The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New finnish music for Kerrick (and for others too) :)

+13
CrimsonWarrior
Tombie
mothy
Frozen Fire
Andreas89
Constantine
Snert I
Kerrick
jusma
Markus1987
d@v!d
metaldude
Deepfriar
17 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

New finnish music for Kerrick (and for others too) :) - Page 2 Empty Re: New finnish music for Kerrick (and for others too) :)

Post by Kerrick Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:23 pm

I just sent Christian Rock Shop a message inquiring whether they'll be carrying it.  They're a very trustworthy and good (US based) webstore that carries a lot of Christian music from Finland.  That's actually where I bought my copy of Miriam's album as well as Sacrecy's.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

New finnish music for Kerrick (and for others too) :) - Page 2 Empty Re: New finnish music for Kerrick (and for others too) :)

Post by jusma Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:51 am

Kerrick wrote:Wow, so much good music!!!  Thank you guys!  I think The Rain is my favorite. 

You're welcome! 

The Rain is really good, one of my favourites for sure. Here's more awesome songs from The Rain:

jusma
jusma
Finnish Metal Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:12 pm

Thanks Jusma!  I'll give those a listen.

I want to buy the new Miriam album but the website is only in Finnish...  I may have to do everything via Google Translate haha.  Sigh...

https://miriam.mycashflow.fi/

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:06 pm

I'm officially sold on The Rain. This one did it for me.

metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by jusma Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:53 am

Kerrick wrote:Thanks Jusma!  I'll give those a listen.

I want to buy the new Miriam album but the website is only in Finnish...  I may have to do everything via Google Translate haha.  Sigh...

https://miriam.mycashflow.fi/

It looks like they only ship to Finland. But you can ask if they are willing to send abroad here:
https://miriam.mycashflow.fi/page/2/ota-yhteytta

Nimi = name
Sähköposti = email
Viesti = message

Also miriam@miriammetal.com
jusma
jusma
Finnish Metal Master

Back to top Go down

Post by jusma Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:10 am

metaldude wrote:I'm officially sold on The Rain. This one did it for me.

I like that one too. The Rain was formed in 1988 and they quit this year. I started to think how popular they would have been if their language had been english instead of finnish. But they had a great ministry in Finland as a band.
jusma
jusma
Finnish Metal Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:26 pm

I messaged Miriam on Facebook and they said they're still working out details for distribution outside of Finland but to stay tuned to their FB page for more news on that as it gets figured out.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:11 pm

Anyone have the new Miriam?  I FINALLY got it ordered from Record Shop X in Finland (and shipping was surprisingly very affordable!).  It should be in soon.  santa

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by jusma Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:59 pm

Nope, let us know if you like it
jusma
jusma
Finnish Metal Master

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:18 pm

Kerrick, I think our Finnish brothers have been holding out on us. I was hunting for information on the new Miriam album and stumbled across this band, Six Colder.

You can download their music for free here.

https://sixcolder.bandpage.com
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:19 pm

Hmm, they sound good though not quite my style... a little too nu-metal for my tastes.  Are they a Christian band?

(My Miriam CD came in yesterday but I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet!)

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus1987 Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:36 am

Kerrick wrote:Hmm, they sound good though not quite my style... a little too nu-metal for my tastes.  Are they a Christian band?

(My Miriam CD came in yesterday but I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet!)
For what I know, Six Colder isn't a christian band. Though their ex-guitarist Jani Mäkinen is a christian. In the 90's Jani played in the christian thrash metal band called Sanctify.
Markus1987
Markus1987
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by jusma Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:33 am

We forgot to add Wingdom and Mehida to the list:

jusma
jusma
Finnish Metal Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Snert I Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:27 pm

Oh, I'll have to listen to a lot of bands now, though I normally want to understand the lyrics and be able to sing along.

Many will know them, but I'd like to add Random Eyes.

I only have the first album "Eyes ablaze" - I'm not quite sure if the lyrics of the later albums also have the christian influence.

HB and Oratorio are probably well known and were mentioned in the other thread (as was Gloriam Dei), so I'm not sure if they fit this thread.

Snert I
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus1987 Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:22 pm

Snert I wrote:Many will know them, but I'd like to add Random Eyes.

I only have the first album "Eyes ablaze" - I'm not quite sure if the lyrics of the later albums also have the christian influence.
Their first 2 albums, "Eyes Ablaze" and "Invisible", have a very clear Christian influence, but for what I know the later albums lack in that a lot. They are not bad, but it's just not the same. And the band has also had a few changes in their line-up, leaving lead singer Christian as the only original member of the band.
Markus1987
Markus1987
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:06 am

Resurrecting an old thread...  Smile

I got that Wingdom CD some time ago and absolutely love it.  I regret waiting so long to get it!  I also ordered Mehida's two albums and look forward to those arriving.

I just got Miriam's latest album Murrun ja vaikenen which is really quite nice.  It's a collection of acoustic versions of songs from their first two albums (with one exception which I'm not familiar with).  I'm really impressed with how they breathed new life into these songs and gave them totally different feels yet still remain familiar.  Recommended!  Also, I gotta give a big thanks to the band member who fought many hassles with their postal service to ship me the CD.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:35 pm

^I had a quick listen to the new Miriam and it was just too polished for my tastes.  
 I prefer Karu Maa and Vertaistukiryhmä.  Very underrated band though.

Looking forward to new material from OneMustFall and Gloriam Dei.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:22 pm

It is pretty polished sounding, though at least to my ears no more than their other albums.  And for music like this, I think it's fitting.  I agree that they're a very underrated band either way!

I'm looking forward to those releases as well, though I still am hoping to find Gloriam Dei's debut on CD too.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:04 pm

Kerrick wrote:
I'm looking forward to those releases as well, though I still am hoping to find Gloriam Dei's debut on CD too.
Ha!  Good luck with that one.  I searched high and low for a CD of "The Covenant" and it never came up anywhere.  
I even scoured the shops in Finland on the web.  Found a few other rare things but not that one.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:42 am

Mehida can be a bit weird but I like their debut. I didn't really feel their second one though.

On the topic of Finnish bands, Gloriam Dei is picking up steam with their sophomore album.
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:30 pm

Constantine wrote:
Kerrick wrote:
Ha!  Good luck with that one.  I searched high and low for a CD of "The Covenant" and it never came up anywhere.  
I even scoured the shops in Finland on the web.  Found a few other rare things but not that one.

Ah dang.  I've attempted to reach out to the band a couple times on FB but never got any responses.  I may have to accept digital only haha.

Andreas89 wrote:Mehida can be a bit weird but I like their debut. I didn't really feel their second one though.

I only sampled a handful of their songs but I dug 'em enough to buy the CDs.  Weird is fine by me; I'm looking forward to them arriving and listening to the full albums!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:01 pm

Kerrick wrote:
Constantine wrote:
Kerrick wrote:

Ah dang.  I've attempted to reach out to the band a couple times on FB but never got any responses.  I may have to accept digital only haha.

Andreas89 wrote:Mehida can be a bit weird but I like their debut. I didn't really feel their second one though.

I only sampled a handful of their songs but I dug 'em enough to buy the CDs.  Weird is fine by me; I'm looking forward to them arriving and listening to the full albums!
I really like the debut of Mehida. It has great songs, amazing production value and a really nice guitar tone. Style-wise the second album was alright but the production was way worse. It took a lot of life out of it. I should go back and re-listen though. It's been years now.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:05 pm

^Gotcha.  In most cases, I'm able to overlook not-so-good production unless it's REALLY bad.  My CDs shipped out a little over a week ago so hopefully not too much longer until I'm able to crank 'em!

I revisited some of the songs by The Rain and that is just what the doctor ordered!  I gotta track down their CDs...

Also, the more I listen to Miriam's new acoustic album, the more I love it.  I didn't know what to expect but I can't seem to get enough of it.  Highly recommended!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by jusma Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:41 pm

For you who like melodic power metal in the vein of Rob Rock, Theocracy, Harmony, Stratovarius, Edguy etc, check out Preterist. It's kind of a one man project (from Finland) with Grimmark doing guitars. I have listened Blood Moon Rising now for few times and I think it is excellent! Don't worry too much about the name Preterist if that's what you're thinking. Lyrics can be found here:
https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Preterist/Blood_Moon_Rising/1062712
Not sure where to buy the album yet..

Here is one pretty nice song from the album:
jusma
jusma
Finnish Metal Master

mothy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:36 pm

Thanks, I just purchased Preterist.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Christian metal Horde likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next