The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soldiers Under Command and Reborn..anniversaries...

2 posters

Go down

Soldiers Under Command and Reborn..anniversaries... Empty Soldiers Under Command and Reborn..anniversaries...

Post by Soldier777 Sat May 16, 2015 11:58 am

Time goes by so fast and as you may know, Soldiers Under Command was released 30 years ago in on May 16, 1985 and Reborn will be released 10 years ago on August 16, 2005. Soldiers Under Command was one of the albums that had a big impact on me even though I didn't purchase it on cassette in May 1986. Soldiers Under Command is one of my Favorite albums of all time and the title track is one of my all time favorite metal songs and is easily on the top 5 songs. Other rock/hard rock and metal albums that also had a big impact that was released that year or the year before was Daniel Band Run from the Darkness, Rez Band Bootleg, Hostage and Between Heaven and Hell and Petra Beat the System. I went from adult contemporary/rock in 1984 to full on rock/hard rock and metal in 1985.

Reborn was a comeback album for Stryper. I was glad to see them get back together in 2003 even though they were taking it one day at a time. Reborn confirmed their reunion on a permanent basis. I heard samples before the album was released and even though this was not the album with the double solos and the harmonies and instead had a modern hard rock/metal sound, they were back in full force. Murder By Pride and No More Hell to Pay were much better albums in my opinion but Reborn helped secured their come back. I am looking forward to their next release Fallen that will be out in only a few months.

Last edited by Soldier777 on Sat May 16, 2015 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Soldiers Under Command and Reborn..anniversaries... Empty Re: Soldiers Under Command and Reborn..anniversaries...

Post by V.I.M. Sat May 16, 2015 12:52 pm

Run From The Darkness and Soldiers Under Command are 2 of my favourite albums ever.  Like your post titled 'Sildiers'!!!  lol!

V.I.M.
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Soldiers Under Command and Reborn..anniversaries... Empty Re: Soldiers Under Command and Reborn..anniversaries...

Post by Soldier777 Sat May 16, 2015 10:35 pm

Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down