The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another example of what I hate about Facebook

+8
Blake
Hardcore Christian
alldatndensum
Candlemass
eatbugs
bjorn agin
Staybrite
metaldude
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Another example of what I hate about Facebook  Empty Another example of what I hate about Facebook

Post by Guest Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:53 am

Facebook has been an invaluable tool for me to interact with bands, and I have some very good friends on it.

Personally, I don't post too often. Just a couple times a week. Usually it's me just forwarding a news article or a funny meme, every once in a while I go on a tirade about some social issue or tell a funny story about something that happened to me.

But there is a dark side to it too..

And one is those fiends..er..I mean friends...that feel the need to share tons of YouTube music videos daily (because we are obviously so incapable of using YouTube ourselves) or the ones that feel the need to share tons of Christian memes daily to prove to themselves and everyone else that they are Christian.

Then there are the ones who feel the need to share every little insignificant part of their life through photos...

Example, no lie... I just had a friend who made a series of posts using videos and photos of him barbecuing. No lie. Nothing special mind you, just a standard barbecue, with hamburgers.

Here's a video of the barbecue smoking
Here's a video of the barbecue shooting flames
Here's a photo of the burgers
Here's a photo of the burgers with cheese.

Of course, you got all of the selfie kings and queens too... Like we forgot what the heck you looked like since yesterday .. Sheesh

Facebook would be such a great place if it wasn't for the people. Wink

Back to top Go down

Another example of what I hate about Facebook  Empty Re: Another example of what I hate about Facebook

Post by metaldude Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:32 am

metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Another example of what I hate about Facebook  Empty Re: Another example of what I hate about Facebook

Post by Staybrite Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:42 am

I had to hide my wife's cousin.  She is a 40 year old first time mother.  For the last two years she has posted on average 3 to 8 pictures every week of her baby boy and absolutely nothing else...nothing.  I couldn't take it anymore, I had to hide her from my feed.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:31 am

What really bugs me is when people take Facebook way too seriously.

I have had to remove family members from my friends list because of that, and even that was taken way too seriously.

I was accused of trying to "de-family" some of my family members.

If Facebook is the glue that keeps our relationship together, then it probably wasn't that strong to begin with.

And these folks should realize that I have not totally blocked them. They can still communicate with me if they wanted to.

Last edited by Mortal on Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:33 am

metaldude wrote:

lol!

Still have never seen this movie  Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:36 am

Staybrite wrote:I had to hide my wife's cousin.  She is a 40 year old first time mother.  For the last two years she has posted on average 3 to 8 pictures every week of her baby boy and absolutely nothing else...nothing.  I couldn't take it anymore, I had to hide her from my feed.

I just unfriended that barbecue guy....was only a Facebook friend through a mutual Facebook friend (Rabid Rob, actually..lol..long before the whole thing went nuts) that I talked to rarely. He is constantly posting every single detail of what he is doing...I feel like yelling at him  THIS ISN'T TWITTER

I have some others I have had to stop "following" because of the constant baby pics, selfies, videos, memes...

Adding that option was the best thing FB has done

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:46 pm

NoOneHereCares wrote:I have some others I have had to stop "following" because of the constant baby pics, selfies, videos, memes...

Oh I agree.  I have had to "unfollow" several family members and close family friends just because their inane chatter or constant meme sharing was too much for me.  I have an aunt who doesn't work and will post between 5-20 facebook memes every single day.  I can't keep up with that much nonsense, but I wouldn't have the heart to "unfriend" her over it.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:55 pm

Another example of what I hate about Facebook  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNL6OAJzYBItm0lKiiMnxNSqNzPzmjj2WdnYTxgvpIkCjlCCrO

Yeah...What about those dumb posts that say things like...

Repost this...Because if you deny God, He will deny you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:11 pm

Staybrite wrote:
NoOneHereCares wrote:I have some others I have had to stop "following" because of the constant baby pics, selfies, videos, memes...

Oh I agree.  I have had to "unfollow" several family members and close family friends just because their inane chatter or constant meme sharing was too much for me.  I have an aunt who doesn't work and will post between 5-20 facebook memes every single day.  I can't keep up with that much nonsense, but I wouldn't have the heart to "unfriend" her over it.

I created a secret Facebook group with me and my kid, then booted him before he knew I had created it..lol

So now it's just me Smile

I use it to share stuff into it that I want to keep. I have photo albums, memes, etc

No one gets notified when I share into it.

Works better than the "save" feature

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:01 pm

Interesting idea.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:35 pm

Staybrite,

I love secret groups..

I also have one with my mom and son in it that I posted all of my family and trip photos from the last several years into.

So those two can see the photos and videos,  comment,  and even download. All without having to worry about anyone else seeing it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:12 pm

Does anyone else have those predictable friends who will post something about coffee every single morning?...

...or how about those predictable friends who complain every single Monday about how they hate Mondays?

...or how about people who take pictures of their food?

There are many reasons why Facebook is frustrating  Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:25 pm

Mortal wrote:Another example of what I hate about Facebook  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNL6OAJzYBItm0lKiiMnxNSqNzPzmjj2WdnYTxgvpIkCjlCCrO

That's an example of something I like to call Facebook Faith. It sounds a lot like Christianity, but isn't Christianity. It's the stuff along the lines of "Like if you love Jesus", or "1 share = 1000 prays" (not "prayers", prays)
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:09 pm

I guess I've been lucky in my Facebook friends.  I see all of the above occasionally in my news feed but nobody overdoes it.  Yes, I have a friend who only ever posts pictures of his food but he only does it about once a month, so I can live with that.

I'm the guy who mainly (but not exclusively) posts pictures of my kids.  Even then I make sure not to overdo it.

I use FB for 3 things:
1. To share pics of my kids, mostly at the request of my wife's mother so she can see them too.
2. To keep up on the lives of friends I haven't seen in years.  I have very close friends I'm not Facebook friends with - if he wants to know what's going on in my life he can call me.
3. To keep up on bands.  The last two concerts I've been to I only found out about through the bands promoting them on Facebook.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:24 pm

bjorn agin wrote:
Mortal wrote:Another example of what I hate about Facebook  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNL6OAJzYBItm0lKiiMnxNSqNzPzmjj2WdnYTxgvpIkCjlCCrO

That's an example of something I like to call Facebook Faith. It sounds a lot like Christianity, but isn't Christianity. It's the stuff along the lines of "Like if you love Jesus", or "1 share = 1000 prays" (not "prayers", prays)

Yes...Those things are annoying too.

I remember when the Ice Bucket Challenge was going on....I thought it was so dumb, and there were people defending it like it was the right thing to do because it was raising awareness for ALS.

I failed to see how dumping a bucket of ice on my head was going to enlighten anyone about ALS. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:03 am

metaldude wrote:

I can sing that song better than him...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:26 am

bjorn agin wrote:

It's basically guilting someone into taking action.  It's the Christianized version of a chain letter.   Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:38 am

If you want people to notice your Facebook page, I have learned a couple of things:

1.  DO NOT POST every day.

2.  Post only when it is something that means something to you.  People will see your passion and they will comment or at least 'like" it.

3.  Don't post a ton of videos that aren't yours or memes.  They just clutter up your News Feed and people will just hide that stuff so they don't see it.  Save memes for Pinterest.

4.  Enjoy the people you meet there who share similar interests as you by joining a couple of specialized groups.  I have more friends that I like to communicate with through groups than I do people that I see face to face that live around me.

5.  DO NOT feel bad about unfriending that crazy or annoying Facebook friend even if they are a co-worker, church member, relative, etc.  It is your page and you can have whoever you do or don't want as your "friend".

Follow alldat's etiquette rules for the ultimate Facebook experience.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:47 am

alldatndensum wrote:Follow alldat's etiquette rules for the ultimate Facebook experience.
I will now Very Happy
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:22 am

I have to admit I have been guilty a few times of chronicling my grilling
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:45 am

Never been on FB so it isn't a problem for me at all! If anyone wants to talk to me they can call on the phone. If they want me to see a photo they can text it to me.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:17 pm

Metal Blessing Radio wrote:I have to admit I have been guilty a few times of chronicling my grilling

I know I am guilty of being "that annoying person" on Facebook.

Sometimes I will even make an effort NOT to annoy someone, and it will end up annoying them.

You can't please everyone  Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Driven Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:29 pm

I'm just hoping that my Facebook isn't too loathsome. I post about cars and music a lot, and share many lame jokes.
Driven
Driven
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://danielbandfan.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:57 pm

Nah, never had any issues with your posts..

Though sometimes I don't get your humor
Sad

I think that is more due to age difference

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:58 pm

Alldat..

Never have have truer words been spoken than your etiquette rules..

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next