The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Label Spotlight- Metal Helm (Nokternal Hemizphear)

+2
eatbugs
Kerrick
6 posters

Go down

Label Spotlight- Metal Helm (Nokternal Hemizphear) Empty Label Spotlight- Metal Helm (Nokternal Hemizphear)

Post by Kerrick Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:43 pm

I thought it'd be cool to start a series of threads for various Christian metal labels (active or not) to discuss favorite releases, stories, etc.  To start, I picked Metal Helm / Nokternal Hemizphear which sadly closed their doors recently, but Jason was a huge part of the Christian underground metal scene and worked tirelessly to release and promote bands in the scene.  The distro portion Metal Helm was great and I received a ton of free CDs and goodies over the years from MH.

EDIT: You can view the releases from NH here:
https://www.metal-archives.com/labels/Nokternal_Hemizphear/2990

Discogs releases list:
https://www.discogs.com/label/134302-Nokternal-Hemizphear

One release that deserves highlighting is Northern Flame's debut Glimpse Of Hope.  It was released in a jewel case but also as a 3-CD DVD case set with all their demo material plus a poster and stickers.  There were two versions - Night and Winter - which were identical besides the album artwork.  And now that release is very hard to come by and highly sought after!  (No, I'm not parting with my Night version so don't ask haha!)

And for anyone interested, Jason and his wife Toni have moved on to focus on their ministry Forge A Legacy:
https://forgealegacy.net/
facebook.com/forgealegacy

So what say you?  Favorite NH releases?  Any especially cool interactions with Jason?

Last edited by Kerrick on Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:54 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added link to Metal Archives page)

Tyrant
Tyrant

Temple of Blood likes this post

Back to top Go down

Label Spotlight- Metal Helm (Nokternal Hemizphear) Empty Re: Label Spotlight- Metal Helm (Nokternal Hemizphear)

Post by eatbugs Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:58 pm

I bought from him a few times.  I have the night version DVD case of that Glimpse of Hope.

I guess I'm not that familiar with what CDs were from the NH label and what were just part of the distro.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Label Spotlight- Metal Helm (Nokternal Hemizphear) Empty Re: Label Spotlight- Metal Helm (Nokternal Hemizphear)

Post by Andreas89 Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:13 am

Only release from them that I cared about was the Northern Flame debut. But what an album that is.
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:12 am

My first digipack was a NH release, 'Days of Darkness... and Blackness' from Fire Throne.

Used to have more 2 or 3 releses of their label, but or I traded or sold, haha...

But also bought many cool itens from their store, like Crimson Moonlight cds and a Sevent Avenue's Terium t-shirt.
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:54 am

I like the idea of this type of thread, but it would help to know what is from what label?  Is there a list of NH releases (or any other label) anywhere?  I have that Fire Throne CD too.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:02 am

Oh yeah, I meant to include a link to the Metal Archives' page for NH which includes all releases.  I'll edit it now.  Thanks for the reminder!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:06 pm

not necessarily complete but looks like a good start
could put it in the OP

https://www.discogs.com/label/134302-Nokternal-Hemizphear
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:16 pm

I really liked the Dying Blaze album that NH released. Some of their other black metal releases were pretty good but not great.

Metal Helm was a great shop and it's too bad that they went out of business.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:32 am

Thanks for the edit Kerrick.

Lots of good stuff on that label.  It's too bad Armath Sargon didn't do another Northern Chronicles of Worship: Spring and Summer.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down