The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wytch Hazel - IV: Sacrament (New Album Out June 2nd)

+15
Follower of Jesus
Sevenoneself
jaydeecrawson
My Awesome Timothy
Hardcore Christian
Staybrite
alldatndensum
cailen
Kerrick
Ammocas
Pethead
mothy
Black Rider
Andreas89
Son of Nun
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Wytch Hazel - IV: Sacrament (New Album Out June 2nd) - Page 3 Empty Re: Wytch Hazel - IV: Sacrament (New Album Out June 2nd)

Post by Ammocas Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:34 pm

Wytch Hazel is a medicinal plant or spirit used for healing and soothing inflammation and other infirmities….maybe it’s a play on the healing power of Jesus and The Holy Spirit…that’s my guess…but I don’t know the bands take on the name.
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Guitar Noir, Pethead, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Wytch Hazel - IV: Sacrament (New Album Out June 2nd) - Page 3 Empty Re: Wytch Hazel - IV: Sacrament (New Album Out June 2nd)

Post by Frozen Fire Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:54 am

Ammocas wrote:Wytch Hazel is a medicinal plant or spirit used for healing and soothing inflammation and other infirmities….maybe it’s a play on the healing power of Jesus and The Holy Spirit…that’s my guess…but I don’t know the bands take on the name.

I had to study the shrub in college for dendrology but that's a great point. I'd like to hear their commentary. 

It helps to know that when I checked the link on the plant's wikipedia page the term witch in the name is an old English word that means "bendable." It has nothing to do with what we think of when we say Witch.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Ammocas and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:28 am

The Dutch word for that plant is 'toverhazelaar', which means as much as 'magic hazel'. I don't think you can entirely separate the old meaning of the word witch from the modern usage Razz
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Christian metal Horde, Ammocas and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:50 am

Frozen Fire wrote:
Ammocas wrote:Wytch Hazel is a medicinal plant or spirit used for healing and soothing inflammation and other infirmities….maybe it’s a play on the healing power of Jesus and The Holy Spirit…that’s my guess…but I don’t know the bands take on the name.

I had to study the shrub in college for dendrology but that's a great point. I'd like to hear their commentary. 

It helps to know that when I checked the link on the plant's wikipedia page the term witch in the name is an old English word that means "bendable." It has nothing to do with what we think of when we say Witch.

There is a cool new interview with Colin from Wytch Hazel on The Christian Metal Group’s YouTube channel.
Colin explains the meaning of their Band name. Here is the link:

https://youtu.be/bbI_puQ7oSk?si=nRG6vvKMShKx2-E6

**He discusses his Christianity and the bands name around 21:35
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Frozen Fire and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:29 pm

I find it note-worthy that this album was voted #1 Traditional Metal Album in  a non-Christian, secular webzine:

https://rushonrock.com/2023/12/15/best-trad-metal-albums-of-2023/
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Kerrick and mothy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3