The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best of these three hair bands?

+15
Superjuice
BaleMaster
Sevenoneself
bgsully
Constantine
alldatndensum
Follower of Jesus
bodachi
TZ75
Dustofyears
crucifyd
Pethead
Black Rider
scottmitchell74
StevenCressler
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Which one?

Best of these three hair bands? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap28%Best of these three hair bands? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 28% 
[ 7 ]
Best of these three hair bands? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap56%Best of these three hair bands? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 56% 
[ 14 ]
Best of these three hair bands? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap16%Best of these three hair bands? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 16% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 25

Best of these three hair bands? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best of these three hair bands?

Post by Superjuice Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:57 am

alldatndensum wrote: I am going with Whitecross.  They should also have caught the war of secular audiences.
 My favorite Petra album is This Means Ear.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Best of these three hair bands? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best of these three hair bands?

Post by Sevenoneself Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:44 pm

Lol!!
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:27 am

Whitecross was the only one that ever interested me.  Those first 3 albums are amazing.  I could never get into Stryper or Holy Soldier.  They've both always sounded pretty generic to my ears.  I'm completely mystified as to how Stryper got big.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:57 am

strangerhoncho wrote:Whitecross was the only one that ever interested me.  Those first 3 albums are amazing.  I could never get into Stryper or Holy Soldier.  They've both always sounded pretty generic to my ears.  I'm completely mystified as to how Stryper got big.
Yay someone else thinks the same about Stryper! Though gotta disagree with Holy soldier but each their own and all that jazz.  White cross first three albums where great and In kingdom had some good stuff too. Triumphant Return is my fav tho.

I just don't get how and why Stryper got as big as they did... bigger than any other Christian metal band...think about that... it's beyond me...Lolz

That's like saying Rush created some of the best hooks and melodies in rock.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:49 am

Dustofyears wrote:
strangerhoncho wrote:Whitecross was the only one that ever interested me.  Those first 3 albums are amazing.  I could never get into Stryper or Holy Soldier.  They've both always sounded pretty generic to my ears.  I'm completely mystified as to how Stryper got big.
Yay someone else thinks the same about Stryper! Though gotta disagree with Holy soldier but each their own and all that jazz.  White cross first three albums where great and In kingdom had some good stuff too. Triumphant Return is my fav tho.

I just don't get how and why Stryper got as big as they did... bigger than any other Christian metal band...think about that... it's beyond me...Lolz

That's like saying Rush created some of the best hooks and melodies in rock.
It's probably because they were the first Christian metal band
I like their music, but I agree they're overrated
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Opeth3232, Dustofyears and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:38 am

I think Stryper is fantastic, and earned every bit of their fame.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Pethead, Dustofyears, scottmitchell74 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:01 am

Stryper was really good at what they do, when I was in boot people would listen to them along with all the secular bands. Not sure how they're overrated, they are great players.

Last edited by Black Rider on Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead, Dustofyears, scottmitchell74 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:18 am

Stryper has an original sound, worked hard for their success, Michael sweet has an incredible voice, and the band plays their instruments very well. And they’re not even in my top 10 Christian metal bands.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Black Rider, Dustofyears and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:41 am

I picked Stryper. Their first 5 albums are mostly good. When they regrouped in 2002 2003, they were toying around with Modern Metal with the 2 new tracks on 7 Best Of and Reborn. Fortunately with Murder By Pride and especially with No More Hell they were starting to go back to the classic sound that fans expect.

Whitecross snd HS started off with the Classic sound and went modern and never went back to the classic sound before stopping like Stryper did. The first 3 WC and first 2 HS are their best albums and after that I like from 50-70% of their material of all the albums combined. Encore was a good HS live album and had good songs from the 3 albums. Equilibirum is an horrible album and Flytrap is a little better. 60-70% of Promise Man and Unvieled is good. Stryper's albums that I would rank lower like IGWT and Reborn are better than the modern WC and HS albums.

All three bands have very strong debuts with Soldiers, WC self titled and HS self titled.

Last edited by Soldier777 on Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Dustofyears and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:19 pm

Black Rider wrote:Stryper was really good at what they do, when I was in boot people would listen to them along with all the secular bands. Not sure how they're overrated, they are great players.
They were very skilled. I don't think think they're overrated musicians, I think they have an overrated song collection. Still good though.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:40 pm

To Hell with the Devil is a bit overrated. In God We Trust is a much better album. 

I will die on this hill.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:41 pm

Pethead wrote:To Hell with the Devil is a bit overrated. In God We Trust is a much better album. 

I will die on this hill.
It's close, but I agree.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:02 pm

StevenCressler wrote:
Black Rider wrote:Stryper was really good at what they do, when I was in boot people would listen to them along with all the secular bands. Not sure how they're overrated, they are great players.
They were very skilled. I don't think think they're overrated musicians, I think they have an overrated song collection. Still good though.
As much as I rib Stryper they are excellent musicians and have some great compositions, hooks and melodies and Harmonies etc, and a great live band.  I just enjoy poking the Stryper hornet nest from time to time lolz.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:11 pm

I always thought I didn’t like Stryper until I found some songs I liked from their later albums, which imo are better than the early ones
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, Opeth3232, scottmitchell74, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmitchell74 Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:21 pm

seth wrote:I always thought I didn’t like Stryper until I found some songs I liked from their later albums, which imo are better than the early ones

Stryper was good then.

Stryper is great now.

They are the best active "LA scene" band in 2024... by far.
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Pethead, Dustofyears and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:25 pm

seth wrote:I always thought I didn’t like Stryper until I found some songs I liked from their later albums, which imo are better than the early ones
I agree. The later era has less (and better) ballads, and is overall heavier.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears, scottmitchell74 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:48 pm

I like them, bar most of he ballads (yuk don't do it Stryper you might even be worse than WHitecross at that or at least on par with them)

Think the real reason I can't stomach them is because they are far too churchy, meaning every other sentence is Jesus this and Jesus that and praise this and praise that and we're all together as one and blah blah lolz and...well, it just gets really cheese burger like over the top! anyway you all know what I'm talking about it's all they sing about. and often they have songs that make cringe itself cringe. Beyond the multitude of cheese burger factors they are a very good band Musically.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

strangerhoncho and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Opeth3232 Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:07 am

Dustofyears wrote:Stryper have nothing on Holy Soldier's first two albums lolz you kidding me lolz

Holy soldier

White cross (especially Triumphant return)

was there another band...
Shhh your getting into heresy now lol
Opeth3232
Opeth3232
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2