The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite and least favorite Sacred Warrior album?

+8
cailen
Staybrite
Black Rider
Fundy
MagnusPrime
Second Wind
Pethead
Follower of Jesus
12 posters

Go down

Favorite and least favorite Sacred Warrior album? Empty Favorite and least favorite Sacred Warrior album?

Post by Follower of Jesus Sat 26 Nov 2022 - 18:12

Favorite: Obsessions. This is part songwriting, part nostalgia. 

Least favorite:  Wicked Generation. Never cared for the guitar tone on this album.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Favorite and least favorite Sacred Warrior album? Empty Re: Favorite and least favorite Sacred Warrior album?

Post by Pethead Sat 26 Nov 2022 - 18:17

Favorite: Obsessions, just ahead of Master’s Command.

Least: Rebellion, but I still love it.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

MagnusPrime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Favorite and least favorite Sacred Warrior album? Empty Re: Favorite and least favorite Sacred Warrior album?

Post by Second Wind Sun 27 Nov 2022 - 4:48

Fabori

Favorite, I would say Master's Command. (If you asked me in another day, I could chose Rebellion, it is a close one)

Least Favorite, Wicked Generation. I am not even familiar with some of the songs. I could never hear this album properly. I guess it is because of the poor production in it. (I am not sure on what's wrong, mix, mastering or else...

Second Wind
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Sun 27 Nov 2022 - 4:49

Favorite:
Master's Command

Least:
Waiting In Darkness (still pretty good though)
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Fundy Sun 27 Nov 2022 - 5:01

Follower of Jesus wrote:Favorite: Obsessions. This is part songwriting, part nostalgia. 

Least favorite:  Wicked Generation. Never cared for the guitar tone on this album.

Same here!  Although the reason I love Obsessions is the song writing, and nostalgia has nothing to do with it (didn't get in to SW until quite late).  Top album.
And the reason I don't like WG is it's a concept album I really can't seem to connect with it at all.

Last edited by Fundy on Sun 27 Nov 2022 - 14:53; edited 1 time in total
Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun 27 Nov 2022 - 5:40

Favorite is Master's Command
Least is WG but I still enjoy it, needs a remaster.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

BaleMaster and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Sun 27 Nov 2022 - 7:45

Fundy wrote:
Follower of Jesus wrote:Favorite: Obsessions. This is part songwriting, part nostalgia. 

Same here!  Although the reason I love Obsessions is the song writing, and nostalgia has nothing to do with it (didn't get in to SW until quite late).  Top album.
And the I don't like WG is it's a concept album I really can't seem to connect with it at all.

Me three.
Mostly for the same reasons FoJ and Fundy already said.  Seemed like the band had really hit their stride with Obsessions.
Wicked Generation sounds like the band bending styles a little to make a loosely based concept record and it just didn't work IMO.  Not horrible at all, just not at all their best.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cailen Sun 27 Nov 2022 - 10:20

Favorite: Wicked Generation (it is darker and IMO heavier than the others)

Least favorite: Waiting in darkness (IMO weaker sonwriting than the others)
cailen
cailen
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Black Rider, Pethead and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sun 27 Nov 2022 - 11:08

Favorite:  Tie between Obsessions and Wicked Generation

Least Favorite:  Waiting In Darkness
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sun 27 Nov 2022 - 14:09

Impossible.

Favorite: toss up between Rebellion, Master's Command, and Obsessions.  This is all nostalgia and may change on any given day.

Least favorite: Waiting in Darkness.

Wicked Generation could be in the classic era "favorites" too but I bought it late and it doesn't have the nostalgia.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Sun 27 Nov 2022 - 15:09

Favorite: Wicked Generation - heavy, gritty, dark with fantastic vocal melodies all over the place. Ministers By Night is my favorite SW track. I love the production and never got what people disliked. I did a little bass boost and brought the guitars up a bit on it years ago and it sounds fantastic. I prefer it to the remaster that came out a few years back.

Least Favorite: Rebellion, something about the songwriting doesn't capture me. It is more consistent than Waiting in Darkness but the highlights on WiD are amazing.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Sun 27 Nov 2022 - 18:07

Favorite: Master's Command - Monster riffs and solos plus I love "Paradise" which doesn't seem to be too big around here...

Least: Wicked Generation - The music's not bad, I just hate the cover...  BTW, is that a man or woman?
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sun 27 Nov 2022 - 18:08

Superjuice wrote:Favorite: Master's Command - Monster riffs and solos plus I love "Paradise" which doesn't seem to be too big around here...

Least: Wicked Generation - The music's not bad, I just hate the cover...  BTW, is that a man or woman?
Paradise is one of my favorite SW songs.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

MagnusPrime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down