The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Show me your best Queensryche-like bands from the 80's

+6
Staybrite
WildWorld
KingsRite
Temple of Blood
sentient 6
Superjuice
10 posters

Go down

Show me your best Queensryche-like bands from the 80's Empty Show me your best Queensryche-like bands from the 80's

Post by Superjuice Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:32 pm

So who was ape-ing the band at their peak?  What'd I miss out on?
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Show me your best Queensryche-like bands from the 80's Empty Re: Show me your best Queensryche-like bands from the 80's

Post by sentient 6 Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:22 pm

..which time period ?

After The Warning, their sound got more commercial. I like Rage and MIndcrime, but the first EP and Warning are by far my favorites. I would say many bands were influence by the early stuff with Crimson Glory being one notable example. I would say Fates Warning, but they came out at the same time. I believe both of their first release came out the same year in 84 ?

....Jacobs Dream comes to mind as well.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Show me your best Queensryche-like bands from the 80's Empty Re: Show me your best Queensryche-like bands from the 80's

Post by Guest Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:15 pm

Recon

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:58 pm

http://rateyourmusic.com/list/antreas72heep/do_it_like_ryche_/

The biggest QR clone IMHO is EN FORCE.   Their material just got reissued recently by Divebomb Records.  They have the singer and guitarist from HAVE MERCY:

The singer from POWER OF OMENS is definitely a Tate clone (or was in the 90s) but the rest of the band is more DREAM THEATER/FATES WARNING inspired:

Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by KingsRite Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:31 pm

KingsRite
KingsRite
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:02 pm

KingsRite wrote:Here you go: Queensryche Inspired Bands

lethal was on that list. Programmed is in my list of all-time favorites.

sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:22 pm

LETHAL was awesome but I like SCREAMER more:

Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:44 pm

Fifth Angel seemed to have a Queensryche vibe to me:

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:35 pm

This band "SATO" was accused of stealing the music from the song "Queen of the Reich" to create their song "Leather Warrior".  They hailed from the same region as Queensryche.  (sorry can't find a full length studio version of the song).

Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StarFire Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:45 pm

Staybrite wrote:This band "SATO" was accused of stealing the music from the song "Queen of the Reich" to create their song "Leather Warrior".  They hailed from the same region as Queensryche.  (sorry can't find a full length studio version of the song).

They must have ripped them off. That intro is almost completely identical! Shocked

I wish there was a band that captured the sound of Queensryche from my favorite album The Warning and the EP. Those albums rocked!
StarFire
StarFire
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:03 am

Crimson Glory is the best.
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Parched Earth Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:56 am

KingsRite wrote:Here you go: Queensryche Inspired Bands

That's a good list.  Sanvoisen is a good one on there.

IMO there are a number of Queen of the Reich sound-alike songs.  I'll have to dig through my collection to remind myself which songs  I am thinking of.
Parched Earth
Parched Earth
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Parched Earth Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:47 pm

Actually, now that I think about it, I meant that "The Lady Wore Black" is the Queensryche song with a lot of sound-alikes.  That SATO song intro definitely resembles Queen of the Reich.
Parched Earth
Parched Earth
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalGospel Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:36 am

They came much later in the 2000's and from Australia for that matter, but I thought Black Majesty had a definite Queensryche feel to them.

Crimson Glory are almost a clone-copy of Queensryche.

I always saw Crimson Glory as the heavier Queensryche.

I also saw some Queensryche sound in Sacred Warrior too.

MetalGospel
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down