The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rate the Stryper Reunion (2005-present) albums

+17
scottmitchell74
Gipperman
zelote
Soldier777
Ammocas
alldatndensum
Frozen Fire
Constantine
Follower of Jesus
Raegoul
Dustofyears
Black Rider
eatbugs
Fundy
Pethead
TZ75
WildWorld
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rate the Stryper Reunion (2005-present) albums - Page 2 Empty Re: Rate the Stryper Reunion (2005-present) albums

Post by Follower of Jesus Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:21 am

The Final Battle wouldn’t crack my top 4. I just don’t care for it that much. ETDB is epic and remains my #1.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

scottmitchell74 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Rate the Stryper Reunion (2005-present) albums - Page 2 Empty Re: Rate the Stryper Reunion (2005-present) albums

Post by Second Wind Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:23 am

I am not familiar yet with the album Even the Devil Believes and The Final Battle, so I will make my final statement after listening to these albums again.

For now, I can say that I really enjoy Reborn and specially Murder by Pride. Though modern, Reborn has cool songs on it. Of course, if it had some  solos and screams, I would enjoy it even more.
Murder by Pride, besides the many ballads, as someone said above, it has that stryper vibe missed on Reborn.
Also, the last position is already saved for The Covering as I don't usually care about cover albums.

Second Wind
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:05 am

I'd slide TFB into the second slot, couple songs don't hold my attention but overall it's great.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:06 pm

1.  Final Battle
2.  No More Hell To Pay
3.  Fallen
4.  Even The Devil Believes
5.  God Damn Evil
6.  Murder By Pride
7.  Reborn

Second Coming and The Covering aren't really "ratable" in my opinion...

Arttie
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty
The Strongest Man In The World
The Strongest Man In The World

http://www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Black Rider and Friday13th like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guitar Noir Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:49 am

Not a best of ranking, but a ranking of my favorites

Fallen
God Damn Evil
Reborn
No More Hell To Pay
The Final Battle
Even The Devil Believes
Murder By Pride
Guitar Noir
Guitar Noir
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://shadesofnoirsite.wordpress.com/

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:11 pm

8. Murder By Pride. None of the songs here stand out, doesn't sound like metal at all, and barely counts as hard rock. Not bad, but kind of boring.
7. Reborn. Underrated. Some of Stryper's best riffs here, especially on Reborn and Live Again. But the other albums are more consistent.
6. Even the Devil Believes. Just feels like a bunch of that era's mediocre songs put on one album.
5. The Covering. Wayward Son was the only one I know the original of, but this has some great riffs. One of Stryper's heaviest albums.
4. The Final Battle. Some of the best Stryper songs on here, but I think the top three have more stand-outs.
3. Fallen. A very consistent album, with some of the best of the band, my favorite being King Of Kings.
2. No More Hell to Pay. My favorite Stryper song is Marching into Battle from here. The rest of the album is also heavier and better than most of the rest.
1. God Damn Evil. The most consistent album IMO, and maybe the heaviest. Sorry has a pretty heavy riff, and while they are quiet, Take it to the Cross actually has some brutal vocals at the end.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2