The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite earbuds?

+4
Ammocas
Superjuice
Pethead
ShotGunderson
8 posters

Go down

Favorite earbuds? Empty Favorite earbuds?

Post by ShotGunderson Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:35 am

What all do y’all use for Bluetooth earbuds? Currently I’m using some skullcandy ones I bought from Wally World but the volume doesn’t go up as loud as I like. I’ve had my eye on the Sony 1000xm5’s but was just wondering if anyone had recommendations?
ShotGunderson
ShotGunderson
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Favorite earbuds? Empty Re: Favorite earbuds?

Post by Pethead Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:40 am

Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

ShotGunderson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ShotGunderson Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:56 am

How’s the volume? The problem I’ve ran into with all the ones I’ve got is that they’re quiet. I like my music just a tad below “ear-bleed”
ShotGunderson
ShotGunderson
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:58 am

They get fairly loud with music, but it depends somewhat on the app.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:32 am

I use Bose Soundsport:

https://www.amazon.com/Bose-SoundSport-Headphones-Devices-741776-0030/dp/B07GDTFPR5/ref=sr_1_2?crid=15MN7NWY1I3JE&keywords=bose+earbuds&qid=1699633681&refinements=p_n_feature_ten_browse-bin%3A3150267011&rnid=3150266011&s=aht&sprefix=bose%2Celectronics%2C271&sr=1-2

Very good sound and very comfortable.  They really aren't ear buds per se, since I do not like those as they never fit in my ear and I can't experience a full sound.  Cheaper to buy on Ebay.

Also, when you're using bluetooth, you're frying your brain with EMF's.  I prefer to stay wired-in.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ShotGunderson Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:35 am

Also, when you're using bluetooth, you're frying your brain with EMF's.  I prefer to stay wired-in.
No worries there, I’ve only got two brain cells left and they’re currently not talking to each other. (I think brain cell 1 ate brain cell 2’s pizza rolls without asking)
ShotGunderson
ShotGunderson
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

WildWorld and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:49 pm

Bose quietcomfort earbuds
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:07 pm

One of my electrical engineering professors said that Bluetooth, Wifi, etc are harmless because it’s non-ionizing, low-power radiation
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and ShotGunderson like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:47 am

seth wrote:One of my electrical engineering professors said that Bluetooth, Wifi, etc are harmless because it’s non-ionizing, low-power radiation
Wireless damages human cells, destroys sperm count, and your body reads it as 'blue light' wrecking sleeping patterns:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0013935118300355
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:08 am

I personally don't like ear buds.  I get ear fatigue with music if I wear them for a long time, and the insides of my ears become sore.  It gets worse instead of better with more usage.  So, I bought some of the Shokz (used to be AfterShokz) bone conduction headphones.  You will lose some sound quality, but you don't have to worry about sweat or rain which is great since I also direct traffic at the high school where I work.  I can wear them for hours in comfort and my ears never get sore as nothing goes in the ears at all.

I found another pair in the hallway back in 2020.  I sent out emails to the staff to try to find the owners.  I even contacted the lady in the front office who oversaw the lost and found for students.  After finishing the year without finding an owner, I kept them.  So, thankfully, I have two pairs that I swap out weekly to help keep the battery strong by not charging them constantly.

They are pricey, but I don't think I will ever be without them as long as I can afford them.  The guy who started the company is the same guy that helped develop the bone conduction hearing aids that Brian Johnson of AC/DC now uses.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ShotGunderson Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:38 pm

I’ve looked into them I just didn’t know how they would sound with extreme music. I may check them out a little more
ShotGunderson
ShotGunderson
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:27 pm

Favorite earbuds? 61o1xj10
I bought a pair of no names for $30 on Amazon a couple of years back. They sell them under a bunch of different names.

I don't use them all the time, but they have a decent charge hold and I like the meter on the case so I know what the level is.

They are a tad on the bassy side. After walking for an hour, they can start to bother my ears and have to be adjusted to keep them in. They are touch sensitive, so it takes getting used to how you touch them, so they don't pause or skip a track. Not sure how good the mic is, as I don't use them much for calls.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Pethead and ShotGunderson like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:53 pm

I use SoundPEATS Truengine 3 SE but I think those are obsolete now (I got them a couple years ago)...I'm sure the newer SoundPEATS models are just as good but do your own research on which model is best for you. Wireless earbuds are a bit intimidating because there are so many brands and models. I ended up going with SoundPEATS because they seemed to have the most positive reviews but still a decent price. I don't think wireless earbuds are worth spending hundreds of dollars on.
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down