The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cannabis

+8
Deepfriar
KaramKaram
alldatndensum
srguenther
sentient 6
d@v!d
exo
ThomasEversole
12 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Cannabis - Page 4 Empty Re: Cannabis

Post by ThomasEversole Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:48 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:
In case you guys didn't know, I've always known my mom as a conservative Baptist, in church almost every Sunday, her Bible is ragged from use with all sorts of handwritten notes...
definitely not a ringer for someone open minded to "drug use", and definitely did not approve when I was abusing it before I got sober.

So I used cannabis for the first time in front of my mother. Per her request actually as I was getting sick and was going to "step away" to use my "medicine". She wanted to see what it was about. Her response?

"That's it?"
"Oh! That smells really good!"

LOLOLOLOLOLOL especially since my buds smell like a dead skunk!
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:12 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:
ThomasEversole wrote:
In case you guys didn't know, I've always known my mom as a conservative Baptist, in church almost every Sunday, her Bible is ragged from use with all sorts of handwritten notes...
definitely not a ringer for someone open minded to "drug use", and definitely did not approve when I was abusing it before I got sober.

So I used cannabis for the first time in front of my mother.  Per her request actually as I was getting sick and was going to "step away" to use my "medicine".  She wanted to see what it was about.  Her response?

"That's it?"
"Oh! That smells really good!"

LOLOLOLOLOLOL especially since my buds smell like a dead skunk!

Sir you are just walking your mom down that slippery slope. Pretty soon she'll be she'll be dealing dope out of the back of her car, listening to Cypress Hill, flashing gang signs and holding a gun "gangsta" style.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:10 pm

Haha! Well, my mother is open to using it for her crippling migraines and would never be the next ghetto blaster. She does have some reluctancy. It's not the legality, the high, the smoking or the cost that's a deterrent...

...she just doesn't want to gain weight from munching out. Haha!
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:17 am

With women, it all seems to come down to the weight gain.   Smile
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:18 am

Head the warning for teenage cannabis usage (it impedes the maturation of the cerebral cortex):

http://archpsyc.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=2429551

It may not effect present IQ scores, but it can and will leave a teenager in a perpetual state of arrested development through consistent usage.  Also leaves a high risk for schizophrenia.  I don't have a problem with a person of a mature age using it for medical/pain treatment.  I am not in favor of altering one's consciousness for recreation.

Funny, Kratom can relieve a lot of the same symptoms that medicinal marijuana can, but without the high effect and it's recently been deemed illegal by the DEA. 

Another issue with medicinal cannabis is that the strains are very strong these days and mostly leaves one in a state of inactivity.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:49 pm

I'm certainly not inactive after my regular one toke. I generally have more energy than I would from a cup of coffee.

I know my weed is strong because, I've been quite stoned before years back so... I've got to be careful with this stuff cause I definitely feel one breath of it. So far, I think I've done well with it. My wife, mom and a few others have noticed I seem happier and more talkative.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:33 pm

Wanted to talk about something regarding I'm noticing with this. I don't think its a red flag, but more like a quirk?
I find myself being a bit of a cannabis connoisseur, comparing the buds of this plant much like I would compare a good apple and a really good apple.

This has nothing to do with the feeling. Regardless of the batch, I'm grateful for relief, but this has to do with it being pleasurable to other senses. What it smells like, what it tastes like, what it feels and looks like. Lung expansion too.

I don't want to mess with the legality of large amounts, so I buy small amounts. I don't go through much pot in my one toke usage anyway, so I don't need much to have plenty. Still, having bought small amounts, I've sampled different kinds.
The appeal of it is intriguing to me.

Like the prior batch I bought, it smelled like bad meat - which was awesome, felt kind of gooey like gum - again awesome, was surprisingly light in color, like a white-green color - awesome, looked big for its weight, and came in about 4 cute little buds. This batch I got now, was almost a neon green with gnarly orange hairs - beautiful, smelled like someone took a dump on a bunch of limes they set on fire - awesome, came in 1 giant bud, hard as a rock but sticky... like a fast sticky like superglue - magnificent.

I never buy when I'm out, so I have multiple kinds at a time, and I rotate use to cater to this smell, taste, look, feel reasons. I currently have 3 different types. (don't think I have huge amounts, I've got enough to last months and it fits in my back pocket)

Why is stinky and smelly and gross looking appealing? Why are these things so glorified and positive?
I can't quite figure that out. Is it like some kind of psychology where that smell/taste/feel/look is strongly associated with relief, so I love the smell/taste/feel/look by association?

I'll tell you one good thing about these other senses, is its pretty easy to tell how potent something will be based on its traits. That superglue/burnt poop limes one I knew was going to be KILLER so, I got to be careful with even one toke with that one....
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:31 pm

I've cut down on this stuff considerably since I got off chemo, but I still seem to "need" it once a day.

I still have a really hard time eating. Just like during chemo, about the second meal (or 3rd snack) I'm wilting, (nausea) and then drag my feet to take my medicine.

I've taken too long before (dragging my feet) and I end up throwing up.

While it's gotten better, I'm still not completely better. While it's one thing to have something to take for relief, it would be much better if I wasn't reliant on anything to feel normal...

...that's not only regarding cannabis but my prescriptions as well.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4