The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nodes Of Ranvier - The Years To Come (10 Year Anniversary)

4 posters

Go down

Nodes Of Ranvier - The Years To Come (10 Year Anniversary) Empty Nodes Of Ranvier - The Years To Come (10 Year Anniversary)

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:47 pm

Nodes Of Ranvier - The Years To Come (10 Year Anniversary) 72fd_history_nor-475x475

Who else listened to these guys?

And if you have not you should check them out.

Here is a excerpt from The Metal Archives for people who think it will be the same old boring "core" sound

The Years to Come (2005) is an outstanding album. The first thing I'll ask of you is that you listen to this CD without any prejudice. Ignore what you've heard about the band, or even Metalcore in general. I can confidently say that this album is something that anyone with an appreciation for Metal can enjoy.

I'm not going to go on a rave about how the line-up for this release is so talented or skilled players or anything like that, because although they are good, no particular band member really stand out as being that great of a musician. So then, what makes this album so good? The answer is the song writing. Nodes of Ranvier does such a great job with writing these songs that you should be able to easily overlook any shortcomings in the individual band member's shortcomings.

Needless to say, if you're considering looking into this band, this album is a great place to start. This is the band's last great work. The Years to Come (2005) is one respectable piece of Metalcore. I don't care what you've heard about that genre in the past, forget it and give this album a fair listen. You'll probably be glad you did, and find a way to fit it into your rotation.

EPIC INTRO (to Relentless)

Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Nodes Of Ranvier - The Years To Come (10 Year Anniversary) Empty Re: Nodes Of Ranvier - The Years To Come (10 Year Anniversary)

Post by Grindboy Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:04 pm

Heh, I'll ignore any shortcomings in the writer's shortcomings and say that I agree that they wrote great songs on this album.  I'm not sure I agree that it would be enjoyed by people who don't like core, but that it was just plain-old strong material.  Different sound, but kind of reminds me of Dagon "Terraphobic" in that I listen and they don't really do anything that's great or unusual, they just do everything RIGHT.

So yeah, I've been on Nodes (gosh, maybe still the worst band name ever) since almost the beginning.  Particularly since we were both from SD, although I was long gone when they poked up, that's a big deal if you're from SD!  And I thought their first 2 were far more unique and creative, but of course also more hit and miss.  This one was just solid, all the way through.  IMO, of course.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Nodes Of Ranvier - The Years To Come (10 Year Anniversary) Empty Re: Nodes Of Ranvier - The Years To Come (10 Year Anniversary)

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:36 pm

Grindboy wrote:Heh, I'll ignore any shortcomings in the writer's shortcomings and say that I agree that they wrote great songs on this album.  I'm not sure I agree that it would be enjoyed by people who don't like core, but that it was just plain-old strong material.  Different sound, but kind of reminds me of Dagon "Terraphobic" in that I listen and they don't really do anything that's great or unusual, they just do everything RIGHT.

So yeah, I've been on Nodes (gosh, maybe still the worst band name ever) since almost the beginning.  Particularly since we were both from SD, although I was long gone when they poked up, that's a big deal if you're from SD!  And I thought their first 2 were far more unique and creative, but of course also more hit and miss.  This one was just solid, all the way through.  IMO, of course.
I myself having never heard of Dagon thought they were very unique.

I never got into their previous works because the vocalists were not as unique to me. Murphy did a great job.

I just put the review here do not take his shortcomings as mine. Razz

Like you said the guitars and stuff arent that special but they song writing is great and consistent.

I loved the band name!!!!
When I was 6 and bought this I thought it was the coolest name!!
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:46 am

10 years ago... time is flying Cool

It's also one of my favorite album of this band now, but i don't liked it when it came out (i wasn't really Metalcore in this time).

I'm not sure I agree that it would be enjoyed by people who don't like core
Maybe a part of Thrashers, but not sure too...

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:38 pm

I love these threads that make me pull out something I haven't listened to in years!  Thumbs up   I forgot how good it is.  I like -core and it is even better (more melodic?) than "generic" metalcore.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:57 am

eatbugs wrote:  I forgot how good it is.
So did I! Its been a constant player now for about a week Guitar guy
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by metalh Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:19 pm

I love Nodes!! I have all their albums. This one is such a great disc.

I don't know why you deny

I, I know the light is burning dim and dying in you
I know the pain that lies within
I feel it too

-Collapsing by Demon Hunter
metalh
metalh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down