The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ted Kirkpatrick / Tourniquet - THE SLAVE RING - featuring Mattie Montgomery, Chris Poland, and Nick Villars

+9
Jessrox
Candlemass
d@v!d
lhversaw
Kerrick
Hardcore Christian
johnnycanuck
Galations6.7
Ted Kirkpatrick
13 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Ted Kirkpatrick / Tourniquet - THE SLAVE RING - featuring Mattie Montgomery, Chris Poland, and Nick Villars - Page 4 Empty Re: Ted Kirkpatrick / Tourniquet - THE SLAVE RING - featuring Mattie Montgomery, Chris Poland, and Nick Villars

Post by sentient 6 Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:10 pm

I ended up reading all the lyrics from the album just so I could get a real radar fix on song topics. And I must say that I think Ted has got some real inbalance here. I really feel that anytime you set a standard that is higher than Gods, your view is unbiblical. And I feel that Ted is holding other Christians to a standard that the Word of God does not support. But I do like the music other than the " core " elements.

.....just my thoughts in general on the project.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Ted Kirkpatrick / Tourniquet - THE SLAVE RING - featuring Mattie Montgomery, Chris Poland, and Nick Villars - Page 4 Empty Re: Ted Kirkpatrick / Tourniquet - THE SLAVE RING - featuring Mattie Montgomery, Chris Poland, and Nick Villars

Post by Candlemass Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:32 pm

Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:41 pm

I always thought Ted was on the fringes of radical animal activism, but these last two releases have left no doubt that he's gone fully over the edge. The cover art on the last TqT lp is not only disturbing, but sacrilegious, I'd expect to see that from a band mocking the faith...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:12 am

Candlemass wrote:I'd expect to see that from a band mocking the faith...
I agree Wink
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:40 am

So Candlemass, let me ask you a question...

Since you seem to be unable to do anything in this thread without bringing up abortion, do you actually do anything about it or do you just complain about it in forums?

Because right or wrong, Ted gets out and makes a difference with his cause.

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:10 am

Pretty sure I made other posts in this thread not linked to abortion...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:28 am

Candlemass wrote:I always thought Ted was on the fringes of radical animal activism, but these last two releases have left no doubt that he's gone fully over the edge. The cover art on the last TqT lp is not only disturbing, but sacrilegious, I'd expect to see that from a band mocking the faith...
In other words, he's barking up the wrong tree?
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:29 am

Candlemass wrote:I'd call this rather sick and disturbing, even more so than what Vick did...

http://www.lifenews.com/2015/03/24/cnn-host-sally-kohn-is-raising-funds-to-pay-for-abortions-in-the-most-disgusting-way/
Wow, very disturbing.... 'Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.'
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:38 am

Candlemass wrote:Pretty sure I made other posts in this thread not linked to abortion...

Trying to make a point...

Seems like you keep trying to make this an abortion vs animal rights debate....which it isn't.

So if abortion is such a big deal for you, do you do ANYTHING about it?  Or do you just complain about it in forums? 

MY cause wasn't animal rights, btw...MY cause was that I didn't want a person (Vick) that I considered vile and disgusting to be the starting QB for my favorite NFL team.

To support my cause.....
- I signed the petitions when he was first signed.
- I boycotted anything to do with the Eagles while he was their QB (no following, watching, buying anything Eagles, even with a   playoff run I refused to watch or be a fan in anyway)
- My number one way of giving voice to my cause is that I made a pact not to spend ANY more money on game tickets, apparel, merchandise, etc etc as long as Reid coached the team or Lurie owns them because they had final say on bringing him in. That is at least $600-$800 a year (sometimes more) of finances that I no longer give to the Eagles because of their decision to bring him in. 

Doesn't sound like much? Maybe, but it is the best (only) way for me to be able voice my displeasure about him having been brought in.

I would have had the same reaction if they had brought in Adrian Petersen or Ray Rice, for example.

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:32 pm

No doubt not nearly as much as I should, but seeing how 99.999% of abortions are a direct result of sexual immorality, and now that I've been living a chaste life for over a year, at least that's a step in the right direction...

Since animals have no rights, I made this into no such debate...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:50 pm

Candlemass wrote:Since animals have no rights, I made this into no such debate...

Actually you did, as anytime a comment is made about animal abuse or rights you counter post with some abortion comment.

Laws govern mistreatment of certain animals. You can't leave a dog in your car in some areas, you can't physically abuse your dog, you can't chain them up in certain areas, etc etc...

Whether you call it "rights" or not, the fact that they are protected by law from being harmed or mistreated gives them certain "rights"...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:54 pm

Candlemass wrote:No doubt not nearly as much as I should, but seeing how 99.999% of abortions are a direct result of sexual immorality, and now that I've been living a chaste life for over a year, at least that's a step in the right direction...

So to answer my question, NO...you don't..

You simply try to bully your opinion onto others in the safe confines of a forum where you actually don't have to do anything.

typical

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:05 pm

And............ yet another Tourniquet thread devolved into animal rights again!  Time to lock...

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4