The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tourniquet "Tribute" (Reunion) at Immortal Fest July 2024

+13
Son of Nun
Frozen Fire
Pethead
Pro-Zak
seth
Black Rider
Luke Easter
Fundy
Temple of Blood
Raegoul
Airola
TZ75
jaydeecrawson
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Tourniquet "Tribute" (Reunion) at Immortal Fest July 2024 Empty Tourniquet "Tribute" (Reunion) at Immortal Fest July 2024

Post by jaydeecrawson Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:55 pm

Did you guys see that Gary, Guy and Luke are gonna be at Immortal Fest next summer to play Tourniquet songs?

I wonder if Victor and Erik will be there too? I DEFINITELY plan to go! Probably gonna fly up there instead of driving

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Pethead, Opeth3232, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Tourniquet "Tribute" (Reunion) at Immortal Fest July 2024 Empty Re: Tourniquet "Tribute" (Reunion) at Immortal Fest July 2024

Post by TZ75 Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:53 am

I wonder if the Tourniquet alumni could get together once a year (or more) for a tribute? Fifty percent of Pantera is touring without the Abbott brothers…

It would be nice to see the Tourniquet legacy continue. The music is too good to fade away… it needs to be played live from a stage. As far as I know, there is no Tourniquet cover bands. 

Also Flood could play some Tourniquet songs at their live gigs. Gary Lenaire wrote or co-wrote several songs on the first 4 albums. There’s plenty of songs to choose from.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Tourniquet "Tribute" (Reunion) at Immortal Fest July 2024 Empty Re: Tourniquet "Tribute" (Reunion) at Immortal Fest July 2024

Post by Airola Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:13 am

Yeah it was discussed a bit in the Flood update thread. Certainly deserving a thread of its own!

This is great news! Devin Chaulk will be on drums. I don't know who he is but apparently people are excited about that too.

Helloween has toured a lot with all three singers on stage (Kai Hansen, Michael Kiske, Andi Deris) and it has been amazing. I'd love to see Luke and Guy on stage at the same time. I think they're going to have Luke on Vanishing Lessons songs (maybe Perfect Night and Hand Trembler too) and Guy on StB-POD songs.

I any case there are many excellent songs Tourniquet never played live that would be great to hear live. Ready or Not, The Threshing Floor, Dysfunctional Domicile, Officium Defunctorum... Oh my... Imagine Officium Defunctorum with Guy and Luke splitting the lines and singing the song together..... That would be amazing! Maybe even singing the same lines together harmonized...

Ok, let's see...
If for some reason they wouldn't play a fan favorite like Ark of Suffering and would only play songs Guy and Gary were involved with in composing or writing the lyrics, here's the list:
Ready Or Not
Tears of Korah
The Threshing Floor
You Get What You Pray For
Swarming Spirits
Harlot Widow and the Virgin Bride
A Dog's Breakfast
Dysfunctional Domicile
Broken Chromosomes
Officium Defunctorum
Spectrophobic Dementia
Exoskeletons
Theodicy on Trial
En Hakkore
Pushin' Broom
My Promise
Your Take

And if Victor Macias joined there would be Incommensurate and Sola Christus to play too.

I'd be more than ok with that list.

But if the setlist would include everything from the beginning to where Gary was still in the band I would love them to play The Hand Trembler.

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Pethead, TZ75, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:55 am

Ciulfd be called Floodiquet. Or Tartiflette.
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:18 am

When has Flood played a live gig or even planned to play one?  They were a cross-planetary studio band.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Fundy Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:58 am

Airola wrote:Yeah it was discussed a bit in the Flood update thread. Certainly deserving a thread of its own!

This is great news! Devin Chaulk will be on drums. I don't know who he is but apparently people are excited about that too.
He's from Haste The Day
Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

Hardcore Christian likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Fundy Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:59 am

Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

Hardcore Christian likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Easter Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:46 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:When has Flood played a live gig or even planned to play one?  They were a cross-planetary studio band.

You do love to talk trash, don't you...  Rolling Eyes
Luke Easter
Luke Easter
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:52 pm

How is that trash talk? I'm curious about the answer of playing live.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Easter Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:00 pm

Black Rider wrote:How is that trash talk? I'm curious about the answer of playing live.

ToB has a habit of making statements that demonstrate a lack of information, and an overall lack of tact/class. This is just the latest example.

He has no idea what Flood would like to do, and referring to them in the past tense shows just how out of touch and uninformed he is.

But at least he's consistent...
Luke Easter
Luke Easter
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:09 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:When has Flood played a live gig or even planned to play one?  They were a cross-planetary studio band.

There have been talks about possible live gigs. For reasons not known to us they haven't yet happened.

In Heaven's Metal interview in the early 2022 Gary said this: "Live shows can happen when (if) the pandemic stuff goes away."
He has also mentioned the possibility several times on Facebook.
I know it all may be driven by wishful thinking of Gary, but it's not that it hasn't been discussed at all.

Yeah, it doesn't count as playing a live gig or even really planning to play one, but now they are planning to do this. I don't understand what's your issue with it, or why you brought up live gigs of Flood when this is a whole another project.

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Luke Easter and TZ75 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:16 pm

This is the second thread I’ve run across today that devolved into a Luke Easter-Temple of Blood beef
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Easter Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:28 pm

seth wrote:This is the second thread I’ve run across today that devolved into a Luke Easter-Temple of Blood beef

Not a beef. And I'm curious what the other one is. The last time I felt the need to engage ToB was a long time ago.
Luke Easter
Luke Easter
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:30 pm

Luke Easter wrote:
seth wrote:This is the second thread I’ve run across today that devolved into a Luke Easter-Temple of Blood beef

Not a beef. And I'm curious what the other one is. The last time I felt the need to engage ToB was a long time ago.
Something to do with a Jimmy Brown interview. It was an old thread.
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:42 pm

Has Gary returned to the faith?
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:43 pm

He has! Even recorded a new Christian metal album with Guy and Erik under the name Flood.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Black Rider, Pro-Zak, seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:00 pm

Pethead wrote:He has! Even recorded a new Christian metal album with Guy and Erik under the name Flood.
Ok, so that's this "Flood" that I've never heard of was wondering what they had to do with TqT. That's great to hear about Gary!
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Fundy, Kerrick, Pethead, seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:17 pm

I will plan on being there. I was at the festival last year and a number of one off shows at that venue. It's 3 hours away but it is such a great place to see a show!
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:37 pm

I had a slight disagreement with Luke about the use of metronomes recently… but I’m over it and there is no point of holding a grudge. I suppose Luke knows better than I do, and I was willing to stand corrected. 

Luke has been snarky sometimes, but ToB seems to be always negative. I’m not sure he is aware of it… he’s never sorry for his rude comments or caring if someone tries to correct him. 

The problem with what he said about Flood is that he didn’t say it from a curiosity point of view, it was a slam against them. 

Obviously there is a reason they haven’t played live yet… and we don’t know what it is. Believe me… as a fan, I have wondered about it too! But there’s no point slamming them. I’m sure Gary wants to play!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:41 pm

I honestly didn’t read it as a slam against Flood. Maybe it was, but ToB can speak for himself. 

Anyway, Pro-Zak, the album is called Polarized. Check it out!
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:44 pm

The vast majority of ToB’s posts i’ve seen have not been negative. Regardless, I have no dog in this fight but I will say one thing. As a former prolific keyboard warrior, I have learned that it’s almost never worth it to get into online arguments, no matter how much you’re ticked off by something someone said. Although I admit I still get into it with people sometimes about things like theology or anti-Christian sentiment
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:47 pm

seth wrote:The vast majority of ToB’s posts i’ve seen have not been negative. Regardless, I have no dog in this fight but I will say one thing. As a former prolific keyboard warrior, I have learned that it’s almost never worth it to get into online arguments, no matter how much you’re ticked off by something someone said. Although I admit I still get into it with people sometimes about things like theology
No, you’re wrong! 

Just Joking
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:07 pm

Pethead wrote:I honestly didn’t read it as a slam against Flood. Maybe it was, but ToB can speak for himself. 

Anyway, Pro-Zak, the album is called Polarized. Check it out!

Like Luke said, ToB has a history… I’ve observed it myself for several years (on two boards).

Last edited by TZ75 on Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:10 pm

I’ve also observed how people tend to read negative things into everything ToB says.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:21 pm

Anyway, back on topic, it’s a bit too much of a haul and cost for me to make the fest, but I’d love to be there.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next