The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rate Your Music

+3
Snert I
ThomasEversole
Friday13th
7 posters

Go down

Rate Your Music Empty Rate Your Music

Post by Guest Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:27 pm

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else here has heard of or is a part of this website. It's called Rate Your Music and it's arguably one of the best music databases online. I have found it to be very enlightening over the years. Features all kinds of music metal, rock, pop, etc. Even Christian music is featured. Pretty complete. And it also allows for you to add to it if you have an account. It's free to have an account by the way.

If you do have an account there. Feel free to add me if you want. My name on there is Synthetic Warrior.

Anyone into this site? It's actually my favorite database. I like it better than Discogs.

PS: Tried to post a link but it wouldn't let me for whatever reason. Hopefully some of you already know the link.

Back to top Go down

Rate Your Music Empty Re: Rate Your Music

Post by Friday13th Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:37 pm

yup I'm a rym guy. I frequent sputnikmusic more, but I use rym to find new music because the chart features are amazing. The "wishlist" tag is also really useful.
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:39 pm

Friday13th wrote:yup I'm a rym guy. I frequent sputnikmusic more, but I use rym to find new music because the chart features are amazing. The "wishlist" tag is also really useful.

Yeah, I've discovered a ton of music there. Love the chart features too!

Metal 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:46 pm

I could spend all day with one tab connected to rym and another on youtube...but alas...people expect me to do things Smile
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:48 pm

Friday13th wrote:I could spend all day with one tab connected to rym and another on youtube...but alas...people expect me to do things Smile

Haahaahaa!!! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:40 am

I have RYM but your already on my list Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:43 pm

Aaron C wrote:I have RYM but your already on my list Smile

Yup! Metal 2

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:00 pm

I do not like this site. Too many trolls.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:02 pm

I've not seen any trolls there at all. I don't post on the boards there though. To me it's all about keeping track of my collection. It's a great help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Snert I Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:58 pm

I've been a member of RYM since January 2004 - but my last login was long ago. My last activities seem to be from 2011. I liked the database, but I lost track of it somehow. Nice to see, that it's still up and running - at least the work I put in adding, correcting and rating back then is not lost Smile
Maybe I'll revitalize my account (profile name is Snert) over there a bit...

@RavenWolf: For some reason I couldn't add you...

Edit: Is your profile name written without a space between the words (syntheticwarrior)? If so, you are no. 1 on my compatibility list Very Happy

Snert I
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:23 pm

One of the many reasons I don't take RYM seriously.
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/cd_laser_lens_cleaners/cd_laser_lens_cleaner/

It's a formula doomed for failure. Anyone can anonymously say whatever they want, pick whatever "rank" they want and while it's hilarious more often than not, but zero credibility for accuracy.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:19 am

RavenWolf wrote:I've not seen any trolls there at all. I don't post on the boards there though. To me it's all about keeping track of my collection. It's a great help!

What he said

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:20 am

Awesome site.  Easily one of the best music sites around.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:27 am

ThomasEversole wrote:
It's a formula doomed for failure. Anyone can anonymously say whatever they want, pick whatever "rank" they want and while it's hilarious more often than not, but zero credibility for accuracy.

Sounds an awful lot like democracy Razz
I don't know what you mean by "accuracy." I'd agree if you're just saying music shouldn't be judged as a popularity contest. You'll notice a clear bias on rym towards certain genres and eras of music like jazz, prog, and any "artsy" form of pop, mostly from the 1950s-1990s. However, I think the point is missed if OK Computer on top makes you think "that sucks, these people don't know crap!" What I like about it is I can find users that already like what I like. Then I trust their recommendations more. What's interesting is once you find users that like the music you like, you see a trend that they agree on the same albums you think are overrated. It tells me there's a clear preference gap.
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:35 pm

Snert, yeah! That's me! That's very cool you are number 1 on my compatibility list!!!

Rockin Loud

Temple of Blood, add me if you want! What is your username at RYM?

Back to top Go down

Post by Throne of thorns Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:58 am

ThomasEversole wrote:I do not like this site.  Too many trolls.
Whats a troll?
Throne of thorns
Throne of thorns
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDoctor394 Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:30 am

RavenWolf wrote:Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else here has heard of or is a part of this website. It's called Rate Your Music and it's arguably one of the best music databases online. I have found it to be very enlightening over the years. Features all kinds of music metal, rock, pop, etc. Even Christian music is featured. Pretty complete. And it also allows for you to add to it if you have an account. It's free to have an account by the way.

If you do have an account there. Feel free to add me if you want. My name on there is Synthetic Warrior.

Anyone into this site? It's actually my favorite database. I like it better than Discogs.

PS: Tried to post a link but it wouldn't let me for whatever reason. Hopefully some of you already know the link.
I've been a part of this site for several years now. I only occasionally participate on the message boards, but use it to keep tabs on my collection, rate and sometimes review albums, as well as reading other people's.  I admit to finding it highly addictive. :-)
TheDoctor394
TheDoctor394
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:51 am

Throne of thorns wrote:
Whats a troll?

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion,[3] often for their own amusement.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:58 am

Gives me an idea. We need  a rateyourtroll site. Too much epic trolling goes unrecognized.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:37 am

ThomasEversole wrote:
Throne of thorns wrote:
Whats a troll?

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion,[3] often for their own amusement.
I think he was being sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:23 pm

Aaron C wrote:
ThomasEversole wrote:
Throne of thorns wrote:
Whats a troll?

I think he was being sarcastic
Or was he trolling?...
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:17 pm

TheDoctor394 wrote:
RavenWolf wrote:Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else here has heard of or is a part of this website. It's called Rate Your Music and it's arguably one of the best music databases online. I have found it to be very enlightening over the years. Features all kinds of music metal, rock, pop, etc. Even Christian music is featured. Pretty complete. And it also allows for you to add to it if you have an account. It's free to have an account by the way.

I've been a part of this site for several years now. I only occasionally participate on the message boards, but use it to keep tabs on my collection, rate and sometimes review albums, as well as reading other people's.  I admit to finding it highly addictive. :-)

That's very cool Doctor! Make sure you add me ok?

Rockin Loud

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDoctor394 Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:35 pm

RavenWolf wrote:
TheDoctor394 wrote:

That's very cool Doctor! Make sure you add me ok?

Rockin Loud
Yep, I've been trying to find out on there, but no luck yet. Are you using the same name?
TheDoctor394
TheDoctor394
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:57 pm

syntheticwarrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content