The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite song on Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance?

+11
Ammocas
Second Wind
bgsully
Airola
Sevenoneself
Frozen Fire
MagnusPrime
Black Rider
Fundy
CrimsonWarrior
Pethead
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

TQT: POD Fave

Favorite song on Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance? I_vote_lcap14%Favorite song on Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance? I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 3 ]
Favorite song on Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance? I_vote_lcap5%Favorite song on Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance? I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Favorite song on Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance? I_vote_lcap0%Favorite song on Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Favorite song on Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance? I_vote_lcap18%Favorite song on Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance? I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 4 ]
Favorite song on Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance? I_vote_lcap0%Favorite song on Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Favorite song on Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance? I_vote_lcap5%Favorite song on Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance? I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
Favorite song on Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance? I_vote_lcap32%Favorite song on Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance? I_vote_rcap 32% 
[ 7 ]
[ 1 ]
Favorite song on Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance? I_vote_lcap23%Favorite song on Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance? I_vote_rcap 23% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 22

Favorite song on Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance? Empty Favorite song on Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance?

Post by Pethead Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:54 am

One of the GOATs. For me it’s between Phantom Limb and Theodicy on Trial. The lyrical concept pushes Theodicy to the top.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Black Rider, Ammocas and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Favorite song on Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance? Empty Re: Favorite song on Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance?

Post by CrimsonWarrior Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:24 am

I'm immediately leaning towards the title track at first, but I need to think about this longer before I vote.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Pethead, Ammocas and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Favorite song on Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance? Empty Re: Favorite song on Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance?

Post by Fundy Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:38 am

Theodicy on Trial for me.
Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

Black Rider, cailen, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:42 am

Theodicy. Like was said, lyrically strong and it smokes. This is my favorite Christian thrash album.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

cailen, Fundy, Pethead, Ammocas and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:45 am

As it should be.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:06 am

Incommensurate. 

They should have let Macias write more. 

Another Macias track, Sola Christus, is my fav from VL.
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Pethead, Ammocas, TZ75 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:10 am

Incommensurate has fantastic lyrics.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Ammocas, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:09 pm

Pethead wrote:Incommensurate has fantastic lyrics.

It's also one of the main songs that immediately comes to mind when I think of progressive thrash.
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:27 pm

Theodicy on Trial. Such a unique track on so many levels. That punchy, start-stop rhythm, the dual vocal attack, the furious solo, and those lyrics? The track is gold.

Spectrophobic Dimentia is another big favorite. The solo break is something else and a standout moment for me. If not for the oddball intro of Skeezix Dilemma and the ending of Ruminating Virulence those tracks are also big go to tracks on my list. Definitely my favorite Tourniquet.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:28 pm

I really like Spectrophobic Demetia. One of my favorites, as well. Pretty hooky for this album.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:38 pm

Pretty friggin' hard to pick a favourite here. Like many, this would be in my top 5 albums of all time, any genre, secular or Christian.

I'm going with Phantom Limb. I'm pretty sure it is my top song of all time, any genre, secular or Christian. So much groove and power. I still can't believe the detuned intro was unplanned cuz it's perfect.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:39 pm

There are times when I think Incommensurate is the best song in the album, but most often it is a battle between the title track and The Skeezix Dilemma. Currently I feel it's Skeezix. It is really heavy and has a great doomy riff, but it also has one of the best fast thrash sections of Tourniquet ever.

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Black Rider, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bgsully Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:08 pm

Voted Skeezix. I'm a sucker for an epic tune.
bgsully
bgsully
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://faustianslip.bandcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Wind Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:34 pm

I thought you were all voting with me, but I was Certainly mistaken. I voted for P.O.D.

But man, there are no bad songs on this album.

Second Wind
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Black Rider, CrimsonWarrior, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:38 am

Second Wind wrote:I thought you were all voting with me, but I was Certainly mistaken. I voted for P.O.D.

But man, there are no bad songs on this album.

POD is a killer track. Wish we could have voted for 2. I was surprised as well that this song didn't get more love.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and Second Wind like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:59 pm

This was a very tough decision. I went with the title track Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance…narrowly surpassing Phantom Limb.
Actually the whole album is a thrash masterpiece. Tracks 1-5 are gold and the last 5 tracks are gold. 
The one track in the middle(Gelatinous Tubercles of Purulent Ossification) wins the award for the most oddball scientific or medical name and is the one song that’s my least favorite. 
It’s still a great song, just less so, than the others.
All in all, there isn’t a bad song on this album…any one song could be a favorite on any other day.

Where is the song Impending Embolism in the poll? That’s the first song (instrumental)on the album.
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:09 pm

The poll only allows 10 options, so I left the instrumentals off.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Ammocas, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:47 am

Pethead wrote:The poll only allows 10 options, so I left the instrumentals off.
Ahh…ok…I see that. Descent into The Maelstrom being the other instrumental. They are decent instrumentals and both lead into great songs…P.O.D. and En Hakkore(love the vocals and lyrics).
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:03 am

I still don't know my favorite, but does anyone else think Exoskeletons might mash up well with Vanishing Lessons? I'm imagining the vocal lines "Look around, and I will show you now" with "Things we acquire means fuel for the fire" and I feel like that would sound good.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Ammocas, MagnusPrime, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:04 am

I think it would. It’s one of the most vocally melodic on POD and VL is one of their most vocally melodic albums.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Ammocas, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:52 am

CrimsonWarrior wrote:I still don't know my favorite, but does anyone else think Exoskeletons might mash up well with Vanishing Lessons? I'm imagining the vocal lines "Look around, and I will show you now" with "Things we acquire means fuel for the fire" and I feel like that would sound good.

Pethead wrote:I think it would. It’s one of the most vocally melodic on POD and VL is one of their most vocally melodic albums.

I'd never thought about it before, but you're both right. 15 years or so ago some guys in my youth group and I performed exoskeletons a handful of times. And now that I think about it, our live versions sounded much closer to a Vanishing Lessons song than POD.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

CrimsonWarrior and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bahana Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:45 am

This is tough because each song has it's own character and what I wanna hear can change depending on the mood. On my list of 10 best Metal albums from the 90s.
Bahana
Bahana
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:32 am

Theodicy on Trial - about the best straight up retelling of a Bible story in metaldome.  ToB said it's stock in some parts, but the poll says otherwise.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:07 pm

I always thought Spectrophobic Dementia is a great standout track. 

The infectious rhythm and Guy’s baritone vocals specifically. I wish Guy sang like that more often.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Pethead, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:23 pm

CrimsonWarrior wrote:I still don't know my favorite, but does anyone else think Exoskeletons might mash up well with Vanishing Lessons? I'm imagining the vocal lines "Look around, and I will show you now" with "Things we acquire means fuel for the fire" and I feel like that would sound good.

The chorus to En Hakkore could have fit the Vanishing Lessons style as well.
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next