The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guardian (first 3) vs. Mastedon (all 3)

+6
Constantine
eatbugs
alldatndensum
Black Rider
zelote
Pethead
10 posters

Go down

Guardian (FW, F&L, MM) or Mastedon (IaJoT, LOFCAUDIO, 3/RoM)

Guardian (first 3) vs. Mastedon (all 3) I_vote_lcap59%Guardian (first 3) vs. Mastedon (all 3) I_vote_rcap 59% 
[ 10 ]
Guardian (first 3) vs. Mastedon (all 3) I_vote_lcap41%Guardian (first 3) vs. Mastedon (all 3) I_vote_rcap 41% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 17

Guardian (first 3) vs. Mastedon (all 3) Empty Guardian (first 3) vs. Mastedon (all 3)

Post by Pethead Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:18 pm

Choose your favorite from these great albums! 

Guardian: First Watch, Fire and Love, Miracle Mile

Mastedon: It’s a Jungle out There, LOFCAUDIO, 3/Revolution of Mind

I love all 6 albums, especially the second 2 Guardian and the first 2 Mastedon. But Mastedon has probably dominated my stereo more, so they get my vote. 

What say you?

PS: yes, I know Mastedon was more of a project than a band. Yes, I know they have their own sounds. I’m just seeing what music everyone prefers.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Guardian (first 3) vs. Mastedon (all 3) Empty Re: Guardian (first 3) vs. Mastedon (all 3)

Post by zelote Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:48 pm

Guardian for me, is my fav band of all the time.

zelote
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

eatbugs, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Guardian (first 3) vs. Mastedon (all 3) Empty Re: Guardian (first 3) vs. Mastedon (all 3)

Post by Black Rider Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:06 pm

Mastedon by a hair, that first album pushed them ahead.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:25 am

I also had to go with Guardian.  While I think the songwriting is on par with both projects, bringing Jamie Rowe on board made Guardian for me.  Mastedon could have been so much better had they stuck with one vocalist like John Elefante.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:08 am

Fire and Love is one of my all time top three.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:14 am

As a guitar player, have to go with Guardian.  Tony P. is a very underrated player - very fluid, great phrasing.
Plus I just like the songs, especially on First Watch and Miracle Mile.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Black Rider and alldatndensum like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:29 pm

Tough choice! Went with Guardian but Lofcaudio is my favorite of all of them.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:18 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:Tough choice! Went with Guardian but Lofcaudio is my favorite of all of them.
That’s my favorite of all 6 albums, as well.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:01 pm

I picked Mastedon but Guardian is very close.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:37 pm

Mastedon.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by heck Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:08 am

I own all six of these albums.  Have listened to them many times.  But I have listened to Miracle Mile more than the other 5 albums combined.  Why:

1. Most of the songs tell stories.   Compelling lyrics always warrant extra listens and keep you coming back.
2.  Musical balance.  You got heavy blues rock metal yes but also tunes like I Found Love, Sweet Mystery and the Captain.  But none of them felt like ‘the required ballad’ as It is Done feels at end of Lofcaudio.   
3. Jamie’s voice.   He would lose it on tour trying to pull off the screaming rasp but on the album it’s glorious and never to be captured again as Guardian adjusted musically with Swing, Buzz and Bottle Rocket.   Miracle Mile was their peak for the style of music I wanted from Guardian.  
4. Tony.  Here’s one player who always played the perfect solo for a given song.   You cant just grab a Tony solo and put it into any other Guardian song (like you can with other players) because Tony always gave you exactly what a given song required. He did this on Fire and Love, but man, he takes it to another level on Miracle Mile.   
5. The Word of God is just dripping thru every song, strategically placed and paraphrased to fit the song, and not overdone.  What Christian rock is supposed to do, in my opinion.  The album teaches truths about witnessing, wisdom, love, loss, superstitions, and even Satan himself in an incredibly clever way.
6. They went the extra “mile”.  You had the horns in Shoeshine Johnny.  You had gospel background vocals in I Found Love.  You had the orchestra intro to Sweet Mystery.  Acoustic guitar in multiple tunes.  The long movie intro to Dr. Jones.  Even fun outtakes at the end.  Just a perfect album.

Miracle Mile wins hands down.   

Fire and Love was special too.  

But for the record, Life on the Line in Lofcaudio is my favorite most impacting tune among all six albums listed.   What a song!

heck
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down