The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

St. Anger: Garbage or underrated?

+10
Superjuice
Pethead
Airola
Constantine
Black Rider
Son of Nun
TZ75
Dustofyears
MagnusPrime
StevenCressler
14 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Which one?

St. Anger: Garbage or underrated? - Page 7 I_vote_lcap73%St. Anger: Garbage or underrated? - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 73% 
[ 11 ]
St. Anger: Garbage or underrated? - Page 7 I_vote_lcap27%St. Anger: Garbage or underrated? - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 15

St. Anger: Garbage or underrated? - Page 7 Empty Re: St. Anger: Garbage or underrated?

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:13 am

Black Rider wrote:Have you actually listened to it? You're talking to guys about twice your age, we kinda know what's good. If those albums weren't Metallica they would hardly be noticed
Also age doesn't really mean nothing. Sure you've had more time to find stuff and listen but just because you guys are older doesn't mean you know good music better than I do. Or anyone else my age.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

St. Anger: Garbage or underrated? - Page 7 Empty Re: St. Anger: Garbage or underrated?

Post by Black Rider Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:33 am

Christian Thrash Rules wrote:
Black Rider wrote:Have you actually listened to it? You're talking to guys about twice your age, we kinda know what's good. If those albums weren't Metallica they would hardly be noticed
Ok? Deliverance is a great album that 90% when asked if they know what it is they'll say no. That doesn't mean it isn't amazing. Same with Theocracy, Saving Jackie, Vengeance Rising etc.
What? We've all heard newer Metallica so not sure your point and it's mostly bloated and generic. Too much better stuff than that to listen to. And my point about age is your questioning if we've listened to it as if we're slow and haven't been listening to thrash longer than you've been alive.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:40 am

Dude I don’t like newer Metallica either, but being older doesn’t automatically mean your musical taste is more valid. Let people enjoy what they enjoy
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:41 am

I’m neither too old nor too young. I’m just right. That’s why my musical taste is perfection.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:51 am

seth wrote:
Dude I don’t like newer Metallica either, but being older doesn’t automatically mean your musical taste is more valid. Let people enjoy what they enjoy
Sure. Don't ask if we've listened to something because we don't really like it.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead, seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:52 am

Fair enough
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:19 am

I don't understand how you could love old Metallica and hate new Metallica. It has nothing to do with the music at this point. You see they look different, are doing different things then they used to, and the music is slightly different so most people just say "It's bad". Their newer stuff(especially 72 Seasons) is pretty dang close to their old stuff while still being unique. I've met and talked to other fans of this genre your guys age who think the new stuff is great. Just doesn't make sense. To me it's like saying "I love Reese's but I hate Hershey's."
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:59 am

I'm in a couple other metal sites and other than a couple people in here, no one thinks the newer stuff sounds like the old stuff. They don't have the same riff style or aggression but whatever.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:02 pm

Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:15 pm

I’m honestly not sure how to pinpoint exactly what I don’t like about 72 seasons or other modern Metallica. Hard to describe exactly why, but to me it kind of sounds soulless and generic compared to their earlier stuff. I know the comparison has been made before, but it makes me think of what it would sound like if someone asked chat GPT to write and record a Metallica album. One difference I noticed that may have something to do with it is the vocal’s sound almost too polished and out-front on the newer stuff. But that’s just my opinion, if you like it that’s great
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:20 pm

Good way to put it. I noticed those comparisons are mostly from the Black album on.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

seth likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:24 pm

Black Rider wrote:Good way to put it. I noticed those comparisons are mostly from the Black album on.
Yet that's their best selling album. I think the reason the vocals are more out front is better production. MOP and AJFA may not have had bad production but it's not amazing. The production on 72 is their best ever. The production doesn't really matter that much to me, I love DM(even though that's technically a mastering issue not production but whatever), KEA, RTL. But it definitely helps the album if there is better production. I think James' vocals on 72 is some of his best ever.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:29 pm

I know some people like deliberately bad production, which I don’t get (looking at you black metal fans), but I think there’s such thing as over-production as well. Engineered and manipulated sound to the point where it just sounds unnatural. When it comes to thrash, I tend to like vocals to sound a bit more “distant” if you get what I mean
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:30 pm

I dig modern Metallica overall, but it’s nowhere near the same or the same level as the 80s stuff. For one thing, it’s incredibly bloated.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:30 pm

Also, how do most people I talk to hate 72 Seasons but this:St. Anger: Garbage or underrated? - Page 7 Screen11
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:31 pm

Pethead wrote:I dig modern Metallica overall, but it’s nowhere near the same or the same level as the 80s stuff. For one thing, it’s incredibly bloated.
What do you mean by bloated?
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:38 pm

The songs and albums are way longer than they need to be.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:41 pm

Pethead wrote:The songs and albums are way longer than they need to be.
Oh. I sometimes agree but 72 Seasons doesn't feel that way to me.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:53 pm

St. Anger: Garbage or underrated? - Page 7 9aa9c410
St. Anger: Garbage or underrated? - Page 7 Unname10
seth wrote:I know some people like deliberately bad production, which I don’t get (looking at you black metal fans), but I think there’s such thing as over-production as well. Engineered and manipulated sound to the point where it just sounds unnatural. When it comes to thrash, I tend to like vocals to sound a bit more “distant” if you get what I mean
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:03 pm

Black Rider wrote:I'm in a couple other metal sites and other than a couple people in here, no one thinks the newer stuff sounds like the old stuff. They don't have the same riff style or aggression but whatever.
I'm curious. Have you listened to the full 72S album? If not which songs have you heard?
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:10 pm

There you go again we questioning if we've listened to an album. Yes, I've listened a few times and it's not compatible to the early stuff.
Here, there's language but this sums up how I view this. https://www.angrymetalguy.com/72-seasons-in-the-amg-rodeo-abyss-taking-the-new-metallica-opus-for-a-ride/
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:13 pm

Black Rider wrote:There you go again we questioning if we've listened to an album. Yes, I've listened a few times and it's not compatible to the early stuff.
Here, there's language but this sums up how I view this. https://www.angrymetalguy.com/72-seasons-in-the-amg-rodeo-abyss-taking-the-new-metallica-opus-for-a-ride/
Just asking. Because a lot of people will listen to the first song and they don't like it they'll just stop listening.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:24 pm

While I still love the new stuff, I think Burton's influence is a big part of what made the old stuff better. Plus the lyrics were much deeper for the most part.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7