The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is your "good news"?

4 posters

Go down

What is your "good news"? Empty What is your "good news"?

Post by bjorn agin 5/8/2015, 7:58 am

(I'm posting this to hopefully encourage someone, not start a theology debate.)

I was reminded about something the other day when I heard someone say something from a legalistic point of view. Over the last few years I've discovered a few things (or perhaps had a fresh revelation of something I already knew) in my walk with God.

1) God is infinitely, overabundantly, way way way more loving towards me (and the whole world) than I ever gave Him credit for. As a result I've been learning to receive that love (not be so hard on myself) and try to give that love to others.
2) God is also way more gracious and merciful than we give him credit for.

With the above two points in mind, I feel more free to be able to go share the "good news" of the gospel. I don't have the burden of performance that I put on myself where I was trying (and failing) to try to please God by my works. God is already pleased with me because of Jesus' blood covering my life.

That's not saying I don't sin, or that I don't blow it. But I have a savior who loves and forgives abundantly.

I feel free to love, free to share His good news. (I just wish I had more opportunities and a mouth that was more bold to do so to be honest.)

Do you feel free to love this world the way God does?
Do you feel free to share the gospel?

If not, perhaps it's time to rediscover afresh God's good news of love, grace, and most importantly Jesus in a new way.
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

What is your "good news"? Empty Re: What is your "good news"?

Post by d@v!d 5/8/2015, 3:03 pm

Did someone mention theology debate?! Where do I sign up?...

In all seriousness though, I'm happy to hear you believing the gospel. The message of the gospel is critical for us todos los días.

It seems like you are experiencing the wonderful freedom from meditating on the gospel. It's easy to get into a performance works mentality.

What has kept me from feeling free to share the gospel in the past is shame from sin and a desire not to be a hypocrite. It's good to try to be consistent as it often does more harm to be sharing the gospel while living a life of outward unrepentant sin.

The other component besides the grace of the gospel for forgiveness that has taken me many years to discover and understand is the reality that I must seek God personally for my satisfaction. To put it into context, when I came to faith, I did so just to escape wrath (hell), not to fall in love  with my creator. Really, I never truly wanted to repent of my sin, but only tried to do so because I saw it as a requirement to be saved. Thus for many years I have lived a conflicted life trying to do what is right while not really wanting to do so. Part of the problem also stemmed from the fact that the gospel I first knew was what one reads on a Chick tract. That version of the gospel never answers well what to do about one persistent sinful desires. You know, like why if I'm saved I don't love God?

My good news is that the grace I find in the gospel not only allows me freedom from my guilt, but also grace to change.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/8/2015, 7:03 pm

Monkey Biz

Last edited by Mortal on 28/8/2015, 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/8/2015, 7:13 pm

d@v!d wrote:Did someone mention theology debate?! Where do I sign up?...

In all seriousness though, I'm happy to hear you believing the gospel. The message of the gospel is critical for us todos los días.

It seems like you are experiencing the wonderful freedom from meditating on the gospel. It's easy to get into a performance works mentality.

What has kept me from feeling free to share the gospel in the past is shame from sin and a desire not to be a hypocrite. It's good to try to be consistent as it often does more harm to be sharing the gospel while living a life of outward unrepentant sin.

The other component besides the grace of the gospel for forgiveness that has taken me many years to discover and understand is the reality that I must seek God personally for my satisfaction. To put it into context, when I came to faith, I did so just to escape wrath (hell), not to fall in love  with my creator. Really, I never truly wanted to repent of my sin, but only tried to do so because I saw it as a requirement to be saved. Thus for many years I have lived a conflicted life trying to do what is right while not really wanting to do so. Part of the problem also stemmed from the fact that the gospel I first knew was what one reads on a Chick tract. That version of the gospel never answers well what to do about one persistent sinful desires. You know, like why if I'm saved I don't love God?

My good news is that the grace I find in the gospel not only allows me freedom from my guilt, but also grace to change.
cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin 6/8/2015, 1:26 am

D@vid, that's awesome. You've given me some stuff to meditate on.

I'm amazed how easily we can get tripped up in little things,  and how those little things rob us from the freedom to share the gospel.
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/8/2015, 4:10 am

Monkey Biz

Last edited by Mortal on 28/8/2015, 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/8/2015, 4:30 am

Monkey Biz

Last edited by Mortal on 28/8/2015, 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/8/2015, 4:53 am

Monkey Biz

Last edited by Mortal on 28/8/2015, 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by metallikitty 7/8/2015, 4:51 am

My good news is I am thankful for Christ and what He has done for me - and everyone who knows Him, and God thru Him.

I love to be reminded throughout my day, finding or seeing or reading or hearing things that bring my faith to mind. Sometimes it is the message in a song... I work as a cashier and sometimes the people I am cashing out will be buying a Bible, or wearing a cool hat or shirt, or have a tattoo, signifying they are in 'the family' so to speak.

One thing that I love is there is a particular brand of snack food my store sells called Brim's and the bags all have different Bible verses on the back. Always makes me smile when those come thru my line.... Oh and tonight after closing when we were straightening the store I found a plastic barrette of the word "Faith" with two hearts. Right now I am enduring some psychologically painful daily trials due to my living situation, and that really was like a hug from above.

metallikitty
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by metallikitty 7/8/2015, 4:56 am

Chick tracts can be so unfortunate. The intention is good, but I agree, some are just 'off' and potentially harmful. I have thought about doing a blog analyzing and rating each one. Funny this is mentioned, as I also just came across a small box containing about 20 in my closet last night!

metallikitty
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/8/2015, 9:24 am

Well put, MK.

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom 8/8/2015, 1:22 pm

I have good news I would like to share this week.

God answered prayers for an uneventful lengthy flight.
God answered prayers that my daughter's dog made a full recovery within 24 hours.
God lined up work for me through May.

These events may sound minor and trivial but it's reassuring that God listens to what is on the heart.

NOTE: Not everything I pray for comes to pass and especially so quickly. It's all about His will and His timing.
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down