The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New KING'S X album & song "Let It Rain"

+6
Dustofyears
TZ75
deathisgain
Sevenoneself
Black Rider
Constantine
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

New KING'S X album &  song "Let It Rain" - Page 3 Empty Re: New KING'S X album & song "Let It Rain"

Post by Dustofyears Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:49 pm

This album has really grown on me. I knew it would. They always do. Best way to listen it- turn it on while doing house chores. Just wish some of the songs were longer.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

New KING'S X album &  song "Let It Rain" - Page 3 Empty Re: New KING'S X album & song "Let It Rain"

Post by Constantine Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:34 pm

I actually like the album.   I bought a CD of it a few days ago for a friend's birthday.  It was on his Amazon wish list.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:45 pm

I enjoyed it more than I excepted to. It can’t beat their stuff through Dogman, but it was a good listen.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:32 pm

yeah I really dig now. It's so strange how they do that. Every album after Dogman has been like that. Give them time to digest folks, they do sink in and get under the skin after repeated listens in which all the beautiful hooks start to shine. Strangest band ever without even trying to be.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:19 am

I'm still finding it inconsistent but definitely liking it more than the last few albums.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Constantine and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:17 pm

Black Rider wrote:I'm still finding it inconsistent but definitely liking it more than the last few albums.
You are right. It's not. The first for me is better than the second half, or just over halfway. Most of their out put after Dogman have been inconsistent, yet consistent within sound (as in, you know it's King's X) but you never know how the trip is going to go. Where as on the first four the music is consistently the same really. Dogman, as an album, is consistently the same throughout. Then after that it's a case of- wonder what they are going to now.

I thought their last album was really good though. But fair enough.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:29 am

I actually like Ogre Tones better than XV, the first four songs are great and If is okay and then they do Bebop and ruin the run. 😆
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:03 pm

I definitely like Ogre Tones better than XV, no contest for me. 
Although I could have done without the cursing in "Getaway." 
It's not that I never use those words, I just think it ruins a song to use curse words as shock value.
Especially for a more artistic band like King's X.

Otherwise, I don't mind "Bebop" and if they ever want to do real bebop, jazz, funk, whatever, I'm okay with that.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:54 pm

Constantine wrote:I definitely like Ogre Tones better than XV, no contest for me. 
Although I could have done without the cursing in "Getaway." 
It's not that I never use those words, I just think it ruins a song to use curse words as shock value.
Especially for a more artistic band like King's X.

Otherwise, I don't mind "Bebop" and if they ever want to do real bebop, jazz, funk, whatever, I'm okay with that.
I think the one curse word in that song is a great statement that adds to the initial line. It's heartfelt, the way he says it, you can tell it has history and hurt behind it just by the way he says that one word.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3