The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Metallica Metallica Metallica Metallica Metallica

+7
WildWorld
crucifyd
StevenCressler
Constantine
Kerrick
Pethead
MagnusPrime
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Metallica Metallica Metallica Metallica Metallica - Page 2 Empty Re: Metallica Metallica Metallica Metallica Metallica

Post by Airola Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:59 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Constantine wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

If they had Christian lyrics over the exact same music, would you still say that about their early music?
I'm being a bit facetious, but honestly I never cared much for their earlier music and do consider them highly overrated as far as actual music quality goes.   Yes they were stylistically influential.  But if given the choice I'd rather listen to Testament or Paradox, or another band influenced by them.  At least those bands have better lead guitar, more harmonic sophistication, and don't have Hetfield's whiny / teenage-snotty vocals.

I cannot stand Dave Mustaine's vocals either.  They just grate on me.

Mustaine's vocals didn't really bother me at all until the remasters where he re-recorded the old vocals.  My favorite singing of his was on the debut where he did more Whoooaoaoaoaoaoa!  kind of yells and the harsh high-pitched WWAAARRGGGH! thing.  It showed attitude and a distinct anti-pop appeal.  His vocals are not the showpiece of Megadeth anyway, just like the bass guitar playing of Slayer is not its focal point.

Oh yeah, the opening WOAHHH is sooooo good in Loved to Deth from the debut! It ends with a great WOAH too!

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Temple of Blood and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2