The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ted Kirkpatrick / Tourniquet - THE SLAVE RING - featuring Mattie Montgomery, Chris Poland, and Nick Villars

+9
Jessrox
Candlemass
d@v!d
lhversaw
Kerrick
Hardcore Christian
johnnycanuck
Galations6.7
Ted Kirkpatrick
13 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Ted Kirkpatrick / Tourniquet - THE SLAVE RING - featuring Mattie Montgomery, Chris Poland, and Nick Villars - Page 3 Empty Re: Ted Kirkpatrick / Tourniquet - THE SLAVE RING - featuring Mattie Montgomery, Chris Poland, and Nick Villars

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:41 am

sentient 6 wrote:
NoOneIsHere wrote:
..where I think a woman who has an abortion could just be scared.

I think you are kind of making my point of why abortion is the more important and pressing issue of our day. The secular has convinced the world ( and some christians ) that abortion is not what the orthodox christian world says it is.

You do realize that I have never said which issue is more pressing, right?

There are plenty of issues out there besides abortion, and besides dog fighting, that people need help with too.

And again, just so we are clear, my whole comparing the 2 has been simply to show the savagery of the person committing the act.

Back to top Go down

Ted Kirkpatrick / Tourniquet - THE SLAVE RING - featuring Mattie Montgomery, Chris Poland, and Nick Villars - Page 3 Empty Re: Ted Kirkpatrick / Tourniquet - THE SLAVE RING - featuring Mattie Montgomery, Chris Poland, and Nick Villars

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:44 am

sentient 6 wrote:
NoOneIsHere wrote:S6...

There are tons...literally tons...of forums / pages / groups that rant and rant about "baby limbs and decapitated heads"...  there really are...

You just aren't in the circles where that is prevalent ..but it is out there.

Among " peta " minded people ?

I am not "peta" minded.. Rolling Eyes  (just so we are clear)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:49 am

I do understand where you are coming from S6...

but remember, people will support the cause that they feel is dearest to them.

I will say that anti-abortionists, in general, have done their cause more harm than good by so many of them being such total a-holes about it.

Getting in the face of a scared 14 year old girl who was impregnated during a rape and calling her a murderer and shoving her around doesn't help the cause.

Blowing up buildings, doesn't help the cause.

Shooting abortion doctors or threatening to shoot them, doesn't help the cause.

It's kind of like Christians.

Keep acting obnoxious, keep acting unloving, keep acting crazy and judgmental......then people will eventually have enough of you and tune you out and everything you stand for.

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:54 am

NoOneIsHere wrote:
I agree that abortion is wrong....
But that doesn't mean that every conversation has to be about it.

Every person has a different cause that they feel led to support. There are some called to go against abortion, there are some called to go against human trafficking, there are some that are called to go against animal abuse, etc etc.

I'm curious, who gives this " calling " ?

My approach to any of these things is always a " Gospel centered " one. Only the Gospel of Jesus Christ can save a person from the sins that entangle them. Only the Gospel has the power to change the heart were they truly change their mind that what they do is evil and against Gods will. So, I am not in favor of Christians addressing these " causes " without first making the Gospel foremost improtant message. The Gospel should be the Christians cause. The " world " has a method and vison and its usually rooted in self-righteousness or a Godless form or morality.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:01 am

NoOneIsHere wrote:

There are plenty of issues out there besides abortion, and besides dog fighting, that people need help with too.

And again, just so we are clear, my whole comparing the 2 has been simply to show the savagery of the person committing the act.

..gotcha..
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:05 am

sentient 6 wrote:
NoOneIsHere wrote:

..gotcha..

lol

Just wanted to make sure that fact didn't get lost in all the posts....

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:08 am

NoOneIsHere wrote:I do understand where you are coming from S6...

I will say that anti-abortionists, in general, have done their cause more harm than good by so many of them being such total a-holes about it.

Getting in the face of a scared 14 year old girl who was impregnated during a rape and calling her a murderer and shoving her around doesn't help the cause.

Keep acting obnoxious, keep acting unloving, keep acting crazy and judgmental......then people will eventually have enough of you and tune you out and everything you stand for.

Thats why I say that the Gospel is the only thing that changes people. Any Christian that is in abortion ministries need to be Gospel-focused.

Last edited by sentient 6 on Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:21 am

NoOneIsHere wrote:A I don't automatically think a person who has an abortion is depraved. Misled? Yes. Making the wrong decision?

The sinful heart and mind can rationalize just about anything with a little prompting from society. When I think about this issue, I always think about what Christian men such as William Wilberforce had to contend with. The whole mind-set of the society of that time that rationalized the slave trade is not much different than the modern one today.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:32 am

sentient 6 wrote:

Thats why I say that the Gospel is the only thing that changes people. Any Christian that is in abortion ministries need to be Gospel-focused.

Agreed.

(this all started cause I said I couldn't root for Vick..lol)

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:46 am

Nor have some of the radical animal rights folks, going into a steakhouse and throwing blood on the walls, accusing others of "murder", calling for the death of some circus acts...btw, I did notice how you didn't add "radical" to your anti abortionists...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:15 am

And how many people have animal rights activists killed, Candlemass?

Really?

Anti-abortionist activists are far more violent.

Blowing up a clinic with a janitor in it is far worse than making PT Barnum give up their elephant act

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:37 am

Yeah..didn't use radical to describe any of the aformentioned groups... Lol

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:13 pm

NoOneIsHere wrote:And how many people have animal rights activists killed, Candlemass?

Really?

Anti-abortionist activists are far more violent.

Blowing up a clinic with a janitor in it is far worse than making PT Barnum give up their elephant act

You never want to judge the validity of a position or view based on how some people protest or stand against it. If abortion is killing another human being, the violent acts of others have no bearing on the right and wrong of abortion itself.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:37 pm

NoOneIsHere wrote:And how many people have animal rights activists killed, Candlemass?

I imagine through abortion, far more, since many have a very low view of humans...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:35 pm

....the song in question..

It’s a total betrayal of mans best friend
Sadistic intent always powers your greed
Splattered blood on the plywood walls
Serves to fuel your evil need

Lowlife world - No sign of humanity
Tear away - Another piece of me

Treadmill, anchor chain, needle and thread
Stitch up the wounds, to enter the pit again
Muzzle ripped to shreds, as you look on and cheer
Fight on cuz your retribution is near
Master I serve you as my body is destroyed
All I know is your wrath to avoid
Stuck in a world of hopeless violence
Kept alive by a cruel shroud of silence

No way out - Lose the fight means lose my life
Tormentor - Did I do you proud?

Hopeless violence, shroud of silence
We will find you in the deepest pit
Pull you from torture
You can count on it
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:04 pm

This thread was about a song?
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:12 pm

Candlemass wrote:This thread was about a song?

Hard to believe I know. Hard to believe, since we usually stay on topic 'round here.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:53 pm

Candlemass wrote:

I imagine through abortion, far more, since many have a very low view of humans...

We are talking about how many people activists have killed...not how many babies have died via abortion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:15 am

NoOneIsHere wrote:
Candlemass wrote:

We are talking about how many people activists have killed...not how many babies have died via abortion.

I know, that's what I was referring to, how many animal activists have killed via abortion...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:58 am

I was thinking about this. Who is this song for? Do we have young metalheads at the crossroads of getting into dog fighting? Dog fighting is illegal in the US. Most of the country sees it as terrible and our laws reflect that. On the other hand murder of the unborn is legal and most of country doesn't seem to get it as our laws reflect that.

Anyone ever see the movie Amores Perros? Young and confused about love, one of the main characters gets into dog fighting because he desperately needs money.

Why do people get into dog fighting? The love of money is the root of all kinds of evil.

Last edited by d@v!d on Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:56 am; edited 1 time in total
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:05 am

Never seen the movie, but someone being desperate and in need would not qualify as having a love for money...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:56 am

Candlemass wrote:Never seen the movie, but someone being desperate and in need would not qualify as having a love for money...
I agree, was more of a slightly connected musing.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:37 am

Not to get off topic, but this is a good song.

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:57 am

undead toaster wrote:Not to get off topic, but this is a good song.

Irrelevant post! Evil or Very Mad
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:00 am

d@v!d wrote:I was thinking about this. Who is this song for? Do we have young metalheads at the crossroads of getting into dog fighting? Dog fighting is illegal in the US. Most of the country sees it as terrible and our laws reflect that. On the other hand murder of the unborn is legal and most of country doesn't seem to get it as our laws reflect that.

Anyone ever see the movie Amores Perros? Young and confused about love, one of the main characters gets into dog fighting because he desperately needs money.

Why do people get into dog fighting? The love of money is the root of all kinds of evil.

QFT..Thumbs up
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next