The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which Christian band is the most Atheist-friendly?

+6
Kerrick
TZ75
scottmitchell74
Temple of Blood
StevenCressler
MagnusPrime
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Which Christian band is the most Atheist-friendly? Empty Which Christian band is the most Atheist-friendly?

Post by MagnusPrime Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:48 am

tarddance

OK,OK!!

giveup
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, Dustofyears, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Which Christian band is the most Atheist-friendly? Empty Re: Which Christian band is the most Atheist-friendly?

Post by StevenCressler Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:49 am

Bride is the only correct answer.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Kerrick, Pethead, Sevenoneself and seth like this post

Back to top Go down

Which Christian band is the most Atheist-friendly? Empty Re: Which Christian band is the most Atheist-friendly?

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:55 am

Believer
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmitchell74 Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:55 am

All of them; they show them a better way.
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

TZ75, MagnusPrime, Sevenoneself, seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:57 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:Believer

Yeah, I can see that…  🙄

[K. Bachman, J. Daub, D. Baddorf, H. Kraft]

What good would result for a man
By gaining the world but losing his soul?
Love not the world
Or the wrath of the Father you will behold

Do not conform to evil
The desires conceived in ignorance
Choosing to befriend the world
Brings hatred from God as a consequence
DEATH, SIN
Extraction From Mortality
WORDLY REJECTION
Deliverance from agony

Men would love you as their own
If you belonged to this earthly realm
Mankind hates the ones
Who do not conform but rebel

Everyone born of God
Will not face eternal decay
Death they will overcome
The ways of man will pass away

Be transformed by renewing
The intentions and thoughts of your mind
Your life must be hidden in Christ
Leaving the corrupted flesh behind

[Exodus 23:2; Romans 8:29, 12:2; 1 John 2:15, 5:4;]
[1 Peter 1:14; Matthew 16:26; James 4:4;]
[Colossians 3:23; 1 Corinthians 7:31; Hebrews 11:25]
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:06 pm

How about As I Lay Dying? 

Also murder friendly…
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Kerrick, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:53 pm

ATTEMPTED murder-friendly.  There's a difference!  Razz

On topic, a few friends from church and I went to see Fit For A King and The Devil Wears Prada a couple nights ago.  (Hardcore Christian was there too!)  Having never listened to them before nor knew anything about 'em other than that they are bigger names in the Christian metalcore scene, I was saddened to hear TDWP's foul language throughout the show.  I know four-letter words from Christians is cool and edgy and all Rolling Eyes , but they did say GD once or twice.  If they still consider themselves a Christian band, I sure didn't see any indicators.

Fit For A King on the other hand was completely clean and while there was no gospel message or anything, I did pick up some pretty explicit Christian themes in their lyrics.  So at least there's that.

Tyrant
Tyrant

TZ75 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:02 pm

I thought TDWP stopped referring to themselves as a Christian band a while ago, but I could be wrong.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Black Rider, Kerrick, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:18 pm

I was chatting with HC after their set for a bit and it sounded like that's the case.  They may have one or two folks in the band who consider themselves Christian but the band as a whole isn't anymore.

I was surprised by how poppy they sounded too.  Sans maybe a few of their songs, if you took away the aggressive vocals and heavily distorted guitars, they'd be a pop band.  They put on a decent show and had a lot of energy and intensity though.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Pethead, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:19 pm

Rolf 1 What deicide song is the most Christian friendly...What Christian band is the most Athiest friendly lolz...

...man I really missed out on the what Deicide song is the most friendly thread...damn... hilarious!
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:23 pm

Dustofyears wrote:Rolf 1 What deicide song is the most Christian friendly...What Christian band is the most Athiest friendly lolz...

...man I really missed out on the what Deicide song is the most friendly thread...damn... hilamyself
Yep, the forum really milked ToB's objection to TZ's thread as much as possible... And I'm all here for it!
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:24 pm

StevenCressler wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:Rolf 1 What deicide song is the most Christian friendly...What Christian band is the most Athiest friendly lolz...

...man I really missed out on the what Deicide song is the most friendly thread...damn... hilamyself
Yep, the forum really milked ToB's objection to TZ's thread as much as possible... And I'm all here for it!
oh yeah I would've got right in there lolz DAMN!!!!

What am I doing with my life!!!
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:32 pm

Dustofyears wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:

Just out of curiosity what is the objective answer to the Deicide question? (I guess which is the least Satanic?... Don't really know if they have any that aren't)
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:40 pm

Do Deicide have any instrumentals? That would probably be the answer lol

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:41 pm

Off the top of my head, would say "carnage in the temple of the damned" because it is more about The Jim Jones town cult. 

if you don't know what that is, basically in the 70's, after cult members attacked a Congressman who was investigating the cult, Jim Jones, the leader, enacted a suicide plan in Jonestown. it was a punch bowl laced with cyanide he had members hand out to children and adult members alike, killing more than 900 people, after which he shot himself. So essentially the song is about mind control through religion taken to extremes, theme wise. And it's very angry! lolz. That's where we get the expression: "who drunk the cool aid".

That or probably dead by dawn which is based on Evil Dead horror movie. And is Pure awesome!

Slim pickin's tho, Benton really doesn't like JC or the man upstairs lolz. Though these days he does for the money and probably laughs at himself more than anyone.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:48 pm

Kind of find it funny that Deicide and the Christian band Showbread both have songs titled that, both about Evil Dead. Wonder if either band has heard the other song (also wonder if Sam Raimi or Bruce Campbell ever heard either song).

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears, MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:55 pm

Glen Benton has literally branded an inverted cross on his forehead, multiple times. Dude is unhinged, and his whole personality is to hate a being he claims to not believe in the existence of
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, MagnusPrime, scottmitchell74 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:57 pm

Dustofyears wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:

Whatever you’re doing, it’s probably more worthwhile than participating in that childish mudslinging fest lol
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:58 pm

WildWorld wrote:Kind of find it funny that Deicide and the Christian band Showbread both have songs titled that, both about Evil Dead. Wonder if either band has heard the other song (also wonder if Sam Raimi or Bruce Campbell ever heard either song).

Raimi and Campbell will have to get together and decide which band's song is canon.
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

WildWorld, Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:07 pm

Wow I just watched a sync up of parts taken from evil dead with the movie and its incredibly well done. Never seen anyone do a job like that with a video song mix. I won't post it here out of respect but fro anyone that wants to see it's really well done. just type in deicide- dead by dawn and the video is secon down on the list. SO well done!
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:09 pm

seth wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:

Whatever you’re doing, it’s probably more worthwhile than participating in that childish mudslinging fest lol
yeah you're right
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:31 pm

seth wrote:His whole personality is to hate a being he claims to not believe in the existence of
This describes 90% of angry atheists so well lol
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, MagnusPrime, scottmitchell74 and seth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:40 pm

StevenCressler wrote:
seth wrote:His whole personality is to hate a being he claims to not believe in the existence of
Absolutely. I used to have an instagram account where I talked about both Christianity and conservative politics. By far the angriest interactions I got were from atheists expressing their hatred for God and Christians in general. Much more so than from people disagreeing with my politics. And that’s saying something. Ironically, the second most angry group after atheists was vegans lol (although I admit my replies to them about how much I loved bacon weren’t helping at all)
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, scottmitchell74 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:43 pm

seth wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:
Absolutely. I used to have an instagram account where I talked about both Christianity and conservative politics. By far the angriest interactions I got was from atheists expressing their hatred for God and Christians in general. Much more so than from people disagreeing with my politics. And that’s saying something. Ironically, the second most angry group after atheists was vegans lol (although I admit my replies to them about how much I loved bacon weren’t helping at all)
Lol... trolling delusional people doesn't hurt much imo

Btw, did you delete the account, or just stop using it? Because I'm interested in seeing some of it.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:44 pm

seth wrote:Glen Benton has literally branded an inverted cross on his forehead, multiple times. Dude is unhinged, and his whole personality is to hate a being he claims to not believe in the existence of
I just read that the reason he stopped re-branding it is because his mom asked him not too 😂
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next