The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If You Could Take The Full Catalog Of Only 10 Artists/Bands To A Desert island, Which 10 Would You Pick?

+23
lukhipolito
eatbugs
Hardcore Christian
Staybrite
Kerrick
oldschooldoom
Superjuice
Temple of Blood
Sevenoneself
mothy
CrimsonWarrior
TZ75
Opeth3232
Dustofyears
Black Rider
scottmitchell74
Ammocas
Lex Metalis
MagnusPrime
seth
Pethead
bodachi
Constantine
27 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

If You Could Take The Full Catalog Of Only 10 Artists/Bands To A Desert island, Which 10 Would You Pick? - Page 2 Empty Re: If You Could Take The Full Catalog Of Only 10 Artists/Bands To A Desert island, Which 10 Would You Pick?

Post by Opeth3232 Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:38 am

Constantine wrote:
Opeth3232 wrote:My top 10 in Christian would be

Sandi Patty shhhhhhh don't judge 
She's actually AMAZING Live.

Her studio albums do her no justice, they are just over-produced.
I've always liked her was a closet fan back in the day lol some of her songs helped me through a lot of hard times. Never got to see her live other than video but I've heard she can bring down the roof
Opeth3232
Opeth3232
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Pethead, Constantine and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

If You Could Take The Full Catalog Of Only 10 Artists/Bands To A Desert island, Which 10 Would You Pick? - Page 2 Empty Re: If You Could Take The Full Catalog Of Only 10 Artists/Bands To A Desert island, Which 10 Would You Pick?

Post by mothy Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:07 am

Wytch Hazel
Theocracy
Veni Domine
Sacred Warrior
Warlord
Living Sacrifice
Signum Regis
Antithesis
Mortification
and in a 25 way tie.........................

jk
I guess my last would be True Strength
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

cailen, Kerrick, Pethead, Constantine and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:09 am

This one is tough, In keeping witht he spirit of the question I tried to go with bigger catalogs but had to leave off alot of thrash  Crying or Very sad
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:21 am

Yeah, a lot of Christian thrash bands weren’t very prolific.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Constantine and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:39 am

Reading through this thread this morning made me laugh outloud. And then I had to explain it to my kids.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:45 am

My list would not be only metal, methinks.

Vengeance Rising
Tourniquet
Theocracy
Skillet
Narnia
Living Sacrifice (just for the first 3 albums)
Sevenoneself (I'd want a memory of my own music)

Steve Bell
Phil Keaggy (that's about 1000 CDs)
Newsboys
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Superjuice, Constantine, Dustofyears and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:48 am

I kept mine to hard rock/metal. If I expanded it it’d be even more difficult.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Constantine and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:18 am

This question seems to favor artists with long discographies.

Does Warlord count?
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

oldschooldoom, eatbugs, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:20 am

Seventh Avenue
Saviour Machine
Stavesacre
Sacred Warrior
Stryper
Saint
Sacrificed, The
Silage
Shadow Gallery
Sweet, Michael
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

CrimsonWarrior, Constantine, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:07 am

Will there be electricity on this desert island??? scratch If You Could Take The Full Catalog Of Only 10 Artists/Bands To A Desert island, Which 10 Would You Pick? - Page 2 2753  If You Could Take The Full Catalog Of Only 10 Artists/Bands To A Desert island, Which 10 Would You Pick? - Page 2 2754  If You Could Take The Full Catalog Of Only 10 Artists/Bands To A Desert island, Which 10 Would You Pick? - Page 2 2753
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Constantine, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:13 am

Silage? You're out of the herd. 😆
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:15 am

oldschooldoom wrote:Will there be electricity on this desert island??? scratch If You Could Take The Full Catalog Of Only 10 Artists/Bands To A Desert island, Which 10 Would You Pick? - Page 2 2753  If You Could Take The Full Catalog Of Only 10 Artists/Bands To A Desert island, Which 10 Would You Pick? - Page 2 2754  If You Could Take The Full Catalog Of Only 10 Artists/Bands To A Desert island, Which 10 Would You Pick? - Page 2 2753
Maybe we would all get a solar powered cd player?
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

oldschooldoom and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:15 am

Since Warlord seems to be in question Ill replace them with:

if I stick with bigger catalogs: Extol if I dont care about catalog size I would go with Consecrator (its album I listen to all the time)
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:19 am

I could see a movie or tv show made about this concept. A bunch of metalheads stuck on a desert island with their favorite music, every now and then the one determined to have the worst musical taste is voted to be banished
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Temple of Blood, Kerrick, CrimsonWarrior, Dustofyears and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:26 am

Dang this was tougher than I thought...  Most of these are pretty locked in for me, but a few might shift from day to day.

Epta Astera
Faith
Kreyson
Leonov (they've got a new album coming out soon; can we please shipwreck AFTER its release?)
Nomad Son
Omegashift
Sawol
Theocracy
Vials Of Wrath
Virgin Black

Tyrant
Tyrant

Pethead and Constantine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:32 am

I would only bring the worst artists, nothing that slaps, because that would encourage me to find a way off the island.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

oldschooldoom, Kerrick, eatbugs, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:33 am

Temple of Blood wrote:I would only bring the worst artists, nothing that slaps, because that would encourage me to find a way off the island.
who says you can ever leave  Shocked

[url=<iframe][/url]
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:37 am

Superjuice wrote:Seventh Avenue
Saviour Machine
Stavesacre
Sacred Warrior
Stryper
Saint
Sacrificed, The
Silage
Shadow Gallery
Sweet, Michael
I see most everyone listing their top 10 in alpha order. BONUS points for all bands starting with an 'S'. I would struggle to get past the letter 'A', LOL
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Superjuice and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:51 am

Important question, does getting voted off the island mean you get a ship back home or does it mean getting thrown to the sharks?
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Kerrick and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:06 am

seth wrote:Important question, does getting voted off the island mean you get a ship back home or does it mean getting thrown to the sharks?
Means you have to stay but lose music access!  Laughing
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Constantine, Sevenoneself and seth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:07 pm

This is going to be a lot easier than the one in the secular section (at least for me).

Bloodgood
Sacred Warrior
REZ (Resurrection Band)
Die Happy
Barren Cross
Whitecross
Saint
White Heart
The Brave
Stryper

Ok, that wasn't quite as easy as I thought it would be.  It only helped when I eliminated bands with only two albums.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, oldschooldoom, Pethead, Constantine, MagnusPrime, scottmitchell74 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:10 pm

Norma Jean
The Devil Wears Prada
Zao
Moritification
Stryper
Impending Doom
Tourniquet
Living Sacrifice
Haste The Day
Fallstar
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Superjuice, CrimsonWarrior, mothy, Constantine and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:34 pm

Black Rider wrote:Silage? You're out of the herd. 😆
It's good summer 'cruise music' and it starts with 'S.'  I wish they recorded more tunes.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:34 pm

Tourniquet
Petra
White Heart
REZ
Stryper
77's
Mortification
Demon Hunter
Disciple
Phil Keaggy

Left off SOOO MANY good ones.  I feel genuine guilt about this.
My tie-breaker for many was size of discography.  Using the desert island imagery, I want as much music as I can fit within the parameters.  Theocracy and others mentioned were left off solely for this reason.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Pethead, Constantine and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:11 am

It was painful, I'm smuggling so many albums in. 😆
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Staybrite, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next