The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ONLY SCUMBAGS PIRATE AND STEAL MUSIC. Certainly no true Christian would pirate music from the internet. Let me get an AMEN if you agree with me. If you don't "amen" then we know what you are made of.

+28
Galations6.7
bjorn agin
ludey7
Wildcat
srguenther
wintersdawn
Temple of Blood
Blake
alldatndensum
grandeped
KaramKaram
Fundy
WildWorld
Black Rider
MegaNorm64
Candlemass
Soldier777
Grindboy
Tobi Elektrik
eatbugs
pathogenics_cloned_twin83
zelote
lhversaw
Hardcore Christian
bodachi
Follower of Jesus
MikeInFla
GeorgeReneOchoa
32 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

ONLY SCUMBAGS PIRATE AND STEAL MUSIC.  Certainly no true Christian would pirate music from the internet.  Let me get an AMEN if you agree with me.  If you don't "amen" then we know what you are made of. Empty ONLY SCUMBAGS PIRATE AND STEAL MUSIC. Certainly no true Christian would pirate music from the internet. Let me get an AMEN if you agree with me. If you don't "amen" then we know what you are made of.

Post by GeorgeReneOchoa Sat May 30, 2015 7:01 pm

ONLY SCUMBAGS PIRATE AND STEAL MUSIC.  Certainly no true Christian would pirate music from the internet.  Let me get an AMEN if you agree with me.  If you don't "amen" then we know what you are made of.
GeorgeReneOchoa
GeorgeReneOchoa
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

http://www.worldviewmetal.com

Temple of Blood likes this post

Back to top Go down

ONLY SCUMBAGS PIRATE AND STEAL MUSIC.  Certainly no true Christian would pirate music from the internet.  Let me get an AMEN if you agree with me.  If you don't "amen" then we know what you are made of. Empty Re: ONLY SCUMBAGS PIRATE AND STEAL MUSIC. Certainly no true Christian would pirate music from the internet. Let me get an AMEN if you agree with me. If you don't "amen" then we know what you are made of.

Post by MikeInFla Sat May 30, 2015 7:51 pm

Amen George. I know Saint had a similar problem when Desperate Night was released digitally before the cd came out. I bought my tracks directly from Rich. The same day I saw the album all over the Internet. I emailed Rich the links and he did his best to get them taken down but I think piracy pretty much killed Desperate Night. That's why I recommend all artist release everything on vinyl only. Smile
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

ONLY SCUMBAGS PIRATE AND STEAL MUSIC.  Certainly no true Christian would pirate music from the internet.  Let me get an AMEN if you agree with me.  If you don't "amen" then we know what you are made of. Empty Re: ONLY SCUMBAGS PIRATE AND STEAL MUSIC. Certainly no true Christian would pirate music from the internet. Let me get an AMEN if you agree with me. If you don't "amen" then we know what you are made of.

Post by Follower of Jesus Sat May 30, 2015 8:18 pm

Sinners steal music. We're all scumbags. And I'm made of the grace of God even if I don't 'amen' to you. Don't hang that on people, George.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Opeth3232 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GeorgeReneOchoa Sat May 30, 2015 8:24 pm

Let me get this straight.............Because you are a sinner "covered by the grace of God" it's somehow fine to take something that isn't yours.  Is that what you are saying?
GeorgeReneOchoa
GeorgeReneOchoa
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

http://www.worldviewmetal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 9:55 pm

I used to download music illegally (I never uploaded or shared though) .... Even though I still bought everything new that came out from bands I liked. I only downloaded stuff I knew I would never like enough to buy.

Like that rationalization there?

Yeah.... Didn't think so..

My conscience didn't either.

I gave up doing it and deleted everything I had.

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi Sat May 30, 2015 10:26 pm

GeorgeReneOchoa wrote:Let me get this straight.............Because you are a sinner "covered by the grace of God" it's somehow fine to take something that isn't yours.  Is that what you are saying?
If I may be so bold as to speak for him:

He did NOT say or seem to imply that stealing was okay.

I believe he meant to say we are ALL "scumbags", but some of us chose the LORD's forgiveness.

Your reaction to folks' stealing your intellectual property is understandable, however.

And a delayed, if qualified, "amen" from this forgiven scumbag (I don't download music immorally)
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sat May 30, 2015 10:46 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:Sinners steal music. We're all scumbags. And I'm made of the grace of God even if I don't 'amen' to you. Don't hang that on people, George.
True dat 100%
GeorgeReneOchoa wrote:Let me get this straight.............Because you are a sinner "covered by the grace of God" it's somehow fine to take something that isn't yours.  Is that what you are saying?
Where did you get that, from that ???????????????????? face palm
Neal Morse Code wrote:Well, that escalated quickly.
Why yes it did lol!
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by lhversaw Sat May 30, 2015 11:00 pm

Sadly MOST people who do it don't really care about the artist or anyone else involved in making the music.  They view it as helping the bands gain interest and fans.  I have dealt with several sites putting up illegal downloads for bands on my label and it is impossible to get them to take it down.  Most of them will out right block you if you even try and if they don't you get trashed for trying to make them take it down.  

And to be honest it is mostly the pressing companies that put it up in the first place.  I have seen several bands have their album on illegal downloading sites MONTHS before release and many of those didn't have digital releases at all.  The only people to have had those files to upload were the pressing plants, and I have had this happen to me several times, SO the ONLY way to really stop it is to buy the equipment to press it all yourself, which is so costly it isn't even worth it. I mean over $3000 for the replication/duplication machine and then the blank cd's and the software to create what is needed for the replication then the printer and high quality paper to print the booklet, tray etc.  So you pretty much have to have the pressing companies but you have to find one that WON'T do that to you and there are ONLY  a handful of those.
lhversaw
lhversaw
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 11:45 pm

NoOneIsHere wrote:I used to download music illegally (I never uploaded or shared though) .... Even though I still bought everything new that came out from bands I liked. I only downloaded stuff I knew I would never like enough to buy.

Like that rationalization there?

Yeah.... Didn't think so..

My conscience didn't either.

I gave up doing it and deleted everything I had.
Good man.  Me too, sir.  alien

Back to top Go down

Post by zelote Sat May 30, 2015 11:59 pm

I try to buy just originals ones, but some albums from 80 bands are so expensive nowdays.. I have several tapes from 80 band and i feel fine with them.  And  i have some copies of some titles almost imposible to get these days. 

I have some Mp3 files that i bought from Tunes, but i hate when this files not come with pdf lyrics.... 

For example i have the last Mortification Cd that i bought by Rowe Production in Mp3 files, but i am not be able to find the lyrics in any place.. is just bored me.

zelote
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by pathogenics_cloned_twin83 Sun May 31, 2015 12:00 am

Does this 'scumbag' label extend to downloading stuff stuff thats out of print and selling for major bucks on Ebay/Amazon?

I don't download in print music, especially new releases.
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://www.facebook.com/#!/derrick.williams.5667

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sun May 31, 2015 12:47 am

Like bodachi I'll give you a "qualified Amen."  I don't download illegally.  IPR violations are sin and need to be repented of.  However, when I sin I don't want to be called "no true Christian" and neither should they.

By the way George, I just got The Chosen Few in the mail and listened to it for the first time today and it is awesome!

About OOP stuff, I absolutely get that there is no loss of revenue for the band or label when music is out of print.  But let's say hypothetically you downloaded Recon - Behind Enemy Lines with that logic.  When it is reissued later this year (that's still the plan right?), will you buy it since it is in print?  What about Recon - Live at Cornerstone?  If you had it could you tell George with a clean conscience you got it from a download site?  Don't answer me.  This is HYPOTHETICAL (I have no idea what's in your music collection) and NOT an accusation!  Just a question!  It's between you, God, and the copyright holders.  It's something to think about and something I personally decided I don't want to deal with - I just try to find the OOP stuff at reasonable prices or not get it.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 31, 2015 2:01 am

Recon BHE is available at Google Play.  So it's still out there.  Bought it legally.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobi Elektrik Sun May 31, 2015 4:50 am

I'm a Scumbag.
So... no "Amen" here.

Would be interested to hear what's the reason for the tantrum? Personal experiences as an artist?

I don't think it helps to judge this topic in such a generalizing manner. Laws are good but they aren't the perfect guideline in every situation to really judge if something's good or bad.
Like smuggling bibles into countries were it's forbidden to bring such things into. Would you call those people scumbags too because they break the law while they try to spread the word?
So the important question is: what's the intention of those "scumbags"?

SCUMBAGS Type I: Do they want to enjoy music they can't effort? Do they want to listen to stuff that's OOP and is ridiculously overpriced at ebay or amazon? Do they want to listen to an album first to really judge about it's quality before paying 15 bucks?

SCUMBAGS Type II: Do they want to enjoy music but don't want to pay? Would they pay for albums if there wouldn't be illegal downloads available?

I'm downloading TONS of music but I still love to pay for good albums. And I still do. So... some scumbags actually seem to respect the artists and give their hard earned money to them and the labels.
Tobi Elektrik
Tobi Elektrik
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Sun May 31, 2015 6:54 am

After 20 years of this argument, I'm super sure that we're going to finally all agree this time!

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 31, 2015 7:03 am

Well, I don't download music ilegally. Not only because I am christian, but also because the system is unsustainable. How do you expect your favorite bands to release new material if you don't buy it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Sun May 31, 2015 7:25 am

I would have to agree. I don't download for the following reasons:

1. Your are risking downloading a virus on to your hardware/software
2. It is stealing from the artist  and all who was involved in making the music.
3. I like having the actual CD and loading it on my computer. I'm a collector when it comes to music and other things.
4. Downloads may not have as good sound quality as CD or other legal pay per song/album sources like iTunes.

With that said, if you own a format like a cassette and the CD is out of print or is not available anywhere to pay for the download then I would think it is ok to download that album if you have searched all the sources to find the album.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Sun May 31, 2015 7:49 am

Tobi Elektrik wrote:I'm a Scumbag.
So... no "Amen" here.

Would be interested to hear what's the reason for the tantrum? Personal experiences as an artist?

I don't think it helps to judge this topic in such a generalizing manner. Laws are good but they aren't the perfect guideline in every situation to really judge if something's good or bad.
Like smuggling bibles into countries were it's forbidden to bring such things into. Would you call those people scumbags too because they break the law while they try to spread the word?
So the important question is: what's the intention of those "scumbags"?

SCUMBAGS Type I: Do they want to enjoy music they can't effort? Do they want to listen to stuff that's OOP and is ridiculously overpriced at ebay or amazon? Do they want to listen to an album first to really judge about it's quality before paying 15 bucks?

SCUMBAGS Type II: Do they want to enjoy music but don't want to pay? Would they pay for albums if there wouldn't be illegal downloads available?

I'm downloading TONS of music but I still love to pay for good albums. And I still do. So... some scumbags actually seem to respect the artists and give their hard earned money to them and the labels.

That analogy doesn't hold water, very doubtful anyone is stealing music to "spread the Word!" Laughing
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaNorm64 Sun May 31, 2015 8:20 am

Got the feeling this is another H&M post.
MegaNorm64
MegaNorm64
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobi Elektrik Sun May 31, 2015 9:10 am

This wasn't a direct analogy. It was just one of a million possible examples of how laws can totally be against your individual conviction regarding what is "good" or "bad".

In this case determining "stealing" just by law can lead to some false conclusions IMO.
Tobi Elektrik
Tobi Elektrik
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by lhversaw Sun May 31, 2015 9:21 am

pathogenics_cloned_twin83 wrote:Does this 'scumbag' label extend to downloading stuff stuff thats out of print and selling for major bucks on Ebay/Amazon?

I don't download in print music, especially new releases.
Even if it is out of print and sells for major bucks on ebay it is still illegal to download them and therefore wrong.  I am not perfect I used to do this as well but I can honestly say that I no longer do and haven't for MANY years now.  If it is out of print and I can't afford the ebay price then I am not supposed to have it.  Plain and simple there are people who seem to think they have a right to just have everything they want even if they can't afford it but that is simply not the case.  There are MANY HUNDREDS OR THOUSANDS of albums I want but I can't afford all of them so I simply have to do without.  I am not a hard case by no means and I have over a thousand albums so really in the grand scope of things I don't NEED any more it is a want and not a need or a right.  People who try to justify their actions by stating that it is out of print and too expensive or I don't have enough money so that is why they do it is just that an EXCUSE TO JUSTIFY THEIR WRONGS.

I can understand George's frustration as I have been on BOTH sides of the issue.
lhversaw
lhversaw
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by lhversaw Sun May 31, 2015 9:22 am

ParaNormaN wrote:Got the feeling this is another H&M post.
No I don't believe that I just think it is a frustrated artist who has had his stuff put up for illegal download.
lhversaw
lhversaw
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobi Elektrik Sun May 31, 2015 10:10 am

lhversaw wrote:
pathogenics_cloned_twin83 wrote:Does this 'scumbag' label extend to downloading stuff stuff thats out of print and selling for major bucks on Ebay/Amazon?
Even if it is out of print and sells for major bucks on ebay it is still illegal to download them and therefore wrong. People who try to justify their actions by stating that it is out of print and too expensive or I don't have enough money so that is why they do it is just that an EXCUSE TO JUSTIFY THEIR WRONGS.

So you say it is wrong just because a law says it is wrong?
Tobi Elektrik
Tobi Elektrik
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun May 31, 2015 10:17 am

It the product is for sale and you dl it illegally, it's stealing. I can't actually think of reason to steal because laws aren't the best way to determine stealing. Is there really some fuzziness there?
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next