The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite song on Antiseptic Bloodbath?

+15
Second Wind
TZ75
Raegoul
Luke Easter
zelote
BaleMaster
Sevenoneself
Airola
cailen
Kerrick
MagnusPrime
Ammocas
KaramKaram
Black Rider
Pethead
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Fave on Antiseptic Bloodbath?

Favorite song on Antiseptic Bloodbath? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap12%Favorite song on Antiseptic Bloodbath? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 3 ]
Favorite song on Antiseptic Bloodbath? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap24%Favorite song on Antiseptic Bloodbath? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 24% 
[ 6 ]
Favorite song on Antiseptic Bloodbath? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap8%Favorite song on Antiseptic Bloodbath? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
Favorite song on Antiseptic Bloodbath? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap8%Favorite song on Antiseptic Bloodbath? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
Favorite song on Antiseptic Bloodbath? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap16%Favorite song on Antiseptic Bloodbath? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 16% 
[ 4 ]
[ 2 ]
Favorite song on Antiseptic Bloodbath? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Favorite song on Antiseptic Bloodbath? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 2 ]
Favorite song on Antiseptic Bloodbath? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap4%Favorite song on Antiseptic Bloodbath? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Favorite song on Antiseptic Bloodbath? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap12%Favorite song on Antiseptic Bloodbath? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 25

Favorite song on Antiseptic Bloodbath? - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite song on Antiseptic Bloodbath?

Post by Pethead Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:28 am

Interesting to see the love for the title track. It’s always been my least favorite by a large margin. On the other hand, I like Chamunda Temple Stampede more than most.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Favorite song on Antiseptic Bloodbath? - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite song on Antiseptic Bloodbath?

Post by Sevenoneself Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:02 am

I'm switching to 86 Bullets, even though I can't change it on the poll. My youngest son just reminded me that I had really liked it, and now that I'm re-listening to it, I concur.

I don't care for the lyrics so much, but the music and melody and solos are pretty awesome!

By the way, who did the guitar solos? As had forgotten how killer they are; arguably better than WMaRD.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:03 am

It’s a mix of guests and Aaron.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Easter Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:52 am

Pethead wrote:...Onward to Freedom—which isn’t technically a TQT album...

It's not a TQT album, technically or otherwise. It's a Ted solo outing. Period.
Luke Easter
Luke Easter
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

CrimsonWarrior, Pethead, Ammocas, TZ75, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:58 am

Right, I only worded it that way because I knew people would bring it up.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:38 pm

Sevenoneself wrote:By the way, who did the guitar solos? As had forgotten how killer they are; arguably better than WMaRD.

The solos in 86 Bullets are played by Santiago Dobles. In my opinion he does the best guest solos in the whole album. Yeah, there's Marty Friedman, Bruce Franklin, Pat Travers and Karl Sanders from Nile too who all play excellent solos as well, but I think Santiago did the most exciting solos for the album.

Another song with Santiago doing the solos is Lost Language of the Andamans. You might want to give that song another go.

Airola
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Pethead, Ammocas and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:35 pm

Title track, the hook is so catchy. Chamunda is dope.
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Pethead, Ammocas and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:47 am

My vote goes to: Carried Away on Uncertain Wings 
(one of their best songs ever!)

Second choice: 86 Bullets
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, Ammocas and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:51 am

Both of Aaron’s songs on here are fantastic.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Wind Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:41 pm

I went with 86 Bullets, but in fact, the last track is killer. Would  have voted different now (2minutes after my vote 🤣

I don't usually go for this album when I am in the mood to hear tourniquet. Nor VL or Gazing at Medusa, also.

Btw, I am also a hater of this cover art. I even rip off the cover from my CD, just because of that. I don't think is a good way to represent the Lord, IMHO.

Second Wind
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Black Rider, Pethead, Ammocas and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:24 pm

I went with 86 Bullets, but Maiden and Andamans could have been it too (because I'm a big sucker for symphonic metal)
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:51 am

From what I've heard not into the music (tho need to give it a proper listen)

LOve the cover.

Favorite song on Antiseptic Bloodbath? - Page 2 Torn10
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ShotGunderson Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:45 pm

Had to go with chart of the elements. I love the opening musically
ShotGunderson
ShotGunderson
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:55 pm

The maiden who slept in the glass coffin
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:38 pm

I listened to some more. Yeah it's def TEd Solo project rather than Tourniquet let's be honest. Not the worse thing have heard in the world but not great. Soon as Gary and the gang left it was never the same. Same story as Steve Rowe all over again. Torney's last great album was PAthogenic.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:45 pm

Microscopic View was a REALLY good album, idc what anybody says. Yeah the band was quite different after Gary and Guy left, but they made a big comeback in terms of quality after the travesties that were Vanishing Lessons and Crawl to China
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears, StevenCressler and ShotGunderson like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:36 pm

seth wrote:Microscopic View was a REALLY good album, idc what anybody says. Yeah the band was quite different after Gary and Guy left, but they made a big comeback in terms of quality after the travesties that were Vanishing Lessons and Crawl to China
Fair nuff Seth Smile

Aside from Vanishing (which when came out was bitterly disappointed and is not torny to me) and to be fair, I have only heard bits and pieces from each post Pathogenic albums which is never a great way to make judgements.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:25 pm

You guys salty? Tbf, I used to think the same but listen to these albums without the hardline TQT without Guy / Gary / whatever lense and they are not half bad. Ok VL is half bad but the rest is mostly above par with a few duds but still better than most of the average fare out there.
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Pethead, Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:31 am

Raegoul wrote:You guys salty? Tbf, I used to think the same but listen to these albums without the hardline TQT without Guy / Gary / whatever lense and they are not half bad. Ok VL is half bad but the rest is mostly above par with a few duds but still better than most of the average fare out there.

For me when the new TQT album was about to drop after Pathogenic I was expecting something in similar vein then we got Vanishing Lessons, even the cover is more like you'd see on a later Silver chair album.  My personal feeling was they were inspired by the black album (insert record label) just like Die happy, just like testament, just like about everyone at the time.

The little I have heard since going back and picking a song here and there from the Ted Solo period albums just hasn't moved me at all, and I always compare to the master works. Maybe I'll try block those outta of my mind and give them a fair go. Cheers.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Raegoul likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:50 am

This reminds me of what a shame it is that the next Tourniquet album won’t get finished and released. Ted had said it was essentially done (I’m not sure if he meant it’s just finished being written, or it’s mostly completed as a demo). If it’s merely just written, I can fairly guess it will never get finished. But if he demoed most of the songs, it could be properly mastered and released as an instrumental collection. And that sample of the Zodiac song is awesome!

I personally think that Ted would want the fans to at least hear the album instrumentally. Like he did with Antiseptic Bloodbath. But who knows what instructions he told his wife and Aaron. Maybe it will see the light of day in the future.

This is very similar to the situation with Chuck Schuldiner when he was finishing the second Control Denied album. To this day it’s still sitting on a shelf unfinished.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Wind Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:36 am

Dustofyears wrote:From what I've heard not into the music (tho need to give it a proper listen)

LOve the cover.

Favorite song on Antiseptic Bloodbath? - Page 2 Torn10
How come?

I bet even the artist regrets it. LoL

Seriously now, I do have a problem with Jesus hang on the cross. I learned that we should think of Jesus as being alive and through the empty cross. 
I could even think this representation is kind of blasphemous 

Do you guys see it in the same way?

Second Wind
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:46 am

I don’t necessarily have a problem with depicting Jesus on the cross, yes He is alive and risen but His death on the cross is still an incredibly important event to be remembered. Some take issue with depicting Jesus at all (due to the second commandment), but I think as long as one does not worship/venerate such depictions it is ok. However, depicting Him as a skeleton is pretty weird, as is the juxtaposition between His death and the death of a cow in the cover art
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:55 am

^^This
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Wind Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:06 pm

seth wrote:I don’t necessarily have a problem with depicting Jesus on the cross, yes He is alive and risen but His death on the cross is still an incredibly important event to be remembered. Some take issue with depicting Jesus at all (due to the second commandment), but I think as long as one does not worship/venerate such depictions it is ok. However, depicting Him as a skeleton is pretty weird, as is the juxtaposition between His death and the death of a cow in the cover art
I see your point. Then I have two problems with this artwork, to say the least.

Also, I am all against imagery os any kind. Some might misunderstand the whole point of a rememberance and worship pictures, sculptures or whatever... 

That's pretty risky...so, three problems...

Second Wind
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:09 pm

Hi Second wind

Not being a fan of the modern digitalized album cover, I find this one intriguing. Who would of conjured this idea up. I can see how it could be perceived as blasphemous to the believer (which obviously Ted did not mean for it to be so) but also the interpretations one can garner from this image is what art is, and should be about. I'm sure what I perceive from it is different from most here, due to our outlooks and experiences projected onto the piece (how great art works). It's a great piece of work, though I would like to see an actual true blue painted album cover version.

The title "Antiseptic Bloodbath" is just as provoking when coupled with the image. 

"Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable"~ Cesar A. Cruz,
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Second Wind and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next