The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The release date and the title of the new Stryper album are...

+18
Fundy
Gipperman
Sevenoneself
Frozen Fire
Andreas89
Dustofyears
eatbugs
deathisgain
Staybrite
My Awesome Timothy
rtz
Black Rider
WildWorld
MagnusPrime
Follower of Jesus
Raegoul
Pethead
Lex Metalis
22 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The release date and the title of the new Stryper album are... - Page 3 Empty Re: The release date and the title of the new Stryper album are...

Post by Lex Metalis Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:18 am

Soldier777 wrote:One thing that wasn't mentioned: if this is the official track list there isn't a title track of The Final Battle. Most of their albums have title tracks. Sometime bands would work out a title track and if it didn't work it wouldn't be included on the album.

All the previous albusn have a title track, minus the cover and rerecording album, and TYABA EP...
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

The release date and the title of the new Stryper album are... - Page 3 Empty Re: The release date and the title of the new Stryper album are...

Post by Xid Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:23 am

Soldier777 wrote:One thing that wasn't mentioned: if this is the official track list there isn't a title track of The Final Battle. Most of their albums have title tracks. Sometime bands would work out a title track and if it didn't work it wouldn't be included on the album.

Sometimes the name of the album is from a line in one of the songs.
Xid
Xid
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.joshuascreed.com

Staybrite, BaleMaster, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by FAIRWARNING Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:02 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:That is, without any doubt, the most cheesy album cover of their entire career. Wow. I mean, it’s awesomely bad.
i'm not hating, or at least trying not to do so. I get into all sorts of music. Stryper, at least early on, were packaged as a glam rock (Christian Band)? For me it was hard to get past the packaging to actually hear the music over the spandex and hairspray. I will go back and try to listen more objectively.

FAIRWARNING
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:23 pm

FAIRWARNING wrote:
Follower of Jesus wrote:That is, without any doubt, the most cheesy album cover of their entire career. Wow. I mean, it’s awesomely bad.
i'm not hating, or at least trying not to do so. I get into all sorts of music. Stryper, at least early on, were packaged as a glam rock (Christian Band)? For me it was hard to get past the packaging to actually hear the music over the spandex and hairspray. I will go back and try to listen more objectively.

Stryper is Stryper.

A blend of traditional heavy metal (Judas Priest, Iron Maiden), "pop" metal (Van Halen, Ratt, Dokken), and melodic rock (Journey, Boston) with the grandiose vocal arrangements of pomp rock (Queen, Styx).

They've been leaning into heavier (almost power metal at times) territory as of late though.

That's my take anyway.  Metal 2
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:56 pm

MagnusPrime wrote:
FAIRWARNING wrote:

Stryper is Stryper.

A blend of traditional heavy metal (Judas Priest, Iron Maiden), "pop" metal (Van Halen, Ratt, Dokken), and melodic rock (Journey, Boston) with the grandiose vocal arrangements of pomp rock (Queen, Styx).

They've been leaning into heavier (almost power metal at times) territory as of late though.

That's my take anyway.  Metal 2
And an extremely perfect take. And Styx, yes, especially in the vocal department.

Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3