The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Christian metal vocalist(s)?

+17
oldschooldoom
TZ75
Sevenoneself
Luke Easter
scottmitchell74
Superjuice
Ammocas
Temple of Blood
Pethead
BaleMaster
Raegoul
eatbugs
Constantine
deathisgain
MagnusPrime
CrimsonWarrior
seth
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Favorite Christian metal vocalist(s)? - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Christian metal vocalist(s)?

Post by MagnusPrime Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:07 pm

Pethead wrote:
seth wrote:It’s interesting to see Luke Easter listed 3 times so far, I never cared too much for his voice but it seems a lot of people disagree. His voice is definitely quite unique
Vanishing Lessons has my favorite vocals on any TQT album.

I always wished Ted would have "let" Luke sing like that a lot more often. Very powerful, yet melodic performance. 

Where Moth And Rust Destroy is another good album in that regard.
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, Ammocas and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Favorite Christian metal vocalist(s)? - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Christian metal vocalist(s)?

Post by Pethead Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:12 pm

Agreed completely. I’ve long thought that. MVoaTR is an amazing album, but imagine if Luke used more of the VL style on it.

Another great example is the “Out of the same mouth” part of “Flowering Cadaver.”
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Luke Easter, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:58 pm

Just tried listening to some stuff from Vanishing Lessons again since y’all were praising it so much, in case I missed something last time. My dislike for it was only solidified. But that’s the nice thing about Tourniquet, there’s so much variety in their catalog that there’s something for everyone
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

CrimsonWarrior and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:58 pm

Also a vocalist who I forgot to mention at first but who deserves to be on this list is Eric Clayton from Saviour Machine
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmitchell74 Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:13 pm

Dale Thompson

Rob Rock

Guy Ritter

Robin Kyle Basauri

Jimmy Brown II

Michael Sweet

Wendy Kaiser
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Raegoul and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:16 pm

Superjuice wrote:No love for Eli Prinson around here?  Apparently he's no longer with SW.

Eli was 2 singers ago.  He's been out of the band for years.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Easter Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:33 pm

seth wrote:Vanishing Lessons and Crawl to China are actually my least favorite TQT albums (excluding Onward to Freedom, but we don’t talk about that). I did like Microscopic View of a Telescopic Realm though, definitely my favorite of the Luke-era albums

Onward to Freedom is not a Tourniquet album. Period.
Luke Easter
Luke Easter
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

CrimsonWarrior, TZ75, BaleMaster, Sevenoneself, seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:37 pm

Referring to Onward as a Tqt album seems to be a reliable way to bring Luke out of lurking mode, lol.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Pethead, TZ75, BaleMaster, Raegoul, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:40 pm

Luke Easter wrote:
seth wrote:Vanishing Lessons and Crawl to China are actually my least favorite TQT albums (excluding Onward to Freedom, but we don’t talk about that). I did like Microscopic View of a Telescopic Realm though, definitely my favorite of the Luke-era albums

Onward to Freedom is not a Tourniquet album. Period.
Thank you for the clarification, I was a bit confused on the status of that album, since it had the Tourniquet name on it but seemed to be more strictly Ted’s project
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:36 pm

It seems we love many singers! And that's great to see. There's ALOT of talent in the Christian camp!

My 2 cents is that VL is my 2nd fav Tqt album (after POD). Different strokes...

Would Dug Pinnick, from King's X first 2 albums, fit into this list? There's nobody that sounds quite like him.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:55 pm

Guy Ritter 
Steve Rowe
Rob Rock
Michael Sweet
Jimmy Brown
Mark Salomon (Crucified only)
Mike Torone (the first Sacrament album)

Last edited by TZ75 on Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster, Raegoul, scottmitchell74, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:56 pm

I miss Steven Patrick of Holy Soldier and Victory. So much emotion!!!
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider, Staybrite, BaleMaster, Raegoul and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:02 am

I would add Eric Wagner from Trouble, but that’s debatable because a lot of his lyrics have some profanity. 

But the good stuff is really good!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

oldschooldoom and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:09 am

Honorable mention to Christopher Scott. His vocals on the Southpaw album by Precious Death was great.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Temple of Blood, BaleMaster, scottmitchell74 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:26 am

The best vocal I ever heard Luke Easter perform is on the song Mystery. The melody is super catchy and he sounds really smooth and clear (much less gruffy). Although the “gruff” style usually is needed for most metal songs, I think he could mix them up together. Get creative.

For lack of a better term… heavy Bon Jovi.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Luke Easter, Pethead, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:03 am

TZ75 wrote:Guy Ritter 
Steve Rowe
Rob Rock
Michael Sweet
Jimmy Brown

Why only Crucified? I like him on Outer Circle and he did ok on Stavesacre and Neon Horse, I just don‘t care for their style. He sucked on Native Son, the Christian Vanilla Ice, but we all have done some stupid things in our past lol. (I used to rap as well) Embarassed
oldschooldoom wrote:I miss Steven Patrick of Holy Soldier and Victory. So much emotion!!!
Good pick, Holy Soldier ballads blow all competition out the water in terms of sugary sweet cheesiness… in a good way!
TZ75 wrote:The best vocal I ever heard Luke Easter perform is on the song Mystery. The melody is super catchy and he sounds really smooth and clear (much less gruffy). Although the “gruff” style usually is needed for most metal songs, I think he could mix them up together. Get creative.

I really liked Luke on Crawl To China. He shines in the mid ranges and on that record he could do just that. I think the Bon Jovi comparison is not too far fetched and Luke should take it as a compliment, too.
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Black Rider, Pethead, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:31 am

Raegoul wrote:
TZ75 wrote:Guy Ritter 
Steve Rowe
Rob Rock
Michael Sweet
Jimmy Brown

Why only Crucified? I like him on Outer Circle and he did ok on Stavesacre and Neon Horse, I just don‘t care for their style. He sucked on Native Son, the Christian Vanilla Ice, but we all have done some stupid things in our past lol. (I used to rap as well) Embarassed
oldschooldoom wrote:I miss Steven Patrick of Holy Soldier and Victory. So much emotion!!!
Good pick, Holy Soldier ballads blow all competition out the water in terms of sugary sweet cheesiness… in a good way!
TZ75 wrote:The best vocal I ever heard Luke Easter perform is on the song Mystery. The melody is super catchy and he sounds really smooth and clear (much less gruffy). Although the “gruff” style usually is needed for most metal songs, I think he could mix them up together. Get creative.

I really liked Luke on Crawl To China. He shines in the mid ranges and on that record he could do just that. I think the Bon Jovi comparison is not too far fetched and Luke should take it as a compliment, too.

I used to like the first two Stavesacre albums, but I think Mark was best as a punk vocalist. Outer Circle was okay… I was more into The Crucified (just my opinion). 

Luke has openly said he is a Bon Jovi fan.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:23 am

I'm going to start a band called Onward To Freedom. The debut release will be titled Tourniquet. 

So when anyone says "Onward To Freedom is not a Tourniquet album", I can retort with "yes, but Tourniquet is an Onward To Freedom album. So there."

Then I'll slide my shades on, look cool and say to myself "my work here is done".
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Luke Easter, CrimsonWarrior, Pethead, TZ75, Raegoul, scottmitchell74 and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Easter Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:37 pm

MagnusPrime wrote:I'm going to start a band called Onward To Freedom. The debut release will be titled Tourniquet. 

So when anyone says "Onward To Freedom is not a Tourniquet album", I can retort with "yes, but Tourniquet is an Onward To Freedom album. So there."

Then I'll slide my shades on, look cool and say to myself "my work here is done".

You win the internet.
Luke Easter
Luke Easter
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Black Rider, CrimsonWarrior, Pethead, BaleMaster, MagnusPrime, scottmitchell74 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:41 pm

MagnusPrime wrote:I'm going to start a band called Onward To Freedom. The debut release will be titled Tourniquet. 

Reminds me of how Believer named one of their latest songs Imagine Dragons lol
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:45 pm

I listened to that song and I actually quite liked it, I agree that’s probably the best vocals I’ve heard from him. Very different from Tourniquet, but I would say his voice sounds best on music like that
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Fundy Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:27 pm

Guy Ritter
followed by... and in no particular order...

Frank Clifton Herring (from Messenger)
Dale Thompson
Luke Easter (especially his solo stuff)
Ryan Roebuck (Motivik)
Andrew Gazaway (Darkhorse Hero / Joshua's Creed)
Graeme Leslie (Stairway)
Matt Smith (Theocracy)
Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

Superjuice, Luke Easter, BaleMaster, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:33 am

seth wrote:

I listened to that song and I actually quite liked it, I agree that’s probably the best vocals I’ve heard from him. Very different from Tourniquet, but I would say his voice sounds best on music like that

Indeed!

Clean and melodic vocals can work very well over heavy music. That’s what I love about Flotsam & Jetsam, Deliverance and Belladonna fronted Anthrax.

If you haven’t already, check out Rob Rock’s solo albums. Those are a perfect example!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:56 am

I have listened to some Rob Rock solo stuff, although I prefer his work with Impellitteri. But yeah clean vocals over heavy music can definitely work, that’s what most power metal is after all
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Fundy and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Snert I Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:59 pm

John Schlitt (more rock/hardrock than metal)
Eric Clayton (more gothic rock than metal)

Les Carlsen
Matt Smith

honorable mentions: Jamie Rowe, Guy Ritter

Snert I
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Superjuice and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next