The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts On Giving

+4
KaramKaram
Hardcore Christian
ThomasEversole
exo
8 posters

Go down

Thoughts On Giving Empty Thoughts On Giving

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:21 pm

We all have times of need. We all have times of extra. we all have good times and bad times. No matter where we are in life we are always the blessed. The Lord wants nothing but goodness for all of us...
We as Christians are told by our Lord to help when we feel led and to be known as The generous, The loving, The helpful, The giving, The happy & The people of encouragement's. We are all led and taught and encouraged by the Holy Spirit that lives in us...There are some right here in our CMR family that are in real need.. Darth Vader (our moderator) is one of those people..He lives in the country of Venezuela. A country that is ravaged with war, a failed government, massive poverty and the Zika virus. A country most other country's like the states seem to have forgotten about. A country where the U.S. government has issued travel warnings and encourages Americans to not go there. Darth is in real need brothers and sisters. He is enduring something now most of us in The states cannot even fathom and will never live. He has a wife and a small child. If you haven't had a chance to read about his country please go check it out...There are a few threads here on the cmr in the prayer section  and in the general section threads. Please pray for him and if you feel led please please help him out in any way you can... There are others here who could use help also...so please pray for them and please help them if you can.. Some here have cancer and some have marriage and divorce issues and some have financial issues and some have issues only known to them and God. Its time we (and that means me too) put aside our political and religious differences and pull together..I hope I haven't embarrassed anyone here with this post but I really feel led by the Lord to share this and let me assure you it comes from my heart.. Please pray about this and see where you feel led...
If you can help Darth here is how t help him out...
"He can receive payments to his wife's paypal account: luz.figueroa1985@hotmail.com (luz(dot)figueroa1985(at)hotmail(dot)com YOU MUST HAND TYPE the email address in order to work, if you copy and paste it it will give you an error."

Back to top Go down

Thoughts On Giving Empty Re: Thoughts On Giving

Post by exo Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:05 pm

Savage Amusement wrote:It's time we (and that means me too) put aside our political and religious differences and pull together. 

Yes.  THIS, a billion times over.  I will personally back this idea and this is getting a "sticky".  One of our greatest Bilblical directives that "the body" often overlooks is the charge to be charitable, giving, at to TAKE CARE of our brethren........and we should be prioritizing this in our actions, no matter how deep a schism there is in our beliefs.

That's not to put the finger on people, or anything like that......I don't personally know many of you, nor what you do charitably off the 'net, at anything like that, and I have no intent of trying to guilt trip people into giving.  Please don't read into this that way.  So people are not in a situation TO help, or will be led down a different path, and that is absolutely fine!

But if you CAN help with MORE than a prayer, and feel led to do so, please DO......and don't limit it to just THESE situations!  Others WILL arise.......and a few bucks here and there adds up when multiple people get involved.

More than that....if you find yourself in dire straits, and feel led to ask for help, please do THAT as well.  I can not and will not guarantee what happens on any level....but we, as a Body, can not help if we don't KNOW.

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:50 pm

It's cool that this thread is stickied, but it's harder to find for those of us who scout new threads in the main body of the forum. Haha!
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:22 am

ThomasEversole wrote:It's cool that this thread is stickied, but it's harder to find for those of us who scout new threads in the main body of the forum. Haha!
I know I rarely look at the stickie'd threads
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:10 am

Would it be better for me to put this back into regular rotation an give it a daily bump, or to set it as a "global announcement"?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:25 pm

exo wrote:Would it be better for me to put this back into regular rotation an give it a daily bump, or to set it as a "global announcement"?
I think that putting it back into regular rotation is the best option, a global announcement might work too
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:04 pm

Bump.....

exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Athanasius Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:14 pm

I'd like to donate something, but I'm a bit confused on one point.

He can receive payments to his wife's paypal account: luz.figueroa1985@hotmail.com (luz(dot)figueroa1985(at)hotmail(dot)com YOU MUST HAND TYPE the email address in order to work, if you copy and paste it it will give you an error.

When I type in that address, should the 1985 be in it or not?
Athanasius
Athanasius
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:00 am

I just fixed it. 
And yes, the 1985 must be in it, sorry.
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:10 pm

If you know James Scoggins extend him my gratitude for his donation. I looked for him on FB but no result, and here on the CMR I know a couple of James but not Scoggings.

Thank you brother!
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:40 pm

Today we received a donation from someone we can't locate neither on FB or here, plus the donor seems to be from some place in Asia as the email address ends in .jp 

Whoever you are thank you so much for your contribution to my family and I
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:48 am

We could also get a gofundme going. just an idea
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:32 am

Everyone, Darth Vader/Karam Karam has served CMR for awhile as a mod and helped keep this place civil for us. I think we should be more than capable of giving back and helping him out. Please check out the link below:

https://www.gofundme.com/antoinesfamily

After I discovered the cost of sending a "care package" from the US to Venezuela it seems logical the next best thing is to just try to get him out of there.
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:30 pm

Which is better, to send money to the Paypal account listed at the top of the page, or the gofundme campaign?
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:32 pm

Its up to you. Sending to paypal will give him money now to buy food etc. sending to the gofundme will go toward hopeful moving expenses. If we don't make enough to cover him moving then it will at least help him buy food and supplies.
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Sun May 15, 2016 1:32 pm

Hi friends,
Today we got a PayPal notification that my wife's account is closed preventively, she called PayPal and they asked her the reason she was getting money on her account, she said that she was receiveing donations from friends from abroad for the situation in our country, she also said that we were privately selling CDs and other stuffs on Facebook and forums, then the PayPal rep. told her that PayPal wasn't to use it for personal purpose and that because of the government restriction to deal with $$$ the account would remain restricted for at least 45 days. After this time they will revise the case and will do: 1) close the account permanently 2) reinstate full access to the account.

So, if any of you want or plan to send donations DON'T DO IT to her PayPal account. You can still send it to the GoFundMe campaing here: 

As soon as we gain access to the PayPal account again I will let you all know.

God bless you

Last edited by KaramKaram on Sun May 15, 2016 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Sun May 15, 2016 1:44 pm

KaramKaram wrote:Hi friends,
Today we got a PayPal notification that my wife's account is closed preventively, she called PayPal and they asked her the reason she was getting money on her account, she said that she was receiveing donations from friends from abroad for the situation in our country, she also said that we were privately selling CDs and other stuffs on Facebook and forums, then the PayPal rep. told her that PayPal wasn't to use it for personal purpose and that because of the government restriction to deal with $$$ the account would remain restricted for at least 45 days. After this time they will revise the case and will do: 1) close the account permanently 2) reinstate full access to the account.

So, if any of you want or plan to send donations DON'T DO IT to her PayPal account. You can still send it to the GoFundMe campaing here: 

As soon as we gain access to the PayPal account again I will let you all know.

God
Caray!

Guys. There was a trick I came up with in order to send money to relatives in the Dominican Republic. The last time we were there we left a copy of our bank debit card. Then they could go to an ATM and retrieve money as necessary. The big advantage was that we could beat the egregious charges of companies like whestrn onion. The was no ATM charge if they went to the right bank. Probably a little too far fetched for this situation, but something to think about. What do you think?
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Sun May 15, 2016 2:20 pm

In DR I think there are ATM that expend USD$ as it is an island highly visited by tourist, but not the case in Venezuela.
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down