The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Godless', new Demon Hunter single, feat Richie Faulkner (Judas Priest)

5 posters

Go down

'Godless', new Demon Hunter single, feat Richie Faulkner (Judas Priest) Empty 'Godless', new Demon Hunter single, feat Richie Faulkner (Judas Priest)

Post by Lex Metalis Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:38 am

Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

'Godless', new Demon Hunter single, feat Richie Faulkner (Judas Priest) Empty Re: 'Godless', new Demon Hunter single, feat Richie Faulkner (Judas Priest)

Post by TZ75 Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:09 am

Not bad musically. The Ritchie solos are cool. The vocals could use a bit more effort. He drones along in a monotone voice. Kinda sleepy…
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

'Godless', new Demon Hunter single, feat Richie Faulkner (Judas Priest) Empty Re: 'Godless', new Demon Hunter single, feat Richie Faulkner (Judas Priest)

Post by Constantine Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:58 am

Not bad.  I'm usually not a Demon Hunter fan but this is more interesting to me than their usual material.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:04 pm

I have stopped listening to the new tracks beyond cursory listens. I haven't really liked a single one, though I was feeling better about the first two imagining they were more of an anomaly. For a band I would say may be at the top of my list these days, I've relegated myself to hearing the whole album. I'm hoping it all sounds better in context. Nothing is making an impact. A track this would normally have a monster riff and amazing vocal performance. Instead Ritchie is the reason it is better rather than him just adding to something amazing.

I actually think this album will be a major grower, that's my hope.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:22 pm

Since it's a concept album I think it's going to have to be taken as a whole. Like some of the Operation Mindcrime songs, they work better listening to the album.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:32 pm

Black Rider wrote:Since it's a concept album I think it's going to have to be taken as a whole. Like some of the Operation Mindcrime songs, they work better listening to the album.

Agreed. A lot of my favorite albums have been concept albums: Blind Guardian "Nightfall in Middle Earth," Savatage "Streets," King Diamond "Abigail" & "Them," Grave Digger "Knights of the Cross" along with "Operation Mindcrime." All were growers as I drove into the concepts and got the story. When people do it well each song fits a mood. Camelot in Smithereens has been a whole new experience for me as a clear concept. It is so much better!

The fact that this comes with a comic book, interludes with a professional voice actor for interludes should make it a beast to absorb. Hoping for a reward like the aforementioned albums.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Black Rider and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:12 pm

I like the song with Max Cavalera (Defense Mechanism). So it’s not like I don’t like anything. There’s still more to check out before I decide if I want it.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down