The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Sweet wants to help Van Halen achieve another platinum album like the first 2

+12
alldatndensum
sentient 6
bjorn agin
Throne of thorns
WildWorld
Joe C
metaldude
JPK72
Staybrite
Temple of Blood
Superjuice
MikeInFla
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Michael Sweet wants to help Van Halen achieve another platinum album like the first 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Sweet wants to help Van Halen achieve another platinum album like the first 2

Post by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:40 am

I read in an interview that Eddie Van Halen hardly ever listen to music. He even says he has never been a fan of hard rock and heavy metal.

I wonder how someone like him can put a decent rock album out? How can you be really good at something if you have no influences?

Regarding the entire VH career, there is nothing but a handful of songs I care about.

Back to top Go down

Michael Sweet wants to help Van Halen achieve another platinum album like the first 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Sweet wants to help Van Halen achieve another platinum album like the first 2

Post by lowjax Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:30 am

Headshrinker wrote:If you get a chance watch their appearance on Ellen.
Nice performance except for Dave. He's gone fruit loops.  By the end Eddie and Alex are just about laughing at him.  I love the old Van Halen sound, but this just isn't it with Dave's vocals.  If you can't sing like you used to, don't try.

lowjax
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:11 pm

Thiago-Brazil wrote:I read in an interview that Eddie Van Halen hardly ever listen to music. He even says he has never been a fan of hard rock and heavy metal.

I wonder how someone like him can put a decent rock album out? How can you be really good at something if you have no influences?

Regarding the entire VH career, there is nothing but a handful of songs I care about.
Eddie was heavily influenced by Eric Clapton and Led Zeppelin, but he does not care for any other rock from the 80's on up.  He said he doesn't even like what he does, but, he states, "it's fun though."

He is eccentric like many other artists.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:14 pm

lowjax wrote:
Headshrinker wrote:If you get a chance watch their appearance on Ellen.
Nice performance except for Dave. He's gone fruit loops.  By the end Eddie and Alex are just about laughing at him.  I love the old Van Halen sound, but this just isn't it with Dave's vocals.  If you can't sing like you used to, don't try.

Yep. Embarrassing. I will qualify and admit that I do find ADKOT a good album.

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:41 pm

Thiago-Brazil wrote:I read in an interview that Eddie Van Halen hardly ever listen to music. He even says he has never been a fan of hard rock and heavy metal.

Not that unusual to be honest. From what i've heard, Michael Anthony was the only real "rock" fan of the band. Heck, DLR himself was a big fan of big band and disco, Billy Sheehan introduced him to heavy metal.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2