The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Songs That Get Ruined By Lyrics (Bad Message, Swearing, etc.)

+6
Pethead
Superjuice
StevenCressler
Temple of Blood
Constantine
Christian Thrash Rules
10 posters

Go down

Songs That Get Ruined By Lyrics (Bad Message, Swearing, etc.) Empty Songs That Get Ruined By Lyrics (Bad Message, Swearing, etc.)

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:11 pm

I have too many lol. Psycho and We Are F***ing F***ed by Muse. Damage Inc., Dyers Eve, multiple songs from St. Anger, Hardwired by Metallica. I have more but I want to see what other people have to say.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Songs That Get Ruined By Lyrics (Bad Message, Swearing, etc.) Empty Re: Songs That Get Ruined By Lyrics (Bad Message, Swearing, etc.)

Post by Constantine Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:19 pm

Way too may to count.  A lot of hair metal for sure.  

And it's not just the lyrics, there are plenty of songs / bands that just project a negative, depressing attitude.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Songs That Get Ruined By Lyrics (Bad Message, Swearing, etc.) Empty Re: Songs That Get Ruined By Lyrics (Bad Message, Swearing, etc.)

Post by Temple of Blood Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:54 pm

75% of rock and metal songs
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Pethead, scottmitchell74 and seth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:01 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:75% of rock and metal songs
Fair lol.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:46 pm

Raining Blood by Slayer and The Conjuring by Megadeth. Such great songs musically, but one is about slaughtering angels and the other is about summoning a demon. I could put many more Slayer songs here though lol.

While I wish Dyer's Eve and Damage Inc. didn't say the F-bomb, it doesn't ruin the song for me at all.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Pethead and TZ75 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:43 pm

"Can't Catch Me" by Heaven's Edge

Superfluous f-bomb ruins the song.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:51 pm

Occasional F-bombs don't bother me, but I check out when they become nonstop or they're used sexually. 

I'm pretty sensitive to sexual lyrics, which makes it hard because I love hair metal. Also, my favorite band musically is Van Halen, but there are some songs I just can't enjoy anymore.  

Blasphemous/occult stuff is a no-no. That's why, as much as Kerrick keeps trying to force them on me, I can only listen to certain Slayer songs/albums.

It also helps to be aware of the worldview behind songs. This doesn't necessarily ruin stuff for me—I'm a big Rush fan, after all—but it can ruin stuff.

Last edited by Pethead on Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

MagnusPrime, scottmitchell74 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:56 pm

Blasphemous or Satanic stuff is the biggest stopper for me. Language I don't mind unless it's over-the-top, and there's rare times when I'm almost glad it's there for emphasis, even if I wouldn't put it there myself. Sexual lyrics can make me uncomfortable at times (unless they're more comedic), but I don't care too much. But once you start blaspheming God/praising Satan, I draw the line there... I just can't enjoy that.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Pethead, TZ75 and scottmitchell74 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmitchell74 Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:07 pm

Minor Threat - all of it.
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:20 pm

Even though Judas Priest are my fav band, I cant listen to Cathedral Spires (dont care for lines like "No Prayers can save us") or Gates of Hell. Shame as the former is one of their best songs musically.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm

StevenCressler wrote:Raining Blood by Slayer and The Conjuring by Megadeth. Such great songs musically, but one is about slaughtering angels and the other is about summoning a demon. I could put many more Slayer songs here though lol.

While I wish Dyer's Eve and Damage Inc. didn't say the F-bomb, it doesn't ruin the song for me at all.

The F-bomb once is tolerable. 

It’s the unnecessary and repetitive use that can be irritating. 

That’s one of my gripes with Suicidal Tendencies. They have more than a few with lots of F-bombs.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:28 pm

WildWorld wrote:Even though Judas Priest are my fav band, I cant listen to Cathedral Spires (dont care for lines like "No Prayers can save us") or Gates of Hell. Shame as the former is one of their best songs musically.
I take Cathedral Spires as saying it's so bleak nothing can save us, has an Armageddon feel. I'm more weirded out by Rob's homoerotic lyrics.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Kerrick, Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down