The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cannabis

+8
Deepfriar
KaramKaram
alldatndensum
srguenther
sentient 6
d@v!d
exo
ThomasEversole
12 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Cannabis Empty Cannabis

Post by ThomasEversole Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:05 am

Hopefully this topic won't burst into flames, but anyway.
Very broad question here - How do you guys feel about cannabis?
(I know it has many names, so I'll just refer to it as that, just to keep things simple.)

I've mentioned it before in various threads that I've been sober over 8 years. I smoked the stuff daily in college and after. I chose sobriety because of the consequences of that and other substance I was abusing, (for the highs), I HAD to stop.

I think some of you may have seen in the prayer request thread that I was recently diagnosed with rectal cancer. ....well, since my doctor(s) haven't given me anything to help my symptoms, I have found something that really helps with my pain and some of the urgency.

Using cannabis oil through a vaporizer.

Now, before anyone thinks I've broken the boundaries of the law and/or my sobriety, please note that what I'm using is cannabis oil with the THC removed. (more commonly referred to as CBD oil) This means there's no euphoria, no failing drug tests, no munchies, no driving very slow, and can be bought over the counter legally in all 50 states.

Anyway, I can vouch for the healing properties of this herb, at least with my condition - and there's no side effects. (well, a little dry mouth from the "fog" I keep breathing, but nothing that a glass of water can't take care of)

It looks like there are even healing properties of the THC itself, but I didn't find it necessary to go that far with it since the dope-free version of cannabis is working for me.

Judging from people talking in my state, it sounds like Illinois might be the next state to allow recreational use, I'll say that I have no qualms with people using it/THC to get high. ...assuming responsibility. I would certainly think people would be more responsible with it than they would alcohol, good grief there are scary statistics out there.

I seriously question myself being able to use recreational cannibas responsibly though, and would only resort to a THC version if it was the lesser evil to being bound to opiates to address chronic pain. At least the plant is (more) natural and I wouldn't be itchy and sleeping all the time.

Thoughts?
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Cannabis Empty Re: Cannabis

Post by exo Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:48 am

Well, my thoughts are that vaporizing THC-less CBD oil is a far cry from lighting up a joint or firing up a bong.  Don't guilt yourself by conflating the two.  Were it to come down to firing up, well, you do what you must to manage your condition.

Recreational use is a different case, even though I'm not necessarily against the concept. It's just DIFFERENT from a legit medical thing......

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:14 am

Sorry to hear about your health issues. To me it's like anything else prescribed to help with your symptoms. Take what works. I think it's good that governments are finally waking up to the benefits of cannabis.

Last edited by Headshrinker on Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:04 am

I personally dont use it, I am all for it for medicinal purposes but like Exo said Recreational use is a different case.

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:55 am

If it ain't metal...
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:56 am

Very broad question here - How do you guys feel about cannabis?

I'm in favor for the full legalization in all 50 states for medical and recreational use...as well as the immediate release of all NON-violent offenders..A guy shouldn't go to prison over a few joints or and a bag for recreational use Cool ...
I do think however that K2 should be illegal...  And for the record I do not consider the use of cannabis a sinful thing..I applaud President Obama for not prosecuting in states like Colorado where its legal...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:11 pm

as for the full legalization its one of those issues i dont agree or disagree with I guess I am indifferent its one of those things i wont lose sleep over.  Just keep it far from me as the smell makes my stomach turn just aint my bag baby Thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:31 pm

Everything depends on the motives of our heart. Using something to aleve pain or for medical purposes are good things. Using something to escape the world and problems probably isn't good. Sounds like you are doing the former.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:51 pm

I feel that God provided for us everything we need in nature for our health, including things like cannibis and opium for things like pain relief, it's when things are abused it becomes sin and that's with anything. What's the difference between using a controlled amount of pot or going down to your ER and getting a controlled injection of fentanyl for pain if you remove the social and legal element? They're both pain relieving drugs, can make you high, and can be abused. If pot is obtained for medical reasons and from a credible source, there's no difference. And funny thing is, K2 was mentioned above, is legal, at least still where I am. I have seen multiple multiple overdoses on K2 making people dangerously ill, and yet not one single pot overdose. Not one. Ever. And I've seen a lot of drug use of all kinds. Yet K2 is legal and pot isn't still in most places. The legal system and society don't have a clue sometimes. Alcohol has far greater consequences for society than pot by a landslide.

And if you start to factor in prescription drugs, addiction and overdose, they can be more dangerous than pot as well. Again, I've seen people die taking percocets they were prescribed by their doctor and picked up at their pharmacy. I've yet to see the first pot death or even overdose and wager that I'll be waiting a long long time, I've been at my job 10 years. It's all about the user and what they choose to do, and whether they use morally or immorally, and that's something that is difficult to legislate. But even when abused, pure cannibis is still one of the safest drugs out there.

Last edited by spitshockey81 on Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:58 pm

sentient 6 wrote:Everything depends on the motives of our heart. Using something to aleve pain or for medical purposes are good things. Using something to escape the world and problems probably isn't good.

This sums up my opinion perfectly

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:46 pm

So, I was working at TOGO's making sandwiches some years ago back when I had long dreads. A little distracted I mistakenly asked a customer what he wanted to drink twice. He took offense and told me that 'I ought to lay off the pot.' I became indignant, as I was often made out to be the ganga king by many people I ran into on the street, which was so far from the truth, and I replied emphatically that 'I don't smoke pot and I hate the losers who do.' I finished his sandwich and after he refused it exclaiming that he 'he proudly smokes a lot of pot and would never eat a sandwich made by a racist like me' and he stormed out of the store.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by srguenther Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:19 pm

...so many times I hear people talk about pot being a natural healer or even a cure for illness. It's a pain reliever and I have seen nothing that it actually heals or cures anything....

Now that I have that out of my system, I don't care either way. As long as it is illegal, I won't but I don't know about if it becomes legal in my area...

srguenther
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:35 pm

Ive seen stories on the news where Medicinal Marijuana has helped with different types of illnesses.

Back to top Go down

Post by srguenther Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:43 pm

Helped, yes. Cured or healed (i.e., permanent), no.

srguenther
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:11 am

I am a person that medical marijuana has healed. I am a living testimony. I was in a terrible motorcycle accident when I was a teen. Since then I had horrible back pain. Chronic pain.

I went from doctor to doctor - taking prescription medication for years. These drugs ended up hurting me in the long run - and I eventually had to quit taking them.

Long story short - I went to a different kind of doctor because I needed a change. I went to a homeopathic/all natural doctor. I was told that medical marijuana would help me with my pain. So I got a prescription. I started to smoke pot (though I was previously against it - brainwashed by the church and government that it was wrong).

However, within weeks after consuming cannibas on a daily basis, I began to feel better. My back started to feel better - and within two years I was completely healed! Yes, God created the cannabis plant for healing. How we've been lied to by government and well-meaning loved ones over the years. Cannabis is much safer than alcohol when used recreationally and it's much safer than cigarettes too.

I no longer need medical cannabis in my life - as I've been healed. But I have grown to really enjoy this plant (in moderation). As long as it's used in moderation - and not abused - I think it's fine - even for recreational purposes.

Now that I'm healed I sometimes use it for recreational purposes. It's funny - when I smoke weed - I can totally talk to God and pray. I feel that it is not wrong at all - but it's sad how long we have been lied to about this plant that God created.

I live one state away from Colorado where it's legal all across the board (for medical and recreational purposes). So when I travel to Colorado I sometimes go to the legal pot shops. It's great fun! I use it responsibly and I feel that it is not even close to being a sin for me!

However, if I was struggling with it (or anything) ... I would lay off of it. I believe that all things are meant for our enjoyment, but that we should use moderation as a key.

Last edited by RavenWolf on Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:15 am

Cannabis Z37dFRD

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:38 am

srguenther wrote:...so many times I hear people talk about pot being a natural healer or even a cure for illness.  It's a pain reliever and I have seen nothing that it actually heals or cures anything....

Now that I have that out of my system, I don't care either way.  As long as it is illegal, I won't but I don't know about if it becomes legal in my area...
I won't touch it legal or illegal. It makes one stupid.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:09 am

d@v!d wrote:
srguenther wrote:...so many times I hear people talk about pot being a natural healer or even a cure for illness.  It's a pain reliever and I have seen nothing that it actually heals or cures anything....

Now that I have that out of my system, I don't care either way.  As long as it is illegal, I won't but I don't know about if it becomes legal in my area...

That is one of the lies that has been perpetuated about it for many years. It does not make one stupid. It does however effect 'short term' memory. But that is all. Nothing long term. This has been proven. Get educated about it instead of just listening to more brainwashing stories from big brother.

From my own personal experience ... I took an I.Q. test after using marijuana for two years. My I.Q. was actually HIGHER than before I had taken cannabis. Smile 

I'd recommend going to marijuana.com and doing the research that is already laid out for you. You might be surprised to find that you were fooled into believing lies about this plant.

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:13 am

"Makes one stupid" in the same manner alcohol or other intoxicants do, not literally causes your IQ to be permanently reduced.  It's not exactly up for debate that it is KNOWN to impare judgement while the intoxicating effect of the THC is in place.

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:15 am

Even Pastor Bob said that it is more harmless than alcohol and if used in moderation he did not think it was 'wrong' or a sin at all. I agree with him.

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:23 am

exo wrote:"Makes one stupid" in the same manner alcohol or other intoxicants do, not literally causes your IQ to be permanently reduced.  It's not exactly up for debate that it is KNOWN to impare judgement while the intoxicating effect of the THC is in place.

Well you see - a lot of people abuse this plant. For them - yes. Getting 'stoned out of your mind' will make you temporarily stupid. Much like alcohol.

But as a medical patient ... I never abused it like this. Even now, when I use it recreationally, I never get 'stoned out of my mind'. I treat it just as I do alcohol. I like a nice glass of wine once in a while. But I don't slam the whole bottle!!! That would be stupid. I hate getting drunk. I also hate getting stoned (though stoned is safer). But when I smoke recreationally - I only take a very small and moderate amount (like one or two hits tops). This does not cause stupidity at all. In fact, it enhances your senses. Makes you smarter. You do everything more 'enhanced' when you do it in moderation.

But you guys are speaking of the abuse of marijuana. So yes ... if you abuse it - it will make you stupid (temporarily).

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:28 am

RavenWolf wrote:
d@v!d wrote:

That is one of the lies that has been perpetuated about it for many years. It does not make one stupid. It does however effect 'short term' memory. But that is all. Nothing long term. This has been proven. Get educated about it instead of just listening to more brainwashing stories from big brother.

From my own personal experience ... I took an I.Q. test after using marijuana for two years. My I.Q. was actually HIGHER than before I had taken cannabis. Smile 

I'd recommend going to marijuana.com and doing the research that is already laid out for you. You might be surprised to find that you were fooled into believing lies about this plant.
Why do you assume that I'm believing anyone's lies? Might you ever imagine that I'm referencing personal experience and observation?
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:30 am

...legal or illegal, if it doesn't have THC, there's no intoxication.
The CBD oil I'm using is about as intoxicating as an aspirin.

Regarding short term memory, the years I worked as a drug and alcohol counselor all the research said, cannabis only "blocks" short term memory - it doesn't destroy it.  Leave weed alone, you'll get it back.

Oh, and there is one dangerous side to marijuana that a lot of people don't think of.
Heart attack and stroke.  

THC increases heart rates considerably.  If someone's overweight (which a lot of people gain weight smoking marijuana) they're increasing their chance of heart disease or stroke.

Then again, someone not smoking pot but pounding triple chocolate cakes every day is increasing their chance of heart disease or stroke.  ...so, take that for what its worth.

I'm about to have 5 weeks of full throttle radiation and chemo that will build up to a maximum dose.  I'm not planning on being horribly sick, having no appetite, being in pain and having trouble functioning - but I think I'd much rather buy a bag to treat all of that than take 9 different meds (with their side effects and being doped up anyway) from some pill pushing doctor.

Last edited by ThomasEversole on Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:34 am; edited 2 times in total
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:32 am

exo wrote:"Makes one stupid" in the same manner alcohol or other intoxicants do, not literally causes your IQ to be permanently reduced.  It's not exactly up for debate that it is KNOWN to impare judgement while the intoxicating effect of the THC is in place.
Of course your dichotomy is the standard understanding, but from experience I've never come across anyone who uses/advocates it that impressed me with their mental acumen, to say the least.

Granted, I know my sample is small, as it only relates to people I've known and interacted with over the years. But I stated it that way to say that I do wonder...

Another thought is that stupid is stupid does may have a great deal to do with it too.

Don't worry, not my hill to die on. Just my thoughts.

Last edited by d@v!d on Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:37 am; edited 1 time in total
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:32 am

RavenWolf wrote:Cannabis Z37dFRD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content