The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If You Had To......... Tourniquet

+22
bjorn agin
bodachi
Superjuice
6stringgrind
sentient 6
Black Rider
messiaen77
Pershing1134
metalh
timekeeper
cailen
Friday13th
Candlemass
alldatndensum
Grindboy
Kerrick
pathogenics_cloned_twin83
metaldude
eatbugs
Blake
bassdude
Hardcore Christian
26 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

If you could only keep one Tourniquet album which would it be?

If You Had To......... Tourniquet - Page 2 I_vote_lcap24%If You Had To......... Tourniquet - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 24% 
[ 9 ]
If You Had To......... Tourniquet - Page 2 I_vote_lcap24%If You Had To......... Tourniquet - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 24% 
[ 9 ]
[ 9 ]
If You Had To......... Tourniquet - Page 2 I_vote_lcap8%If You Had To......... Tourniquet - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]
If You Had To......... Tourniquet - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%If You Had To......... Tourniquet - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
If You Had To......... Tourniquet - Page 2 I_vote_lcap11%If You Had To......... Tourniquet - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 4 ]
If You Had To......... Tourniquet - Page 2 I_vote_lcap3%If You Had To......... Tourniquet - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
If You Had To......... Tourniquet - Page 2 I_vote_lcap8%If You Had To......... Tourniquet - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 38

If You Had To......... Tourniquet - Page 2 Empty Re: If You Had To......... Tourniquet

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2015 1:48 pm

savage amusement wrote:None of the above..I absolutely hate this band and Ted and his animal rights thing really agitates me..I will never ever support this band..

A Christian's "animal rights" crusade bothers you so you don't listen but you willingly listen to bands who openly mock our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ? Something is amiss here.

Back to top Go down

If You Had To......... Tourniquet - Page 2 Empty Re: If You Had To......... Tourniquet

Post by pathogenics_cloned_twin83 Wed May 13, 2015 2:42 pm

Don't forget 'Stereotaxic Atrocities' on Psycho Surgery
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://www.facebook.com/#!/derrick.williams.5667

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed May 13, 2015 4:15 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
Hardcore Christian wrote:
savage amusement wrote:Ted and his animal rights thing really agitates me
Thats why I dislike everything after Leniare and Ritter left
The animal rights stuff has been there since the beginning.  See "Ark of Suffering" on Stop the Bleeding.
I understand that but not every song had something about eating veggie burgers Very Happy
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Wed May 13, 2015 10:56 pm

Candlemass wrote:Haven't spun Vanishing in a very long time, may have to soon, can't even remember what it sounded like...

Spun it today, quite good, but still my least favorite from the Luke era, not counting "Cattle Savior."
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Wed May 13, 2015 10:57 pm

Adam wrote:
savage amusement wrote:None of the above..I absolutely hate this band and Ted and his animal rights thing really agitates me..I will never ever support this band..

A Christian's "animal rights" crusade bothers you so you don't listen but you willingly listen to bands who openly mock our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ? Something is amiss here.
 Word up.
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed May 20, 2015 8:01 pm

POD is my fave followed closely by Psychosurgery. I also really enjoy VL, WMARD, and even Crawl to China and AB. I listen to them while I eat my bacon.  Cool
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Wed May 20, 2015 9:56 pm

..hey ! A Black Rider sighting !
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Wed May 20, 2015 10:03 pm

POD without a doubt. This album I feel is their " Master of Puppets. "
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Wed May 20, 2015 10:11 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
The animal rights stuff has been there since the beginning.  See "Ark of Suffering" on Stop the Bleeding.

I actually agree with, and like that song. That is an example of how they dealt with this subject in a more balanced way. Plus......its just one song. In comparison to half album and a whole one completely devoted to the topic.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by 6stringgrind Wed May 20, 2015 11:23 pm

I still want to know what Ted thinks about God's requirement of animal sacrifice in the Bible. I've asked him a couple times but he never answers. Wink

6stringgrind
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu May 21, 2015 12:26 am

Hey sentient, how you be?
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Thu May 21, 2015 10:12 am

Zero votes for Crawl to China?  Chris Jericho must not post here.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu May 21, 2015 11:02 am

I can enjoy quite a bit of Crawl to China but it has some filler.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Thu May 21, 2015 12:09 pm

Black Rider wrote:I can enjoy quite a bit of Crawl to China but it has some filler.

Ditto.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 21, 2015 12:53 pm

6stringgrind wrote:I still want to know what Ted thinks about God's requirement of animal sacrifice in the Bible. I've asked him a couple times but he never answers. Wink
This kind of thing only happened in the old testment, the age of the law, before Jesus sacrifice.

With such a question, you mean that God doesn't care about animals, I guess. In this case, someone could say: "What God thinks about humans, as He once flooded the Earth and saved Noah's family only?"

Even though I am more concerned with hunger as well as many children issues around the world, I thank God for people like him who stand for some minority. I am pretty sure that God doesn't approve any hunting for sport or any evil treatment to animals.

But tell me, what about you? What do you stand for? Do you stand for something?

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu May 21, 2015 2:27 pm

The point is God showed told his people to kill animals as sacrifice, showing a difference in creatureliness, that we are made in God's image not the animals. I'm not for random misuse and torture of animals but they are our food as per God.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 21, 2015 2:36 pm

Black Rider wrote:The point is God showed told his people to kill animals as sacrifice, showing a difference in creatureliness, that we are made in God's image not the animals. I'm not for random misuse and torture of animals but they are our food as per God.
He also told Noah that He was going to destroy the world...and many were killed...we are regarding the same thing here.

Let me explain through another point of view. God told his people to sacrifice animals and offer to him. He also led His people through several wars in which many people were sacrificed. Then if God was careless about the animals, anyone can say the same about people...

And as far as I am concerned, Tourniquet doesn't condemn people for eating meat, they condemn experience with animals, hunting for sport, and careless about animals...By the way, I love eating meat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Thu May 21, 2015 2:40 pm

eatbugs wrote:
Black Rider wrote:I can enjoy quite a bit of Crawl to China but it has some filler.

Ditto.
I could vote for Crawl, since I haven't voted yet, and totally CRASH THE BOARDS!!!!
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Thu May 21, 2015 8:17 pm

Have you noticed Ted hasn't been around promoting his new Kickstarter for a vinyl reissue of POD?
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Fri May 22, 2015 8:13 am

Who can blame him after the way he got dog piled here.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi Fri May 22, 2015 8:38 am

metaldude wrote:Who can blame him after the way he got dog piled here.
Oh, those poor dogs.  We, as stewards of God's creation, should do more to prevent these dog piles from occurring in the first place...
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi Fri May 22, 2015 8:45 am

some guy wrote:I hate Ted's message and every album after Guy left
The original question is:  what album could you not live without?

And we wonder why Tourniquet threads almost always get locked.

What did most of us learn growing up?  If you can't say something nice, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF.  No one is entitled to your opinion.

If you don't like a band, why bother ruining the thread and the good time of everyone who DOES like the band?
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin Fri May 22, 2015 10:46 am

I voted for Psychosurgery. I like POD too, but Psychosurgery was the first album I picked up by them and I like it a bit better.

I'm a little surprised to see not much love for Vanishing Lessons. Sure it was a departure from the first three, but it's still a decent album. I like it better than C2C.
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkFireDragoon Fri May 22, 2015 9:03 pm

Stop the Bleeding--my favorite album of all time. Psycosurgery is a very, VERY close second though.
DarkFireDragoon
DarkFireDragoon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkfVdrtLcRs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 22, 2015 9:15 pm

Bodachi, he can come to the thread and say that he dislike the band. Is his right and the forum rules allow us to do such a thing.

From my point of view, if everybody has the same opinion as you, then there is no need for forums.

If he hates the message is ok, whst matters is that it doesn't bothers me, even though I agree that their first three album are much better than the others. Not only because of guy(who wasn't that talented),but also because of Gary Lenaire. Gary played on Vanishing lessons, but from that album and ahead tourniquet seemed to become a one man effort (Ted).

The Luke voice also bothers me as well, even though the albums MVoTR and WMaRD have some good moments.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next