The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

30th Anniversary of Soldiers Under Command is approaching...

4 posters

Go down

30th Anniversary of Soldiers Under Command is approaching... Empty 30th Anniversary of Soldiers Under Command is approaching...

Post by Soldier777 Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:40 pm

As you may know, it will soon be the 30th anniversary of one of the most influential Christian hard rock/metal albums for me and thousands of others...Soldiers Under Command. I didn't get this on cassette until much later in May 1986 and letter that year during the summer I purchased Rez Band Bootleg and Hostage on cassette. I have this and all their other albums on CD. My forum name Soldier777 is taken from the title. This CD has 3 of my all time Stryper tunes, Soldier Under Command, Makes Me Wanna Sing and Surrender. There are other great ones too like Rock That Makes Me Roll, Reach Out, Waiting for a Love That's Real and First Love and Together As One. I am wondering if Stryper has something planned this year for this monumental album. Maybe a rerelease with bonus unreleased tracks.

The funny thingis that if you read the notes on the Can't Stop the Rock booklet, it says Soldiers was released on May 16, 1985. The Stryper Website says August 1985. I'm thinking August is the correct date. Can anyone verify? I'll have to look at Michael Sweet's book. All the other albums release dates are matching.

Was anything done as an anniversary for The Yellow and Black Attack?
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

30th Anniversary of Soldiers Under Command is approaching... Empty Re: 30th Anniversary of Soldiers Under Command is approaching...

Post by Follower of Jesus Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:08 am

I ordered one of the limited edition t-shirts they're doing for 30 year anniversary of SUC.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

30th Anniversary of Soldiers Under Command is approaching... Empty Re: 30th Anniversary of Soldiers Under Command is approaching...

Post by Guest Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:09 pm

Had to pass on that.  $37.77 a pop is way too much for me.  Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:27 pm

..this is one of Stryper albums that I will always enjoy listening too.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtreads Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:57 am

Follower of Jesus wrote:I ordered one of the limited edition t-shirts they're doing for 30 year anniversary of SUC.
wearing the THWTD angles shirt now Smile
bigtreads
bigtreads
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down