The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts on P.o.d

+8
Deadinside
Superjuice
Dustofyears
seth
ReedBenson
Pethead
Mr. Nice Guy
Maddierecords1
12 posters

Go down

Thoughts on P.o.d  Empty Thoughts on P.o.d

Post by Maddierecords1 Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:22 am

I was a teenager when p.o.d. was huge and released alive and boom etc. Ive been on a nostalgia kick with them as of late and tbh their songs that werent singles are so much better. Messanjah, satellites, portriat and without jah being a few. Just curious what people rhink of them in 2023. 

Also, i hadnt listened to anything of theirs past testify, are they still a christian/religious band? Their songs seem to nor be faith based and have people that i wouldnt consider being part of the christian scene. But hopefully they are cause they are a big part of christian music history.

Maddierecords1
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on P.o.d  Empty Re: Thoughts on P.o.d

Post by Mr. Nice Guy Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:35 am

I know nothing about todays POD, and I`m not a big fan of their style either, but Satellite-album was (and maybe still is) a good record. And although I own that album, I haven`t listen it for years. But some of those songs like Satellite, Youth of the nation and Alive spinns on a national rock-radio channels every now and then, and that`s when I turn my car radio volume quite high.
Mr. Nice Guy
Mr. Nice Guy
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Opeth3232 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:56 am

I like some of their stuff, particularly The Fundamental Elements of Southtown and Satellite. I lost track of them after Testify, though.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ReedBenson Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:20 pm

I was really into them in high school and college, defending them against a friend who said they'd sold out (while having plenty of doubts about it myself). I loved Satellite, and I still think it's a classic of its genre (nu metal?). I haven't listened to their first two albums because their production quality is pretty low, but they did put out an EP called The Warriors EP around the same time as The Fundamental Elements of Southtown. I like the EP better than that album.

I liked their self-titled album more than most people seemed to, and I liked Testify. I haven't listened to much past that. Maybe I should.

As far as their Christianity, I've been skeptical for a while because they haven't seemed to take any clear, strong stands doctrine, and they like to use Rastafarian language when referring to God, so their religion feels like a hodge-podge.

ReedBenson
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Black Rider and Constantine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:33 pm

Never listened to them because I’m not really into nu/rap metal, but wasn’t there a controversy about them dropping f-bombs in some of their songs? I tend to believe that the intent and meaning behind words is much more important than the words themselves, but I still don’t think it’s a good look for a Christian band, primarily because it could cause other believers to stumble or cause nonbelievers to seem them as hypocrites
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:35 pm

They used it on song on their album Murdered Love, I believe. I agree with your take on it.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:01 pm

Not my thing I lump them in the same box as the yo yo cap boy core bands The "Hi-we're-not-really-metal-but-you-can-jump-up-and-down-like-a-bunny-wabbt-if-you-like-and-pretend-we-are-metal" kinda bands. 

Also if they're Christians then they are lefties for Christ which kind of clashes with the majority conservative right wingers.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Opeth3232 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:32 am

Mock them as nu-metal all you want, but they had the best mosh pits I've ever been to.  Then those went away after awhile and the band changed styles.  Like everybody else I pretty much ditched out after the Jason Truby album which was, disappointingly and ironically, not very heavy.

I still consider them of the faith.  Wuv's dad was the pastor of the band.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadinside Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:08 pm

Some of you sound so Christian yourselves with your judgmental attitude.

Deadinside
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:12 pm

Well, we're supposed to judge if people claim to be believers but are stepping outside the things of the faith.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

CrimsonWarrior, Opeth3232, Dustofyears and seth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:16 pm

Deadinside wrote:Some of you sound so Christian yourselves with your judgmental attitude.
I see nothing judgmental in this thread, other than your comment ironically enough. Questioning whether someone’s faith is genuine based on their words and actions is not judgmental, as long as it isn’t done from a self-righteous, “I’m better than them” perspective.
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, deathisgain, CrimsonWarrior, Opeth3232 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadinside Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:28 pm

Read the lyrics to the song in question. It is more Christian than most CCM approved artists. The song is titled, "I Am."

Deadinside
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm

Deadinside wrote:Some of you sound so Christian yourselves with your judgmental attitude.
Not a good look for you, starting a flame-war in your opening posts.

Not a mod here...but check yourself before you wreck yourself.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Opeth3232, Constantine, Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:36 pm

Deadinside wrote:Read the lyrics to the song in question. It is more Christian than most CCM approved artists. The song is titled, "I Am."
If that’s what you’re referring to, I just said I don’t think it was a wise choice to use that word (for the reasons I stated above). Not saying anyone who says the f-word is a fake Christian or anything like that. I read the lyrics and I agree the song has a good message, but I stand by my previous statement about the use of that word.
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:38 pm

Always liked this tune:

Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:05 pm

Deadinside wrote:Read the lyrics to the song in question. It is more Christian than most CCM approved artists. The song is titled, "I Am."

Very Happy As a respected long time member here, I'd just like to give you a little heads up buddy, they get a little sensy round here k, so best just play it straight. Also whenever black rider or balemaster speak we must adhere to their pearls of wisdom and like their comments and curtsy while in their presence, least we feel the full righteous wrath and hell fire and brimstone of God they invoke upon us.

Circle Dance
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:53 pm

Hi Deadinside, you're welcome to be a contributing member here but if you've come just to sling mud, you're in the wrong spot.  This is your warning.

Dustofyears wrote:

Very Happy As a respected long time member here, I'd just like to give you a little heads up buddy, they get a little sensy round here k, so best just play it straight. Also whenever black rider or balemaster speak we must adhere to their pearls of wisdom and like their comments and curtsy while in their presence, least we feel the full righteous wrath and hell fire and brimstone of God they invoke upon us.

Circle Dance

Dust, you know that "be respectful" is a rule here.  This is your warning too.  Stop it with the condescending remarks.  If you feel that someone is out of line, please message me directly and I'll handle it.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Pethead and Dustofyears like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:18 pm

I like some of their music (Fundamental Elements and beyond) and still listen on occasion.  
They did seem to run out of ideas in their later albums.  I don't consider them a Christian band but possibly "Christian friendly."
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down