaNorm64
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:42 am

Let's also not forget that the Force has "ways" and has caused powerful Force sensitives to be spawned before........

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:26 am

exo wrote:Let's also not forget that the Force has "ways" and has caused powerful Force sensitives to be spawned before........

I was just thinking about that over the weekend. We could have another Anakin on our hands in the form of Rey.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:33 am

I sure hope not that would be IMO lame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next