The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The high profile person recently died thread

+62
HenrikB
ricky75228
jeffcorpse
Noods
HeavyLighter
Andreas89
Athanasius
crucifyd
TheDoctor394
Guitar Noir
New Creation
KaramKaram
NordicMoon91
alldatndensum
exo
Samson
Superjuice
ThomasEversole
BobtheBerean
srguenther
Hardcore Christian
metaldude
Deepfriar
Candlemass
nuclearwoods
MegaNorm64
Blake
TMLMKE
Professor_Valconian
ChosenNightwolf
TheDarkShadowRising
phydeaux72
eatbugs
deathisgain
FreeRangeBeliever
hellig
d@v!d
Ricky2112
shekkian
WildWorld
XenonLion
oteis
Black Rider
Staybrite
L8T
Created_to_Thrash
sentient 6
Kerrick
nerf_herder4444
Innocent Bystander
guilty/forgiven
FishingD
Gandalf the White
MikeInFla
Sutekh
Through The Dark Radio
Driven
holyrokker
nairtoons
messiaen77
Peter who was Vaak
oldschooldoom
66 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

The high profile person recently died thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The high profile person recently died thread

Post by WildWorld Tue May 13, 2014 8:12 am

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

The high profile person recently died thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The high profile person recently died thread

Post by Professor_Valconian Wed May 28, 2014 12:31 pm

Professor_Valconian
Professor_Valconian
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Location : In a meeting of the Society who puts things on top of other things

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor_Valconian Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:21 pm

Brady Bunch Star Ann B. Davis (Alice) Dead at 88.

The high profile person recently died thread - Page 12 Annbdavis_dead_at_88
Professor_Valconian
Professor_Valconian
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:27 pm

That is sad. Sad

OK everyone ... all together now ...

(This is season one's theme...apparently they changed it each year.  Monkey Biz )

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:28 pm

I know Ann dedicated her life to Christ so this is a joyous moment. Heaven will be that much cleaner and the meals that much better Smile
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:30 pm

That's cool! I was not aware of that.

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:06 am

“What you see on ‘The Brady Bunch’ was who she was,” Frey said. “She was a very faithful Christian person.”
Davis mostly retired from show business in the late 1970s to settle down in an Episcopal community.
“I’m convinced we all have a God-shaped space in us, and until we fill that space with God, we’ll never know what it is to be whole,” she told People.

Read more: http://ktla.com/2014/06/01/ann-b-davis-alice-on-brady-bunch-dies/#ixzz33TdH1aYv
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:04 pm

Controversial Jimi Hendrix producer Alan Douglas passes away at age 81.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/alan-douglas-dies/
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:28 pm

deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:50 pm

Only 56 ... that's right around the corner from me!

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:37 am

Casey Kasem, DJ of the American Top 40, has passed away this morning.
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/casey-kasem-dead-82-article-1.1830533
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:55 pm

Casey had been in poor health. A top 40 station here plays his old shows on Sunday. I love listening to the old countdowns.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:01 pm

Hall Of Famer Tony Gwynn lost his battle with cancer today.

The high profile person recently died thread - Page 12 Tony-gwynn-61614
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf the White Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:24 pm

MikeInFla wrote:Hall Of Famer Tony Gwynn lost his battle with cancer today.

The high profile person recently died thread - Page 12 Tony-gwynn-61614

No way! Despite being a die-hard Cardinals fan, I was always a fan of Tony. He played well and from what I saw, was a hell of a good guy. Sad.
Gandalf the White
Gandalf the White
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by nuclearwoods Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:31 pm

Does his son still play in the MLB?  I know he did a few years ago.
nuclearwoods
nuclearwoods
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:24 pm

He plays with the Phillies now.

The high profile person recently died thread - Page 12 Z
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:08 am

Eli Wallach passed on June 24. I'm sure I've seen other things he was in without realizing it was him, but for me, and probably for most people, he'll always be the "ugly" to Clint Eastwood's "good" and Lee Van Cleef's "bad". Apparently he was also in the Magnificent Seven; I should watch that again.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/25/showbiz/obit-eli-wallach/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:12 am

Meshach Taylor passed on Saturday, June 28. I know he was in Designing Women, but I never watched that show. I remember him as the very effeminate guy in Mannequin. Was there ever any indication in that movie that his character was gay, or was it just stereotypically assumed? It's been a long time since I've seen that movie, and I'm not sure I could sit through it again! LOL!

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/29/showbiz/actor-meschach-taylor-death/index.html?hpt=hp_c4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:19 am

Bobby Womack also died last week (June 27). I've never been into Soul or Motown music much, so I couldn't name any of his songs. But apparently he was in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame so he's worth mentioning in the thread I suppose.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/06/27/showbiz/bobby-womack-death/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor_Valconian Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:26 am

BearDad wrote:Eli Wallach passed on June 24. I'm sure I've seen other things he was in without realizing it was him, but for me, and probably for most people, he'll always be the "ugly" to Clint Eastwood's "good" and Lee Van Cleef's "bad". Apparently he was also in the Magnificent Seven; I should watch that again.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/25/showbiz/obit-eli-wallach/

Yup. I just watched Magnificent 7 a couple weeks ago. Eli was the villain ... as you would suspect.
Professor_Valconian
Professor_Valconian
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:39 am

Mikhail Gorbachev's Foreign Minister Eduard Shevardnadze Dies
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/07/07/us-georgia-shevardnadze-idUSKBN0FC0OQ20140707
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:51 am

The Outfield's guitarist and songwriter John Spinks died on Wednesday after a long battle with liver cancer. The melodic rock group enjoyed a string of top 40 hits in the 1980s. He was 60 years old.
The band's biggest hit "Your Love" hit no. 6 on the singles chart and helped propel their debut album, "Play Deep," to multi-platinum sales status in the U.S. The band's latest album was 2011's "Replay."
The band broke the sad news to fans with the following Facebook post: "It is with great sadness to inform you that John passed away at 09.55 on Wednesday 9th July 2014. He was 60 years old. As many of you know, he had been suffering from liver cancer for many years and bravely fought the disease until the very end. We are relieved that his passing was peaceful and painless.
"John was a loving husband, inspirational father, doting grandfather and gifted songwriter. His musical career started from a very young age and he wanted more than anything for people to listen and enjoy his music. He passed away knowing he achieved his ambition.
"If it were possible, we know John would have liked to have thanked each and every fan of The Outfield personally. He admired and respected the emails from thousands of loyal followers who commented on his music and enquired about his health. This alone, gave him motivation to battle through the sometimes dark days.
"We would like to thank you for 'Your Love' and the continued support you have given John throughout his career. He loved making music and playing his guitar. He found pleasure knowing that his music made people happy and bought them fond memories. He worked hard with many days in pain to finish the Replay album. There were times when he could barely pick up his guitar, but he refused to give up knowing he would disappoint fans. The hardest day for John was when he put his guitar in its case announcing his hands could no longer play.
"During the last months of his life, John, Tony and Alan wrote new material. What the future holds for this is unclear at the time of this writing.
"There is so much more we could say, but for now, we would like to grieve the loss of John.
"God bless you all.

During the 80's this was my favorite band.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:29 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf the White Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:28 pm

BearDad wrote:The last of The Ramones, Tommy Ramone.

A sad day for Punk music and it's fans.
Gandalf the White
Gandalf the White
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaNorm64 Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:36 am

It has just come to my attention that Victor Agnello, the original drummer for thrash metal band Laaz Rockit has died of Leukemia on the 1st of last month. He was only 50... R.I.P.
MegaNorm64
MegaNorm64
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next