The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GUARDIAN: Buzz Vs. Bottle Rocket - Which Is The Better Album?

+9
zelote
eatbugs
Ammocas
Pro-Zak
P86ninja
Xid
Pethead
Black Rider
Constantine
13 posters

Go down

Buzz VS. Bottle Rocket - Which Is Better?

GUARDIAN: Buzz Vs. Bottle Rocket - Which Is The Better Album? I_vote_lcap87%GUARDIAN: Buzz Vs. Bottle Rocket - Which Is The Better Album? I_vote_rcap 87% 
[ 13 ]
GUARDIAN: Buzz Vs. Bottle Rocket - Which Is The Better Album? I_vote_lcap13%GUARDIAN: Buzz Vs. Bottle Rocket - Which Is The Better Album? I_vote_rcap 13% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 15

GUARDIAN: Buzz Vs. Bottle Rocket - Which Is The Better Album? Empty GUARDIAN: Buzz Vs. Bottle Rocket - Which Is The Better Album?

Post by Constantine Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:43 pm

Multiple Choice is allowed, so is changing your vote later.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

GUARDIAN: Buzz Vs. Bottle Rocket - Which Is The Better Album? Empty Re: GUARDIAN: Buzz Vs. Bottle Rocket - Which Is The Better Album?

Post by Black Rider Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:55 pm

Bottle Rocket but I honestly never listen to either when I want Guardian.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

GUARDIAN: Buzz Vs. Bottle Rocket - Which Is The Better Album? Empty Re: GUARDIAN: Buzz Vs. Bottle Rocket - Which Is The Better Album?

Post by Pethead Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:00 pm

I don’t think I’ve heard either album in its entirety—only select songs. I don’t remember minding what I heard, but I always go for the first 3 when I want Guardian.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Black Rider and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:05 pm

I finally checked them out in their entirety (more or less).  Fast-forwarding some tracks along the way.

I was surprised that I actually liked Buzz.  Bottle Rocket had it's high points but Buzz was more consistent IMO.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Xid Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:24 pm

I like both albums but if I had to choose between the 2, I'd pick Buzz.
Xid
Xid
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.joshuascreed.com

Constantine and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by P86ninja Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:28 pm

I really like both, but Buzz is my favorite of the two. I especially enjoy it as a Fall album.

P86ninja
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Constantine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:42 pm

Ok, I downloaded these albums on Apple Music so I can give them proper listens.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:59 pm

Don't like Guardian at all, but these were particularly awful.
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

oldschooldoom and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 pm

Buzz. I haven’t listened to these albums in probably 20 years. I have to revisit them again. But I remember not caring much for Bottle Rocket.
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:15 am

I went with Bottle Rocket.  Buzz felt like a metal band pretending to be grunge.  With Bottle Rocket they at least seemed to accept the new sound.

Like Black Rider said, if I want Guardian it's neither of these.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Constantine and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by zelote Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:56 am

Buzz has a dark sound, and I like it so much; it is definitely better than Bottle Rocket.

zelote
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:52 pm

BUZZ is better than BOTTLE ROCKET. BR is almost a horrible album. BUZZ is better. I sold SWING SWANG SWING and BR. BUZZ is for sale too. Their first 3 studio albums are all I care for from GUARDIAN and JAMIE ROWE.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:59 pm

When I went back and listened to both albums, I expected to like/not like them about equally.

Was a little surprised to find that I liked Buzz much better than Bottle Rocket.

Back when they came out I did not want to give them the time of day for the usual reasons.
But upon a revisit, I can say that they did a more-than-decent job of the "style change" with Buzz.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:49 pm

While Indo enjoy both albums, Buzz is the more consistent album and has the best songs.  With different voicings on guitar, this would have worked as a metal album.  Bottle Rocket is definitely an album from a band who has lost their way and struggling to stay relevant.  There are some good songs there, but the album as a whole wasn't.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:17 pm

Buzz was a great album. I enjoy it. Bottle Rocket bored me.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:20 pm

Buzz was a good transition for them due to the changing music scene and they shoulda just kept that approach and sound through the 90's.  Bottle Rocket is an example of a band losing their identity and trying to appease a fickle musical audience.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Follower of Jesus and alldatndensum like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:59 pm

Superjuice wrote:Buzz was a good transition for them due to the changing music scene and they shoulda just kept that approach and sound through the 90's.  Bottle Rocket is an example of a band losing their identity and trying to appease a fickle musical audience.

Almost Home was the same.  They didn't really try to give fans what they wanted.  The sparse rockers were more modern rock than metal.  The rest of the album was more akin to what Third Day and other CCM bands were doing.  It wasn't Guardian at all.  It was a pale shadow of who they once were.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Ammocas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down