The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many gun/shooting enthusiasts do we have here?

+20
shekkian
ThomasEversole
Driven
Blake
sentient 6
Hardcore Christian
Black Rider
Andreas89
New Creation
stringfellow_hawke
bassdude
_wes
guilty/forgiven
DavidCoats80
hellig
AlbertPike
d@v!d
Shao_Kahn
Kerrick
alldatndensum
24 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

How many gun/shooting enthusiasts do we have here? - Page 3 Empty Re: How many gun/shooting enthusiasts do we have here?

Post by Kerrick Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:25 am

Oh nice!  What kind of 1911 do you have?  That is my favorite gun.  flower

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

How many gun/shooting enthusiasts do we have here? - Page 3 Empty Re: How many gun/shooting enthusiasts do we have here?

Post by stringfellow_hawke Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:01 pm

Kerrick wrote:Oh nice!  What kind of 1911 do you have?  That is my favorite gun.  flower
https://www.americantactical.us/939/detail.html
stringfellow_hawke
stringfellow_hawke
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:46 pm

Nice dude!  I'm not familiar with those but I just did a quick internet search and folks are singing lots of praises for them.  Sounds like a great gun.  Here is what I've got for a 1911.  I've been extremely happy with it.  I had a Springfield A1 Loaded which was an absolute lemon.  I sent it back three times for them to fix stuff and it was never fully remedied.  I got rid of it, spent the extra $$$, and got myself a Les Baer.  I haven't regretted that for a minute.

And I just got word that my Ruger Mini 14 arrived to the shop!  After work I'll cruise down there to get my paperwork started on it.  Score!  Very Happy

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by stringfellow_hawke Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:16 pm

Now that is a beaut!
stringfellow_hawke
stringfellow_hawke
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:12 pm

I'm kind of partial to the Kimber models of 1911s myself.

http://www.kimberamerica.com/pistols/1911
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by stringfellow_hawke Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:43 pm

I'm sentient 6 wrote:I'm kind of partial to the Kimber models of 1911s myself.

http://www.kimberamerica.com/pistols/1911

They're nice!!  I'd love to have a raptor 

https://www.impactguns.com/kimber-stainless-ultra-raptor-ii-45-acp-3200196-669278321967.aspx
stringfellow_hawke
stringfellow_hawke
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:14 pm

Kimbers are nice, but my budget just won't allow me to have one.  I'll stick with Rugers as they are much less damaging to the ol' wallet.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by stringfellow_hawke Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:02 pm

I have to throw out there that my lcp ii is finicky.  Very picky with ammo.  The only defense round that has consistently cycled through without a problem has been the sig Sauer v crown.  Most of the time Winchester white box will cycle with no problem but today I had two hang ups.  Most of the time I can't get through a shooting session without a jam in that gun.
stringfellow_hawke
stringfellow_hawke
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:44 am

For target/fun guns, reliability is really nice but not a "must have."  For defensive weapons, it's an absolute must.  For a long time I had my 1911 as my home defense gun and I keep my Kahr PM9 handy for outings.  Both are exceedingly reliable and I'd trust my life on 'em.

But speaking of Rugers, I got my Mini 14!  It's so pretty.  Very Happy  I can't wait to shoot it but haven't had a chance yet.  I ordered a red-dot sight for it too.  Unfortunately, the 10-round magazines I bought don't fit...  Apparently, Ruger changed their Mini 14's quite a bit in recent years and so some of the older parts don't fit with the newer rifles.  So now I gotta figure out how to handle that.  Sigh...  But the 5-rounders it came with fit fine so it's not too big of an issue, just a hassle.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by stringfellow_hawke Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:42 pm

Thinking about trading for an lc9s or a glock
stringfellow_hawke
stringfellow_hawke
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:35 pm

^A friend of mine has a LC9 and I think he likes it but doesn't love it.  Hard to go wrong with a Glock, from what I hear.  Though for that type of gun, the Smith And Wesson M&P series handguns are a great way to go as well.  I've shot a few of them and like their feel over that of a Glock.  I think they have slightly more vertical grips too, which I like.

I had to send my Mini 14 in to Ruger to get it fixed and received it back last week.  I'm not sure what they did, but the magazines fit just fine in it now.  They replaced my trigger which is a LOT smoother than it was prior as well.  I'm not sure if that was just because they were being nice or if it was related to the magazine issue any.  But either way, the trigger feels great now.  Additionally, they even gave me a free 10-round magazine and a Ruger logo'd microfiber cloth!  I took it out to the range yesterday and it shot fine, though didn't seem as accurate as my AR-15 (which is hard to compare because I got a scope on my AR and a red-dot on the Mini, so much of the inaccuracy could be me).  I was still able to hit an 8.5x11" paper at 100 yards with it no problem.  I look forward to breaking that gun in a little more and also honing my skills.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Driven Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:58 am

I'd probably be into shooting if I'd had the chance to develop an interest. I've only ever toyed around with BB and pellet guns a few times when I was younger. Gun culture is much different in Canada, relatively few people have any.
Driven
Driven
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://danielbandfan.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:11 am

I thought guns were pretty much completely outlawed in Canada?

Well if you ever come down this way to visit, hit me up and I'll take you to the range.  Smile

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Driven Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:58 pm

They're not completely outlawed, by any means. I'm not familiar with the law, but I have several friends who have guns, usually longer guns. (And then there was the time I had to help move a gun safe for one of these friends…) They also have crossbows. Hunting is fairly popular here, shooting for the sake of shooting less so.

I guess for me it's like fishing. I've only ever gone fishing once or twice, mostly because my parents never got me into it. They aren't dead set against it, but they don't want to encourage it either.
Driven
Driven
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:34 pm

Gotcha.  For some reason I thought shooting was more restricted than that, but I'm glad to hear it's not.  Smile

Ha, I've helped move a gun safe as well...  That is not a fun activity!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:25 am

Help the ignorant European here. What is it about a gun safe? Heavy?
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:26 am

Yup, very.   pig   And intentionally so: that way it's harder to steal or break into.  It's great once it's where it'll be, but getting it there can be a difficult task!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:29 am

So kind of like a washing machine Razz
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:16 pm

Hahaha yeah, probably just about!  Though depending on the safe... you can find many much heavier!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Driven Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:38 pm

Oh, washing machines are a piece of cake compared to gun safes.
Driven
Driven
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:56 pm

alldatndensum wrote:How many of us own guns and like to shoot?
alldatndensum wrote:I just wondered who else has guns in their home.  Do you have your carry permit?

No, sort of, no and no.

Even though its been 12 years since I was convicted of a felony, I am still (by law) prohibited from using, owning or firing a gun.  Excluding my criminal record, I still have no interest in firearms.  

I think its common sense that if you like talking, shooting, owning guns and you can, then...   you should.  

My opinion of having these for home/self defense, is excessive, bordering on pointless.  ...but absolutely not "wrong".

DavidCoats80 wrote:love guns

Hey bro.  Good to see you.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Driven Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:47 pm

Is the firearm prohibition permanent or temporary? I don't know what the law is where you are, I'm just curious.
Driven
Driven
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:22 am

I just did some more research. Looks like being "felony free" for 10 years, someone can have their gun rights reinstated. ...so, I could own a gun.

That's something I'll keep in mind, but I'm not interested enough in firearms to go run out and buy one.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:02 am

^Being the fan of the 2nd Amendment as I am (and a Christian, therefore redemption playing a big role in my worldview)... I don't like the idea of citizens' right to bear arms being taken away permanently like that.  I realize that there are certain people who shouldn't have legal access to firearms - and having felonies is an easy spot to draw the line - but I'm glad to hear that there appears to be some discretion with that.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:00 am

Agreed. Smile

I also researched regarding voting. Looks like I could vote again as well. Like the gun thing, "last I knew" I was permanently barred from voting or owning/using a gun. I'm not sure if laws have changed since my conviction, or I just always assumed I couldn't anymore because of what someone said one time in one conversation, but either way... it sounds like there is at least SOME common sense in those laws.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next