The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The band or the artist...

3 posters

Go down

The band or the artist... Empty The band or the artist...

Post by Soldier777 Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:14 pm

Are any of you into a band and not into an artist or like both the artist and the band?

For example, I love the Rez Band but I cannot get into Glen Kaiser or the Glen Kaiser Band. I like Whitecross but I cannot get into Scott Wenzel.

In the other hand, I like both Shout and Ken Tamplin and just about anything that Rob Rock has sang on. I first got the Angelica debut CD and then his solo CDs and it just went on from there and now I have 22 Cds that he sang on including Driver, MARS, Impellitteri and Joshua.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

The band or the artist... Empty Re: The band or the artist...

Post by Guest Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:54 pm

I am usually into bands and I hardly ever enjoy solo careers.
I always say that I am into band efforts, because you have more creativity, more influences...

I guess Rob Rock is the only solo artist I like that came from a band. But I prefer to hear him in Impellitteri.

Back to top Go down

Post by Throne of thorns Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:18 pm

oh man I love Rez and anything Glenn is in I will instantly dig. Even his praise and worship album all my days I have and believe me I am pretty anti that kind of thing but that album has a special place inside for me and it is really a sad sort of album. Love his blues stuff.
Other than that I can't think of anything solo unless horde falls under that....hmmm
Throne of thorns
Throne of thorns
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:45 am

Almost always the band is better.  A band has several musicians/creative minds working on an album while a solo artist has just himself.  Usually I enjoy both though.  I like Michael Sweet but I like Stryper better.  I like Mike Roe but I like The 77's better.

Exception: Steve Taylor is better solo than with Chagall Guevara.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down