The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The release date and the title of the new Stryper album are...

+18
Fundy
Gipperman
Sevenoneself
Frozen Fire
Andreas89
Dustofyears
eatbugs
deathisgain
Staybrite
My Awesome Timothy
rtz
Black Rider
WildWorld
MagnusPrime
Follower of Jesus
Raegoul
Pethead
Lex Metalis
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The release date and the title of the new Stryper album are... - Page 2 Empty Re: The release date and the title of the new Stryper album are...

Post by Sevenoneself Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:27 pm

Pethead wrote:Then I saw jheaven opened, and behold, kawhite horse! The one sitting on it is calledlFaithful and True, and min righteousness hejudges and makes war. 12 nHis eyes are like aflame of fire, and on his head are omany diadems,and he has pa name written that no one knowsbut himself. 13 He is clothed in qa robe dipped in2blood, and the name by which he is called is rTheWord of God. 14 And the armies of heaven,sarrayed in fine linen, white and pure, twerefollowing him on white horses, holding high and waving proudly the flag of the Yellow and Black Attack.

Rev 19:11–14 (ESV: Essential Stryper Version)

lol! lol! Rolf 2 Rolf 2

I literally laughed outloud and then had to try to explain to my family what was going on!!
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Kerrick, Pethead, BaleMaster and Dustofyears like this post

Back to top Go down

The release date and the title of the new Stryper album are... - Page 2 Empty Re: The release date and the title of the new Stryper album are...

Post by MagnusPrime Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:06 pm

Frozen Fire wrote:I'm more in the middle. Manowar would indeed be jealous (even KISS) but I get it. Definitely a homage to THWTD. The colors and rendering are great. Recognizing those things, I wish it weren't such a cluster. Everything is on top of everything else.  

Ultimately, for me it's fine. I think the cover for God Damn Evil was much worse.

Same. Hated the cover for GDE.
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:24 pm

Mind you guys, if this was the 80's, most, if not all folks would be digging it I imagine. For some reason those Stryper angels remind me of kiss, just need long pointed tongues sticking out. Ah might be the destroyer cover that comes to mind.

The release date and the title of the new Stryper album are... - Page 2 Kiss10
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gipperman Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:26 am

Haven’t been here in a while and now I know why. We seem to get less love here than anywhere else.

You do realize that you’re in the minority right? We posted the album cover on all of our socials and literally haven’t seen one bad comment. Not one. Everyone seems to love it. Many calling it our best cover. Then there’s here. 

We purposely went for a THWTD throwback. We wanted the nostalgia of the 80’s. That was and is the whole point. 

Michael Sweet

Gipperman
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

BaleMaster, MagnusPrime, Raegoul and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Fundy Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:59 am

I love the artwork of this and all the last 4 (and that includes GDE).  Incidentally the first 7 tracks of GDE are probably my favourite run of Stryper songs on an individual album (and that's no mean feat).

Still, as they say, 'horses for courses'.  Each to their own.
Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

Gipperman, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:21 pm

Gipperman wrote:Haven’t been here in a while and now I know why. We seem to get less love here than anywhere else.

You do realize that you’re in the minority right? We posted the album cover on all of our socials and literally haven’t seen one bad comment. Not one. Everyone seems to love it. Many calling it our best cover. Then there’s here. 

We purposely went for a THWTD throwback. We wanted the nostalgia of the 80’s. That was and is the whole point. 

Michael Sweet

It's been a while; welcome back!

Ha, yes us folks here can be quite particular and critical...  Though nobody ever accused users here as dishonest!  Razz   Where your social media pages are by design going to be primarily comprised of fans who are more likely to love anything you put out, forums like this one make for a much broader spectrum of tastes and preferences.  I hope you don't find discouragement here but instead the right level of criticism to continue pushing you forward in producing the best material yet.

Tyrant
Tyrant

BaleMaster, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gipperman Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:36 pm

Well Kerrick, you most likely don’t spend a lot of time on my/our socials. Our fans are brutally honest and if they don’t like something we certainly hear about. I’m brutally honest as well. So here goes:

We strive to do our best. Relatively speaking, we’ve done our best. We’re still making music that we love and the majority seems to love as well. We’re happy with the results. Very. We’re also very happy with the epic artwork. Regardless if 20 people here seem to dislike most everything we do. We don’t plan to change a thing based on that. Now, if the majority of our fans were unhappy with what we are doing then maybe, just maybe we’ll consider taking that “criticism” and using it to do better. Until then, we’ll keep pleasing the majority of our fans with exactly what we’re doing;-)

Gipperman
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Frozen Fire, BaleMaster and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:43 pm

Well, most of us have also stated in numerous threads how much we’re looking forward to the album no matter what the art is.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

eatbugs, BaleMaster, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gipperman Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:57 pm

Pethead wrote:Well, most of us have also stated in numerous threads how much we’re looking forward to the album no matter what the art is.
Understood and much appreciated. I just wanted to put that out there.

Gipperman
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Pethead, BaleMaster, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:25 pm

I think my favorite covers have been NMHtP and EtDB.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:14 pm

I was going to post this last night, but now I feel a bit sheepish or like it might not be taken seriously. But this is what I was gonna post and I stand by it!  Very Happy

I compared Megadeth's 3 new singles to Stryper's two new singles last night. Listened to all of them a couple of times through. I thought it was a good comparison b/c the styles and production are very similar. Also, Stryper and Megadeth would be in my top 10 favourite bands (of all genres) of all time.

All 5 songs are fantastic. Great riffs, playing, production, leads, intros, etc.  

But Stryper's songs edged Megadeth's because of the melody; the memorable, catchy, meaningful vocal lines. I remembered the songs and they stood out to me b/c of that. 

I'll be picking this one up first. My 2 bits.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:16 pm

Gipperman wrote:Well Kerrick, you most likely don’t spend a lot of time on my/our socials. Our fans are brutally honest and if they don’t like something we certainly hear about. I’m brutally honest as well. So here goes:

We strive to do our best. Relatively speaking, we’ve done our best. We’re still making music that we love and the majority seems to love as well. We’re happy with the results. Very. We’re also very happy with the epic artwork. Regardless if 20 people here seem to dislike most everything we do. We don’t plan to change a thing based on that. Now, if the majority of our fans were unhappy with what we are doing then maybe, just maybe we’ll consider taking that “criticism” and using it to do better. Until then, we’ll keep pleasing the majority of our fans with exactly what we’re doing;-)

That is true, the only info on Stryper I get is glancing through threads here.  Sounds like you have a solid base of fans though; that's great!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:21 pm

Sevenoneself wrote:I was going to post this last night, but now I feel a bit sheepish or like it might not be taken seriously. But this is what I was gonna post and I stand by it!  Very Happy

I compared Megadeth's 3 new singles to Stryper's two new singles last night. Listened to all of them a couple of times through. I thought it was a good comparison b/c the styles and production are very similar. Also, Stryper and Megadeth would be in my top 10 favourite bands (of all genres) of all time.

All 5 songs are fantastic. Great riffs, playing, production, leads, intros, etc.  

But Stryper's songs edged Megadeth's because of the melody; the memorable, catchy, meaningful vocal lines. I remembered the songs and they stood out to me b/c of that. 

I'll be picking this one up first. My 2 bits.
Stryper’s been on a roll. The last 4 albums have all been excellent. They’ve earned “blind buy” status.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

BaleMaster, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:22 pm

Kerrick wrote:
Gipperman wrote:Well Kerrick, you most likely don’t spend a lot of time on my/our socials. Our fans are brutally honest and if they don’t like something we certainly hear about. I’m brutally honest as well. So here goes:

That is true, the only info on Stryper I get is glancing through threads here.  Sounds like you have a solid base of fans though; that's great!
I heard Kerrick has life-size cardboard cutouts of all the band members and he pretends to jam with them daily.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Kerrick, BaleMaster, Dustofyears, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:27 pm

^^ When I joined the forum I wrote that I like  comedy and satire. However, I don't hold a candle to you! You are the king of dry comedy; I'd like to see a stand-up someday. You could have the unique theme of Christian metal music that all of us on these forums would catch and laugh at, and everybody else would be like, "duh, what's going on".
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Kerrick, Pethead, BaleMaster and Dustofyears like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:35 pm

LOL how did you know Pethead?!?  Did my neighbors complain to you too about my noise violations from all the jamming?   Razz rabbit

Tyrant
Tyrant

Pethead, BaleMaster, Dustofyears and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:36 pm

Kerrick wrote:LOL how did you know Pethead?!?  Did my neighbors complain to you too about my noise violations from all the jamming?   Razz  rabbit
Only when you attempted the classic Stryper screams.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Kerrick, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:26 pm

I'm not Stryper's biggest fan, but, ALL I have seen here, and this is no exaggeration, and even under my last name from years back, is Stryper worship and adoration. You lot are probably the most beloved band here that I can see. This is the first time I've seen folks here criticize or poke fun at Stryper to this degree anyway (usually I'm on my own and I can see the seething eyes stare into my blackened soul through the screen). It's a first.

You should check out poor Dale Thompson's thread!
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:48 pm

Dustofyears wrote:Mind you guys, if this was the 80's, most, if not all folks would be digging it I imagine. For some reason those Stryper angels remind me of kiss, just need long pointed tongues sticking out. Ah might be the destroyer cover that comes to mind.

The release date and the title of the new Stryper album are... - Page 2 Kiss10
If it was done in the style of Ken Kelly, then I'd be digging it.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Dustofyears and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:54 pm

I've been digging the artwork for the last three albums, as well as the music. This one just happens to be a miss for some people. I can't recall this board being as bad as your social medias (which I am a part of). But some criticism is to be expected when you are in the public eye, and I believe some thicker skin is in order. I see forums as nothing more than what we used to do as kids when we gathered in our bedrooms and such to discuss bands. We heaped praise and criticism on them, it's just that it wasn't public and the bands we talked about weren't able to respond.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Kerrick, crucifyd and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:41 am

So Mike Sweet comes here for the first time in years, reads criticism of his band‘s new album cover, and assumes that the entire board just hates Stryper. Mike, I like your music a lot, but you can be awfully ignorant at times. If you spent any time here, you to see that Stryper is enormously popular here. In fact, Stryper is my favorite band. I love your music. I hate the new album cover. It’s like all or nothing with you. Either somebody loves everything you do, or you think they hate everything you do and are just a hater. People can have nuanced opinions. I’m glad that most of your fans love the new album cover. I just think it’s stupid. It doesn’t make me a hater. Your attitude on the other hand…
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

deathisgain and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

The release date and the title of the new Stryper album are... - Page 2 Empty Perfect. Over and out……..

Post by Gipperman Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:24 am

Follower of Jesus wrote:So Mike Sweet comes here for the first time in years, reads criticism of his band‘s new album cover, and assumes that the entire board just hates Stryper. Mike, I like your music a lot, but you can be awfully ignorant at times. If you spent any time here, you to see that Stryper is enormously popular here. In fact, Stryper is my favorite band. I love your music. I hate the new album cover. It’s like all or nothing with you. Either somebody loves everything you do, or you think they hate everything you do and are just a hater. You’re almost 60 years old, grow up a little. People can have nuanced opinions. I’m glad that most of your fans love the new album cover. I just think it’s stupid. It doesn’t make me a hater. Your attitude on the other hand…

Gipperman
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

The release date and the title of the new Stryper album are... - Page 2 Empty Well there you go…….

Post by Gipperman Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:32 am

You guys have a great time here and keep having fun. I’m off to do more.

Always in Him and for Him🙏

Over and out….

MS

Gipperman
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Staybrite, Pethead, BaleMaster, Dustofyears and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:13 am

Gipperman wrote:You guys have a great time here and keep having fun. I’m off to do more.

Always in Him and for Him🙏

Over and out….

MS
The internet has certainly changed things for human interaction (not so sure it's good thing either, quite manipulating at times I'm sure) But the cover could be black and yellow stripes and I know Stryper fans will flock to it!  In the end it's really about the music!

The release date and the title of the new Stryper album are... - Page 2 Spock10
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:17 am

One thing that wasn't mentioned: if this is the official track list there isn't a title track of The Final Battle. Most of their albums have title tracks. Sometime bands would work out a title track and if it didn't work it wouldn't be included on the album.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next