The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Some Of Us", New single from Demon Hunter

5 posters

Go down

"Some Of Us", New single from Demon Hunter Empty "Some Of Us", New single from Demon Hunter

Post by Lex Metalis Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:04 pm

Lyric vídeo later today
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

"Some Of Us", New single from Demon Hunter Empty Re: "Some Of Us", New single from Demon Hunter

Post by Black Rider Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:09 am

Went heavy .
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

"Some Of Us", New single from Demon Hunter Empty Re: "Some Of Us", New single from Demon Hunter

Post by Pethead Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:21 am

Me likey
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:22 pm

Pethead wrote:Me likey
Diddo. And my daughter likeys it as well.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:54 pm

Song is awesome! Gives me hope for the future. I loved Exile but know that was a one off in terms of a giant concept. Apparently this was part of those writing sessions. I think they have more heavy material they'd written. Maybe it will all come together on the next album cycle.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:23 pm

Frozen Fire wrote:Song is awesome! Gives me hope for the future. I loved Exile but know that was a one off in terms of a giant concept. Apparently this was part of those writing sessions. I think they have more heavy material they'd written. Maybe it will all come together on the next album cycle.

No, this song aren't from Exile sessions
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:48 pm

Lex Metalis wrote:
Frozen Fire wrote:Song is awesome! Gives me hope for the future. I loved Exile but know that was a one off in terms of a giant concept. Apparently this was part of those writing sessions. I think they have more heavy material they'd written. Maybe it will all come together on the next album cycle.

On the TBR there was a screenshot of a portion of these lyrics from one of the session posts. Someone said it wasn't one of the tracks they proposed but didn't finish?
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:33 pm

Frozen Fire wrote:
Lex Metalis wrote:

On the TBR there was a screenshot of a portion of these lyrics from one of the session posts. Someone said it wasn't one of the tracks they proposed but didn't finish?

No. It's a brand New single. No connections with Exile. I've talked with the bands manager about this single and asked some infos. He said that "SoU" is Just a standalone single
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:39 am

A short essay I wrote about Demon hunter's new single, 'Some Of Us".

It's in Portuguese and I haven't been able to translate with efiency it yet, so I hope Google's automatic translator can help you Very Happy

Demon Hunter has never been the type of band that writes explicitly evangelistic or congregational lyrics, but it is incredible how, gradually, their compositions have brought more and more of the Gospel message, a fact corroborated with the single 'Some Of Us ' (Some of Us), released on 10/06 and combined with its strong and impactful graphic art, brings us a warning about life, the one we have and the one that will come.

We still have a mentality that something is only truly Christian in the musical field, when the lyrics use (sometimes indiscriminately) words and terms such as 'Jesus', 'God,' 'Lord' and so on. Of course there are cases and cases, in a congregational environment or in a more evangelistic work, something more “in your face” is extremely important but we also have to use the intelligence that the Father gave us to spread the good news in other ways, a one of them is poetry (which in this case is sung – or shouted according to some hehe). We also need to understand that creation always echoes and longs for the Creator, sometimes without knowing it and this spreads throughout the world and is easily noticed in artistic manifestations, but of course, it also exists on other occasions.

Returning to the music, there are some excerpts that I would like to highlight...

"I have nothing left to fear
Except my own arrival"

In 1 Corinthians 15:55 we read “Where, O death, is your sting? Where, oh hell, is your victory?” , so what does a Christian need to fear in this world? Anything! We know that our life is in the hands of the One who can do everything and who does everything, and it is only up to us to worry about having an attitude towards the world that is consistent with what we proclaim and say we are, because if we long for heaven and life eternal, so we already know what we can or cannot do in this earthly life.

"I'm still dead enough to hear what the blood says"

Our faith is based on sacrifice, more specifically on the Supreme Sacrifice, which was Christ's death on the cross. And what does his blood spilled on the tree tell us? He tells us that when we are dead to sin and this world, our debts are paid and there is no more condemnation on our lives that the Accuser can collect.

"Some of us will run
And some of us will crawl
And some won't learn to live at all"

The Christian journey is not a bed of roses as many and even some so-called preachers say. C.S. Lewis once said that “If you are looking for a religion that makes you comfortable, I would definitely not advise Christianity” and it is true. There are setbacks and difficulties on our path and there may be those who manage to travel the path to the Celestial City, but the vast majority will go through various struggles and trials, which even make them fall and crawl, but Jesus, there in John 6:33 reminds us that "I have said these things so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have tribulation; however, take heart! I have overcome the world." It's a shame that even so, there will still be those who won't learn to really live...

"Not everyone will die"

“Some Of Us” ends precisely with this simple and short, but powerful phrase. At first it may seem loose and random, but it carries a deep and perhaps most important meaning for our lives.

In James 4:14 we read that “I tell you, you do not know what will happen tomorrow. Because, what is your life? It is a vapor that appears for a little while, and then disappears.” We are attached to life here on Earth, as it is the only one we know, but the great truth is that everything is just a brief moment, a blink of eternity. And no, we don't understand the real dimension of what eternity is, our mind is limited for such reasoning. However, what we need to understand is that it is real and we will not escape it, and that we can spend it in hell or heaven and that is where the main message of the song lies.

As much as losing a loved one is sad and painful, the real death, the sad and real separation will come on the day of judgment where some will unfortunately hear “depart from me”. But we have comfort and consolation, coming from Jesus himself, because in John 11:25 we read that “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me, even if he dies, will live.”

So my dear friend, live his life but don't forget the judgment that awaits us. Some of us will be eternally separated from God and his glory and that is real death, but there is still time to find the straight path to the Celestial City and hear the promise found in Matthew 25:34 which is “Come, you who are blessed by my Father, Inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.”

And don't forget...
⁵¹ Behold, I tell you a mystery: Indeed, we will not all sleep, but we will all be transformed;
⁵² In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, before the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we will be changed.
⁵³ For this corruptible must put on incorruptibility, and this mortal must put on immortality.
⁵⁴ And when this corruptible puts on incorruptibility, and this mortal puts on immortality, then the word that is written will be fulfilled: Death is swallowed up in victory.
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down